Quietly observing

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1

Hi Ya'll, :anv20181::sleep2: Um i'm new to this posting a topic thing .... anyhow i had a question. You see i'm thinking (very hard, in fact i think i'm ready to buy) a laptop, and i know some come with free anti-virus and such, well i'm asking which anti-virus will be the best and not so expensive. This would be the first big purchase on my young life so please help. Oh and thanks for even looking at this post. :laugh:

Blessings, Qo

Hi Ya'll, :anv20181::sleep2: Um i'm new to this posting a topic thing .... anyhow i had a question. You see i'm thinking (very hard, in fact i think i'm ready to buy) a laptop, and i know some come with free anti-virus and such, well i'm asking which anti-virus will be the best and not so expensive. This would be the first big purchase on my young life so please help. Oh and thanks for even looking at this post. :laugh:

Blessings, Qo

Many laptops come with anti-virus software installed. I like McAfee. Some like Norton. Just make sure that you keep what ever program you get updated. There are some that are free I can't remember the one my husband really liked. I'll try to remember to ask him when he gets back.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Ya'll, :noidea::mellow: Um i'm new to this posting a topic thing .... anyhow i had a question. You see i'm thinking (very hard, in fact i think i'm ready to buy) a laptop, and i know some come with free anti-virus and such, well i'm asking which anti-virus will be the best and not so expensive. This would be the first big purchase on my young life so please help. Oh and thanks for even looking at this post. :)

Blessings, Qo

Many laptops come with anti-virus software installed. I like McAfee. Some like Norton. Just make sure that you keep what ever program you get updated. There are some that are free I can't remember the one my husband really liked. I'll try to remember to ask him when he gets back.

AVG free is apparently very good.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

I use Norton Anti-Virus, it's $60.00 a year (download from their site). If you don't want to do that, you can download some software that is free. You should protect your computer though; my daughter lost her expensive laptop's hard drive to a virus a couple of years ago. Lesson hard learned.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  05/12/1960

I have used Avg free for a long time and have had no problems from it or virus. O welcome to worthy

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.96
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Welcome. McAfee is good. I'm not sure how it works with Windows 7 yet, but I would think they have it worked out. It's not free, but has some extras like SiteAdvisor which denotes safe and unsafe sites (for cookies and tracking software).

Guest B1inHim

AVG is better than a lot of them and you can get it free if you do not want the hassle of paying out money that one might need to say, pay for internet service...

It comes with no adware and does not take up a lot of RAM like Norton or MaAfee does, giving you he freedom to post here without wiating minutes for the boot to complete

Cheers :noidea:

Guest usemeLord

Hi Ya'll, :emot-wave::mellow: Um i'm new to this posting a topic thing .... anyhow i had a question. You see i'm thinking (very hard, in fact i think i'm ready to buy) a laptop, and i know some come with free anti-virus and such, well i'm asking which anti-virus will be the best and not so expensive. This would be the first big purchase on my young life so please help. Oh and thanks for even looking at this post. :)

Blessings, Qo

Hi Quietly I use Trend Micro, it comes highly recommended from some computer techs I know.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

AVG is great! It's free used it for years, now I'm trying another free antivirus called Avast!

AVG Free Edition is the way to go... :emot-wave: