• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

Well Christopher I am glad that you dont worry about such things as what happens when we die. I am glad you have that peace in your heart that, makes everything in life, at the moment seem like what its all about. I know you already know this since you seem to be an active member here, That life in Christ makes living on this earth 100% better. Of course we get excited about are true home, that home you will never see. Too bad realy since you have the head knowledge of Jesus, you just choose to deny.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Have you guys ever tried looking forward to life?

:laugh:

Rom 8:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.

I don't expect you to understand what it is like Christopher, but believe it or not I was once like you (read my testimony), and I can tell you that life now is 100% better than it was when I was living in the flesh! :cool: (and know that I am not trying to insult your intelligence with the above scripture, I am sure you know what it means, what Paul was saying, but to live it you have to believe, otherwise it does surpass understanding :cool: )

Blessings, we are still praying for you!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I look forward to everyday of my life, i look forward to living life to serve God, i look forward to being with my wife, my kids and friends and other family.

I look forward to every chance i get to praise and worship Jesus.

Now I have a question for you; do you ever wonder about what happens after death?

Nope. And that's why I'm happy being alive.

Life and death go hand in hand, all those who live will someday die.

Only through accepting Christ do we find eternal life and the ability to escape true death.

You can deny it if you want, but in the end it willnot change the truth, that Christ did indeed so that you, specificly you Christopher, could have eternal life.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian. My opinions are my own. You do not have to accept them if you dislike them.

Dear Sir Gareth,

Thank you for your original post.

If all the other Christians died, fell away or what have you and I was the last person on Earth who held the bible to be the infallable word of God, and that only Christ could heal you.

If everyonje else taunted me, jeered at me, treated me like I was some stupid, superstitious idiot because of what I believed.

If I were jailed, persecuted and killed for my beliefs...

I would still profess Christ as Lord.

I just wanted to point out the non-sequitor in your OP. If you were killed for your beliefs, it would be very difficult for you to profess anything. From my experience, dead people do not profess anything.

Regards,

UF

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

DISCLAIMER: I am not a Christian. My opinions are my own. You do not have to accept them if you dislike them.

Dear Sir Gareth,

Thank you for your original post.

If all the other Christians died, fell away or what have you and I was the last person on Earth who held the bible to be the infallible word of God, and that only Christ could heal you.

If everyone else taunted me, jeered at me, treated me like I was some stupid, superstitious idiot because of what I believed.

I just wanted to point out the non-sequitor in your OP. If you were killed for your beliefs, it would be very difficult for you to profess anything. From my experience, dead people do not profess anything.

Regards,

UF

Well actually - Rev 22:3 "No longer will there be anything accursed, but the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and his servants will worship him". So I guess if one is dead to the world that might be true, but being alive to Christ means that you are never dead. (you know, like the dinosaurs?) :24:

Blessings

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  415
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/02/1945

If all the other Christians died, fell away or what have you and I was the last person on Earth who held the bible to be the infallable word of God, and that only Christ could heal you.

If everyonje else taunted me, jeered at me, treated me like I was some stupid, superstitious idiot because of what I believed.

A noble post! In my heart and spirit I feel exactly the same way. Remember though, Simon Peter said that he would follow Jesus no matter what and after Jesus was arrested he was the first of his followers to deny him. In my flesh, I am a card-carrying coward, being honest here, it would take the grace of God to stand when everything is going wrong. I believe God will grant us that grace.

And Mr. Carlin, Jesus Christ said that he was come to bring life and that more abundantly! You are clueless to that life apparently. We can be happy spiritually and also in our physical bodies as well. Perhaps you think you are "happy" without Christ because that is all you know. But sin reaps its own wages eventually. We were all once ignorant until God's life shined upon our lives, me especially since I was raised in church and only knew a form of religion, not the shepherd of our souls. How can we not love him since he gave his lives for us?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

I look forward to eternal life with Christ. How about you? What do you have to look forward to? Evolving into some higher life form?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.84
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

How can we not love him since he gave his lives for us?

He only died for 3 days and knew that He would be resurrected. Yes it was a horrible way to die but no more so than the deaths of billions of others who died permanently. I don't understand why Christians keep making this out to be some big sacrifice.

The whole propsition that His being killed somehow absolves us of blame for our actions is also absurd. I don't see scapegoating to be either just or moral, that it would be used by an allegedly absolutely just and absolutely moral God is ludicrous.

Well, whether you like it or not or accept it or not, He still died for you and me. What is ludicrous is that someone would choose to be eternally separated from God because they were too ..... to accept the free gift of eternal life with Christ. They too will have eternal life, but it will be in Hell, eternally separated from their father, forever tormented knowing that people they knew are in paradise while they burn.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

Amen. Amen. And Amen!

• Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

I look forward to eternal life with Christ. How about you? What do you have to look forward to? Evolving into some higher life form?

No, because it doesn't happen that quickly. And I look forward to making my one (and only) life the best I can. I'm not afraid of death so I don't need any bedtimes stories to make me feel better.

With all due respect to you, sir, there is obviously something that your still looking for to make you feel better about your life/death, or you wouldn't keep coming here. Arguing with us can't be that thrilling to keep drawing you in, can it?