oak

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

In these forums (among many repetitive topics) there are distinct patterns and among them is the arguing about born again Christians. Now, this is just my opinion and I invite comments and counter-thoughts. However I met three types B.A. Christians.

One is what I call the coupon-type, or the best of both worlds type. They have a pang of a conscience and then they see an evangelist, see a movie or read something inspirational, and there is great heaviness on their hearts and they pray to Christ for salvation. This is for some the end of the story. They are saved forever and no sin on their part matters any more. No more reading the Bible or any rituals like appearing in Church. They are saved.

The second part is the one

Edited by oak

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  512
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  01/25/1955

In these forums (among many repetitive topics) there are distinct patterns and among them is the arguing about born again Christians. Now, this is just my opinion and I invite comments and counter-thoughts. However I met three types B.A. Christians.

One is what I call the coupon-type, or the best of both worlds type. They have a pang of a conscience and then they see an evangelist, see a movie or read something inspirational, and there is great heaviness on their hearts and they pray to Christ for salvation. This is for some the end of the story. They are saved forever and no sin on their part matters any more. No more reading the Bible or any rituals like appearing in Church. They are saved.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  05/16/1959

Between the two is a large middle that knows that some work is required but in their heart of hearts even if sin is leaning against them, they still try to do what is Right.

Don't we all struggle with sin in our lives. Even Paul struggled with sin...

Romans 7:18-25

18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,704
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/08/1950

I have always thought the term " born again Christian " to be redundant.

In order to be a Christian, you must be born again and Christians are always born again....so born again christian is like born again born again or christian christian.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

This reminds me of the parable of the landowner. He planted many seeds but not all of them grew and bore fruit. Some herd the word like from a preacher and started living the life, but sin and there old ways of living was just to uch to give up. Others took the word and it changed there lives completley they gave of all and found everything that they gave up was worthless to what they foudn in Christ.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

Edited by Miss Elly

.... and I do not have a summation for this post ....

Yes

For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 1 Corinthians 2:2

Yes You Do Beloved

I Love You Jesus

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't know if we can make broad generalizations about people and their faith, it simply is too much for us, way above our pay grade.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

• Topic Count:  67
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

From the answers I received I have been able to be more concise in terms of the Born Again Christians. Here are some of my question/concerns:

a)