• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Arthur,

You do have one problem though and that is that the Word of God is built up line upon line and precept pon precept. Therefore, when your views juxtapose that of Scripture anywhere, you have to rectify that situation in your thought process. :39:

As to whether or not the woman at the well was born again or not. I will leave it to scripture to provide the evidence;

Jesus reveals Himself;

Joh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

Grace to you,

Let's try another example then. :39:

When the woman who was caught in Adultery, due to be stoned to death and even in the process, was brought before Jesus.

What did He do?

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,345
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1961

Hi Dave, I am in a difficult place here as LadyC has insinuated if not accused me of starting this topic earlier but dropping it because it was not "juicey enough".

I do not recall why i left at the time, but i do know now from previous experiences of posting that it is very easy to get bogged down in side issues and loose the proofs being provided.

The main thrust of this topic was to ask if and where Rick Friedrichs is in error? I cannot see any error, but I am very aware I could be wrong, I am not infalliable neither do I hold any man up as such the Lord excepting of course.

I really think it is not good to use the women at the well to determine correct teaching on divorce or remarriage, especially when there is specific teaching on it by Jesus in the sermon on the mount. Is there any proof her 5 husbands were still alive? but even if they were can we think the Lord was condoning her remarriages soley because He mentions them as having occured?

Im not sure where your going re the Lords mercy towards those in adultery, I certainly am not suggesting anyone be stoned or unforgiven. We know that even if not stated by Jesus, all who encountered Him left knowing they could "go" forgiven but "sin no more".

If remarriage is adultery and therefore sin, then the church must stop condoning it. So if there are claims that this is so we need to investigate it fully not prefering anything dear to us except the truth.

To my mind Rick proves that scripture does not support remarriage, but rather prohibits it.

I have stated my, vaid (I think) reasons why i dont wish to continue in this vein. If you can show error in the linked article I really want to know where and why.

All grace and peace to you,

Arthur.

Grace to you,

Arthur, I am just trying to state that there is a Royal Law that we should all be following and if we followed that there wouldn't be such a need to try to determine what it is about our neighbor that needs correction. :)

Mt

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

It was long winded but I agree with your article :)

Hi spiritman, its not my article but if its right it refutes todays teaching on divorce and remarriage, and has huge consequences as up to 50% of christians are divorced. 7 out of 10 of my christian friends and my family are divorced.

I think the author has to cover all bases as many look for loopholes at every turn, but i think he has refuted beyond "reasonable" doubt all the arguements for remarriage.

Hi JCISGD,

Yes, there has been confusion over this issue in the past. some people put into this scripture to say what they want it to say ignoring the obvious. It is very important when reading the scripture to do a topical or cross reference study, on the subject being read about, and not to read just one verse, this is how a lot of Christians get tripped up.

Peace to you Spiritman

Dave i agree with you to a point, but have to ask then what is the role of a Pastor/Evangelist etc? is he only to love people ?. Why does Ezk 33 say the blood of someone not warned of sin is on our heads?

I am not a pastor nor am I trying to fill that role here, but what if an unbeliever comes up to me and asks what does Jesus teach about divorce or remarriage, surely it is a very serious that i tell him only that which is right? Or do i as a representive of Christ tell him to ask Jesus for himself?

Surely you dont mean the bible is only for self edification when 2 Tim 3:16 says it is also for reproof, correction and instruction for righteousness?

Dave I didnt post this topic to point fingers but to see if I am not seeing something or errors in Ricks proofs.

Its about the possibility that millions of believers have been misled, and if that be the case then that they are in danger of hell as no (unrepentant) adulterer will enter into heaven, and no worker of lawlessness.

We are only told not to correct others when we are commiting the same or more serious sin, but it cannot be that we smile while watching multitudes sink into hell.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  519
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/28/1980

We are all workers of lawwlessness, all of us evil to the core. If not for the blodd of Christ we would never enter his kingdom. This marriage debate is on and on and on. Although I feel strongly that unless the two are practicing Christians trying to make things work they should not divorce. In fact divorce should never be permitted accept in extreme situations. I will let God be the judge of that. If a man or woman leaves there husband or wife and dose not return and divorce takes place. Sure God can work miricles, but after the two part one may commit adultry or start dating. I for one was in that situation and I know the pain. You cant take your wife or husband back and live a happy trusting marriage after that. Of course people will say "yes it can be worked out" well try it out and tell me how it worked out. I think thats why adultry is the only reason for divorce. Now some people may be able to work through it. But when a man or woman leaves for another, then you are left out in the cold with no were to go. based on what some people say that victim of adultry is the punished again by god to live a life of celebicy. If this is true I find it unfair and dosnt sit right with me or the bible I read. Jesus hates divorce but undertands that situations like the above happen. Some of these teachings can realy mess with certain peoples minds if they are weak in there faith.

We are all workers of lawwlessness, all of us evil to the core. If not for the blodd of Christ we would never enter his kingdom. This marriage debate is on and on and on. Although I feel strongly that unless the two are practicing Christians trying to make things work they should not divorce. In fact divorce should never be permitted accept in extreme situations. I will let God be the judge of that. If a man or woman leaves there husband or wife and dose not return and divorce takes place. Sure God can work miricles, but after the two part one may commit adultry or start dating. I for one was in that situation and I know the pain. You cant take your wife or husband back and live a happy trusting marriage after that. Of course people will say "yes it can be worked out" well try it out and tell me how it worked out. I think thats why adultry is the only reason for divorce. Now some people may be able to work through it. But when a man or woman leaves for another, then you are left out in the cold with no were to go. based on what some people say that victim of adultry is the punished again by god to live a life of celebicy. If this is true I find it unfair and dosnt sit right with me or the bible I read. Jesus hates divorce but undertands that situations like the above happen. Some of these teachings can realy mess with certain peoples minds if they are weak in there faith.

Hi HS, the purpose of this topic was to find out if there was error in Rick Friedrichs tract on remarriage, so far no one has shown anywhere he is wrong. I have no personal interest in it being right, but if it is then it is. I am urging all here to read it as if its right then countless christians have been misled and are in danger of hell.

Why do you say you cant live without a marriage? Can God not supply all our needs or remove them? I have been alone now for 20 yrs. The early years were very hard but mostly because i had been taught error about my situatioin and so i fought many unecessary battles. Infact i now see i was fighting God.

Grace to you,

Arthur, Do you believe that King David is burning in hell? How about Abraham?

Peace,

Dave

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I don't want to interject a complicating factor or have this go down the wrong path, but the article was pretty good, it is essentially the Roman Catholic view of divorce.

Catholics don't believe in re-marriage after divorce for any reason, the only way you can re-marry in the Catholic Church is for them to say that your first marriage was never an actual or legitimate marriage, which is what this article points out.

I don't know there are cases on both sides for this argument.

One simple solution is just don't get divorced or remain single and then you won't have to worry about all of this stuff.