lekh l'kha

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

SEVEN HEADS, CROOKED SERPENTS, ANCIENT SYMBOLS. WHO SAYS IT'S OF NECESSITY ASTROLOGY AND PAGAN?

Here's a 14TH-century B.C Canaanite text discovered by archaeologists at a place called Ra's Shamrah, ascribing the feat described below to the Canaanite god Ba'al:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  02/10/1959

In his book "The Witness of the Stars", E.W Bullinger asserts that long before the Bible was written, and long before the pagan nations corrupted it by linking their gods and mythologies to the constellations and stars (and began worshipping the sun, the moon and the stars), the descendants of Seth and of Shem used the mazzaroth (the twelve ancient Hebrew zodiacal signs) as symbols to tell about the events which would surround the coming of "the seed of the woman" (Gen.3: 15) who it had been promised was to come into the world....

"And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered...

... And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born...

... And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne...

You can read the rest of these articles HERE

That's very interesting research. I often look at the stars at night and ask for God's guidance - I believe people always have done that throughout history.

That's very interesting research. I often look at the stars at night and ask for God's guidance - I believe people always have done that throughout history.

God's creation is beautiful - looking at the stars gives a good idea of His vast knowledge and power. (as long as we go back to the Bible each time for the guidance!! :thumbsup: )

lekh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Well, when the symbol for the Virgin holds an olive branch - which means fertility,

And when there's a symbol of a warrior crushing the head of the scorpion while the scorpion is bruising the warrior's heel . . .

You gotta think that maybe there's something to this.

Well, when the symbol for the Virgin holds an olive branch - which means fertility,

And when there's a symbol of a warrior crushing the head of the scorpion while the scorpion is bruising the warrior's heel . . .

True. I actually have a copy of "The Witness of the Stars" by E.W Bullinger. I couldn't study it in detail though. But he provides enough evidence. It's fascinating - especially the way he shows how the four sides of the camp of the Israelites in the wilderness equally divide the Zodiac at its four cardinal points, with the tribe of Levi situated at the centre (the Scales, or Libra, as it is known today); and the four great signs (standards) of the Israelite camps (and the four quarters of the Zodiac), are the same four which form the Cherubim (the Eagle, the Scorpion's enemy, being substituted for the Scorpion).

He also goes into detail about the structure of Psalm 19, and shows how it refers to "the testimony of the heavens".

lekh

....ok! I can't help but wonder, what is your point? =) preach the cross!

Lord Jesus is risen!

Welcome to Worthy Forums hx9! :thumbsup:

Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords :thumbsup:

Lekh

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

....ok! I can't help but wonder, what is your point? =) preach the cross!

Lord Jesus is risen!

I don't know about the source(s) posted, but I have read about this before.

The point is that the constellations preach the Gospel. :thumbsup:

You just got to strip away the pagan names and associations.

• Topic Count:  173
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,911
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  10

True. I actually have a copy of "The Witness of the Stars" by E.W Bullinger. I couldn't study it in detail though. But he provides enough evidence. It's fascinating - especially the way he shows how the four sides of the camp of the Israelites in the wilderness equally divide the Zodiac at its four cardinal points, with the tribe of Levi situated at the centre (the Scales, or Libra, as it is known today); and the four great signs (standards) of the Israelite camps (and the four quarters of the Zodiac), are the same four which form the Cherubim (the Eagle, the Scorpion's enemy, being substituted for the Scorpion).

He also goes into detail about the structure of Psalm 19, and shows how it refers to "the testimony of the heavens".

lekh

Its called astrotheology, its a fascinating study and topic. Jordan Maxwell even though he confesses to believe in a 'higher power and is spiritual' has a great study on this subject I sure you could find it by googling him. I do think that the stars were placed to tell the story before written words and perhaps after the flood Noah sat with his sons and family and told the story from the stars. Who knows?!

lekh

Its called astrotheology, its a fascinating study and topic. Jordan Maxwell even though he confesses to believe in a 'higher power and is spiritual' has a great study on this subject I sure you could find it by googling him. I do think that the stars were placed to tell the story before written words and perhaps after the flood Noah sat with his sons and family and told the story from the stars. Who knows?!

lekh

"Astrotheology". Now they must have their minds in the heavens! It has certainly helped me to understand the symbolism of the woman and the dragon of Revelation 12. Also the fact of those ancient Canaanite texts discovered by archaeologists (which talk about "leviathan" as a "crooked, foul-fanged serpent with seven heads") helped me to understand the origin of the symbolism of a seven-headed dragon. Maybe the ancient pagan nations regarded the constellation of the serpent as a serpent having "seven heads", or something?

lekh

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

D. James Kennedy did a study on this whilst he was still amongst us. It was enlightening. I too have the Gospel in the Stars and it's a good read, but very meaty,

Remember at one point in time, all of Adam's sons worshipped the Most High God and used the stars to tell of seasons and events, Cain or one of his descendants was probably the first to pervert the teaching, If I had to guess anyone in particular, I'd say Nimroud bar Cush (Nimrod), although it might have come earlier.