• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  187
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/12/1925

2 Cor. 1:20

"For as many as may be the promises of God, in Him they are yes wherefore also by Him is our amen to the glory of God through us."

All through scripture, "as many as" means all, so I take the verse above to mean that every promise to mankind that God has ever made must come to mankind through and by Jesus.

And if by Jesus, then by the cross.

So now we have every blessing coming through the finished work of Christ.

1 Cor. 10:4 says when Moses led them out of bondage, they all drank from the same spiritual rock, and that rock was Christ.

Therefore, everything we receive from the Father is because of Jesus.

Opinions ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

Great post Franky I would sure agree with your statement. "He that spare not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all thimgs?" Romans 8:32

Great post Franky I would sure agree with your statement. "He that spare not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all thimgs?" Romans 8:32

Thanks, the logical progression of thoughts along this line, is that the promises of God all through the scriptures have been secured by the work that Jesus did at calvary.

Now comes the part that separates many believers.

All would agree that salvation was secured for everyone on planet earth who would receive it.

The word used in the Greek New Testament is Sozo for saved, and soteria for salvation, both words.

Both words mean to make whole, physically and spiritually. Both definitions include the words health, and \ or healing.

So all this tells me that if spiritual salvation was provided by Jesus, then physical salvation was also provided. Again, provided for all who will accept it.

I believe it is possible to accept the one, and deny oneself the other.

One of the promises is a long life (psalm 91), so no, we won't live forever, but God said,

" With a long life I will satisfy him, and let him behold My salvation"

There's that word again, only in Hebrew the name for salvation is YESHUA, and it means the same thing as the two greek words, save and salvation.

All the promises of God are, in Him, are yes and amen.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  283
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  04/01/1983

I think I agree with you, Franky, but maybe not because I believe many believers could live a longer live if they were to denied Christ. What I mean by that is in most Moslem Countries not to reject the name of Christ is a death sentence (Hebrews 11:37; Romans 8:36) Jesus died at 33, many of the Apostles of Christ died at an early age, also.

I think I agree with you, Franky, but maybe not because I believe many believers could live a longer live if they were to denied Christ. What I mean by that is in most Moslem Countries not to reject the name of Christ is a death sentence (Hebrews 11:37; Romans 8:36) Jesus died at 33, many of the Apostles of Christ died at an early age, also.

But the promises of God still stand, Like God said, for a thousand generations.

What has happened, and what may happen in the future can not, and does not change God's promises.

As for Jesus' short life, that was predetermined from the beginning of creation.

Edited by Franky67