• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  512
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/25/1955

is Jesus walking on earth now? He's not in the flesh anymore. He is simply fully God.

Please provide the Scriptural verses which prove your point. I have given you ample verses that demonstrate Jesus is still in the flesh, and one verse which says he sits forever at the right hand of God as a man.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  630
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/09/1990

The entire work of Scripture is written in light of God/Jesus/Spirit and salvation. It drips with His glory.

(Exodus 3:14)

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM' has sent me to you. "

(John 8:58)

"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" At this, they picked up stones to stone him, but Jesus hid Himself, slipping away from the temple grounds.

-The Jews didn't try to stone Jesus because He was claiming to be really old- He was claiming to be the I AM- the eternal God. It's blasphemy to claim you're God. But Jesus is God, so...

(Colossians 1:15-17)

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

(Isaiah 44:24)

"This is what the Lord says - your Redeemer, who formed you in the womb; I am the Lord, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself...

(Genesis 1:1)

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

(John 1:1)

In the beginning was the Word...

(Matthew 28:17)

And behold, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they came up and took hold of His feet and worshipped Him.

(Philippians 2:5-11)

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus: Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross! Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus very knee should bow, in heaven and on earth tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

(Isaiah 45:22-23)

"Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. By myself I have sworn, my mouth has uttered in all integrity a word that will not be revoked; Before me every knee will bow; by me every tongue will swear."

Those are a few.

Guest THE GOLDEN BUTTERFLY

JESUS is THE LIFE OF GOD, the river of life which flowed from the heart of GOD and bleed upon the Earth in the form of JESUS, so without JESUS there would be no GOD, because GOD would cease to exist without LIFE, This is why JESUS kept saying *"I AM THE LIFE, AND THE WAY"* , "THE LIFE" meaning "THE LIFE OF GOD", "THE LIVING GOD", and "THE WAY" meaning THE RIVER OF THAT ETERNAL LIFE WHICH FLOWS WITHIN GOD, AND FROM GOD, THROUGH ALL THE HEAVENS AND DOWN UPON THE EARTH... So worship JESUS with TRUE clarity of faith, because his ETERNAL LOVE and SALVATION pours upon you like a river every second of every day, FOREVER :cool: G777

Jesus is a divine Person in whom the substance of God and the substance of man was so interwoven as to be inseparable. He is God the Son, the Word become Flesh, who took His flesh from the Virgin Mary, grew in her womb, and came into the world as a little baby in a manger.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fullness of the time was come, God sent his Son, made of a woman, made under the law:

Acts 1:14 All these were persevering with one mind in prayer with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.

The Word of God was in the beginning with God. He is eternally begotten of the Father, of the same substance as the Father and the Holy Spirit.

Jesus is the Word made Flesh. As God, He has no beginning. As man, He begins at His conception in the Virgin Womb. As God, His substance cannot be separated. As man, He shed His blood upon the earth.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we saw his glory, the glory as it were of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Hebrews 2:14 Therefore because the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself in like manner hath been partaker of the same: that, through death, he might destroy him who had the empire of death, that is to say, the devil:

you're really not doing a very convincing job lexiio.

as a man, Christ began in the womb of the virgin marry, and ENDED when he drew His last breath on the cross. a human who has died is dead. period. so he can't be fully human, because he died. and then He rose again, as God.

and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.... past tense dear, past tense.

now, since we have effectively derailed this topic, i'm going to recommend we save this disagreement for another thread another time, and get this thread back on track. i know you're new here, but keeping a thread on topic is really a matter of etiquette.

you're really not doing a very convincing job lexiio.

as a man, Christ began in the womb of the virgin marry, and ENDED when he drew His last breath on the cross. a human who has died is dead. period. so he can't be fully human, because he died. and then He rose again, as God.

and the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.... past tense dear, past tense.

now, since we have effectively derailed this topic, i'm going to recommend we save this disagreement for another thread another time, and get this thread back on track. i know you're new here, but keeping a thread on topic is really a matter of etiquette.

Thank you for the invite, but I have no desire to debate this topic further. I will leave the thread to its original topic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

I should also add that even though I've been Christian for 30 years, I had not until recently "awoken", as my testimony reflects. I am still learning and started reading the Bible about a month ago. I want to know everything now. :)

Fret not 'asercetchord', I've been saved for 27 years, and still is learning too. Your topic 'an elementary question, is fit for my elementary answer. Let's try it this way...You are married, and have a son, your son carries his fathers last name... let say James, it will never change, because HIS father (Mr. James) and Him (Little James) are one. It doesn't matter if Little James changes his last name to Jones, he will always be a James because he was born as Mr. James son. Does this help? :)

John 1:1-4: In the beginning was the Word (Christ) and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. All things were made through Him, and without Him

nothing was made that was made.

John affirms three vital truths about the Word (Christ): He existed in the beginning: He was with God, and in His divine nature He was indeed God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

But God and Jesus are two separate beings, right?

Col. 2: 9 - For in Him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily;

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Here's an OT text:

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name,
and what is his son's name
, if thou canst tell?