• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  388
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/02/1989

I bought the book "Battling Unbelief" By John Piper becuase I also struggle with these things, I found it really helpful!!

If you can't buy the book, you should be able to listen to these sermons online at http://www.archive.org/details/BattlingUnbelief

Keep strong in Christ :noidea:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

4 in one answers

I will not quote the writer in full or at times at all due to length considerations but you can look up thier name and read their entire view.

Agua

Edited by oak

4 in one answers

I will not quote the writer in full or at times at all due to length considerations but you can look up thier name and read their entire view.

ShieldFaith:

You made a wonderful suggestion. I read what you referred me too and hit me like a lightening bolt. Thank you.

Nebula:

You

4 in 1 again

Godfearer:

You

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Blessings Oak, I received this, when I too was in a place of doubt. I hope it encourage you: Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong... II Cor. 12:10. Daily Quote: Feed on Christ, and then go and live your life, and it is Christ in you that lives your life, that helps the poor, that tells the truth, that fight the battles, and that wins the crown. Daily Thought: It's true, that God is mighty, that He can do anything. And yet, scripture also tells us that God often uses humble means of exercising His power. In II Cor 4:7, Paul tells us that God can use imperfect people to do His will. We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power maybe great, we must serve. Philippians 2:7 tells us that Jesus Himself of no reputation taking the " likeness of men". So if you are in doubt, and feeling not so powerful right now, or feeling unsure of what contributions you can make.....take heart. God in you is more powerful than you could ever be on your own, and He has prepared you great things to do. Oak, I have found, when my physical man is being challenge, it effects my spiritual man. My friend, the best way to fight doubt, is through the Word of God, so keep reading and replying to those post here at Worthy, soon the help that it gives to others will become deliverance to you. Its the Word of God, that breaks the yoke. II Cor 12:1-9; It is doubtless not profitable for me to boast. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord: I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago-whether in the body I do not know, or weather out of the body I do not know, God knows. God knows such as one caught up to the third heaven. Such a man in or out of body...God knows. Caught up into Paradise, heard inexpressible words, not lawful to utter. Of such a one I will boast; yet of myself I will not boast, except in my infirmities. For though I might desire to boast, I won't be a fool; for I will speak the truth. Lest I exalted above measure, a "thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. Concerning this thing I plead with the Lord 3 Xs that it might depart from me. And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Praying for your healing...jotful

This is truly beautiful jotful and you made my heart calmer when I read from within the Cor 12 quote: "...for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Thank you for helping me.

Oak

Praying!

Frezno Joe:

It's wonderful to hear from you; one of your replies I printed and use for prayer and instructive reference. You have helped me a great deal and may blessings come to you now and in the afterlife. When I saw your prayer, a phone call came in, informing me that bills that were not paid came through to my insurance. Serendipity?

Yours in Christ,

Oak