starfire

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Doc, I don't want to stray from this thread but I just want to add that I just don't feel right about this war with Iraq.

I love our President and support him but I feel very uncomfortable about the war. Something doesn't seem right.

I'm so torn; I love the president and believe he is our brother in Christ but nothing about this "war" seems right. I can't seem to justify it. It doesn't make sense.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:rofl: Hey cat me too. He prayed yesterday but he didn't mention Jesus. :???:

That's a whole lot more than the previous president did.

I also prayed with Muslims in the streets of Indonesia but I didn't always pray the name of "Jesus" because that would be too much too soon. Sometimes you have to take it step by step or you can incite a riot or violence - especially in public.

I could pray and say "God" or "Lord" but in a Muslim country you can't just stand on the street corner and yell, "Jesus".

People have to use sensitivity and discretion, using the holy name of Jesus whenever they can but there are times when we are not given that much leeway.

It was my job to spread the gospel, {as a missionary} yet even then I had to be very careful. I could talk more freely in private with a Muslim but not in public. Sharing the gospel has to be a covert activity.

The president isn't a preacher; he's the head politician of what is a former Christian country with only a remnant of true Christians remaining. The rest are fence-sitters or nominal Christians at best.  True born-again believers are no longer the majority in this country, I'm sorry to say.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  139
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

:inlove: Do you think that people are afraid to pray to Jesus out loud today. :rofl:

• 1 month later...

I had a dream about the town I live near and the place I used to work at. In the dream the work place was all rumble. And it was a pretty good sized place. The only way I knew where it was was in the spirit, because I could not regconize it with my eyes.  I don't know if it is ends times or not. May just be symbolic. Like financial ruin........

In a different dream about twenty some odd years ago I believe the Lord should me a small part of the rapture. It happens in a twinkling of an eye.  

That is about all......... :a2:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Doc, I don't want to stray from this thread but I just want to add that I just don't feel right about this war with Iraq.

I love our President and support him but I feel very uncomfortable about the war. Something doesn't seem right.

I'm so torn; I love the president and believe he is our brother in Christ but nothing about this "war" seems right. I can't seem to justify it. It doesn't make sense.

Dearest Cat,

Nothing about war is ever right.  Its simply the self defense of the nation.  No one ever forced to shoot a BG (bad guy) ever feels good about it.  We are a peace loving people.  In both my role as a member of the profession at arms and in my personal life protecting my family I never want to hurt or kill anyone.  Unfortunately the world is broken and violence must sometimes be met by violence.  After the resurrection Jesus instructed His disciples to go pawn their coats and buy a sword.  They might have to use that sword to kill in order to save their own lives or protect those who are innocent and/or cannot defend themselves.  One day when the Earth and our bodies are redeemed there will be no more death, no disease....and no more war!!

- Dr. Steve

Now that we are in the war, I stand faithfully by our president and our government too.

I hear a lot of anti-government talk; I heard it on shortwave radio and listened to militia channels.

I am no longer anti-government and cringe when I hear this stuff. Maybe because Clinton isn't in office now and a godly man is.

I want to believe in my country. I want to believe in our leadership. I want to put my trust and belief in those in authority. After Bill Clinton, all I did was hang my head in shame.

I am no longer ashamed. And since we are at war, I give my full support because our soldiers need us now - no matter how we feel about this or any other war; I stand faithfully by our troops, our president and our country.

I'd much rather live in this country than any other.

• 4 years later...

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

I had a vivid dream a little over 3 years ago of my city.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

This thread is so old......the original posters are on Medicare now! :emot-questioned:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,858
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  05/23/1957

This thread is so old......the original posters are on Medicare now! :wub:

:whistling::huh::wub: