• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.74
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.84
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Not sure which forum this is best for - but here goes anyway.

A Denial of Christianity

From the Muslim point of view the Dome of the Rock was an answer to and a denial of the attractions of Christianity and its Scriptures, providing the "faithful" with arguments to be used against Christian theology. The inscriptions are seven hundred and thirty-four feet long in all, amongst the lengthiest inscriptions in the world. There is a great amount of repetition and many quotations from the Koran.

The following extracts are relevant:

Inner Face: South Wall. In the name of Allah the Merciful the Compassionate. There is no God but Allah alone; he has no co-partner. He is the Kingship and His the praise. He giveth life and He causeth to die, and He hath power over everything.

South-East Wall. Verily Allah and His angels pronounce blessing upon the Prophet. O ye who have pronounced blessings upon Him and give Him the salutation of peace. O, People of the Book (i.e. the Jews and Christians, always referred to as such by the Muslims -Ed.) do not go beyond the bounds in your religion and do not say about Allah anything but the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, is but a messenger of Allah and His word which he cast upon Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe only in Allah and of his messenger, but do not say "Three" (Trinity) and it will be better for you. Allah is only one God. Far be it from His glory that he should have a son.

North Wall. The Messiah will not deign to be in the service of Allah nor will the angels who stand in his presence. O Allah; pray upon Thy messenger "the servant Jesus - (N-W Wall) the son of Mary and peace be upon him the day of his birth, the day of his death and the day of his being raised alive." That is Jesus, son of Mary - a statement concerning which YOU are in doubt. It is not for Allah to take for Himself any offspring, glory be to Him.

West Wall. Allah bears witness that there is no God but Him, likewise the angels and the people possessed of knowledge (S-W WALL) - Upholding justice. There is no God but He, the Almighty and All wise. Verily, the religion in Allah's sight is Islam.

Outer Face: West and North-West Walls. In the name of Allah the Merciful and Compassionate. There is no God but Allah alone. Praise be to Allah who hath not taken to himself offspring. To Him there has never been any person in the sovereignty. Mohammed is the messenger of Allah, may God pray upon Him and accept his intercession.

Praise be God who has not taken unto himself a son and who has no partner in sovereignty nor has He any protector on account of weakness.

If religious Jews are offended by the presence of this Islamic shrine on their holy mountain, Christians have even more reasons to take offense at the offense to their God, and the deliberate insults to Biblical revelation that the interior inscriptions clearly intend.

(The we site I first read this in goes into even more detail - but I can't seem to find it.)

Anyway, thought you all might be interested in this piece of knowledge.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCPGUY

Thanx for that info Nebber. :) More people need to see it.

Just more drivel from another false religion.

In His Love,

Bro John

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

It may be in Satan's hands right now but it will be reclaimed by God that has been prophesied! God's temple will be rebuilt, so enjoy it for now guys cause it ain't permanent! :) God will inhabit that sight again because it is His Holy Ground!! PRAISE GOD!!

Marilyn

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Praise God Marilyn777 your rite :)

It may be in Satan's hands right now but it will be reclaimed by God that has been prophesied! God's temple will be rebuilt, so enjoy it for now guys cause it ain't permanent!  God will inhabit that sight again because it is His Holy Ground!! PRAISE GOD!!

10000000% agree

• Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  18

Sadly many Orthodox Jews are happier that there is a Mosque there than a Church...the reason being they think the Moslems at least worship one G-d whereas they see the Christians as worshipping three!

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I LOVE Islamic theory. It's so scrutable. The Dome was captured by Israel and kindly given back to Muslims. Very generous of the Jewish State indeed. BTW, what particular piece of real estate has Islam given to the "only son" of Abraham & his worthy descendants? Excellent query.

And, of course, if "Allah," the solar deity of the ancient Arabian Peninsula, is so "compassionate" as the Dome would have us believe, how come his adherents are engaged in all sorts of kidnapping, homicide bombings & beheadings worldwide without as much as the bat of an eyelash? "Allah's" compatriots have a 13-century record of plunder, rape and genocide - still proceeding today worldwide - that discredits the entire religion.

I will choose the compassionate, peace-bringing, Jehovah-enfleshed (John 1:1-14)Creator-God (Colossians Chapter One) the Lord Jesus Christ over the solar god "Allah" (and his moon goddess, Allat) mainly because of Who He is and because of what He accomplished for sinners on Mount Calvary, an eternal act of redemptive love unknown & never accomplished by one, Muhammad of Yathrib.

Muhammad was a warrior-general intent on slaying "infidels" and "renegades." The Lord Jesus Christ is a Man of peace, love and redemption. Plainly, the Dome's scroll speaks with studied irrelevance.

God Bless America.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  280
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

I read this but don't know how true it is.

When the Crusades were going on, the crusaders were literally using the site of the ancient Jewish temple as the place to put their trash and waste. They were doing it deliberately to show contempt for the Jews. When the Muslims retook the area they built the Mosque there partly so that no one would desecrate the site again.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I'm not sure I understand why this is important. Does Christianity need fancy buildings to be legitimate? :huh:

Guest shiloh357
I'm not sure I understand why this is important. Does Christianity need fancy buildings to be legitimate? :huh:

I think the point Neb is making, Steve, is that the Dome of the Rock is inscribed all kinds of anti-Christian diatribes. As is quoted below from the article.

From the Muslim point of view the Dome of the Rock was an answer to and a denial of the attractions of Christianity and its Scriptures, providing the "faithful" with arguments to be used against Christian theology.

If religious Jews are offended by the presence of this Islamic shrine on their holy mountain, Christians have even more reasons to take offense at the offense to their God, and the deliberate insults to Biblical revelation that the interior inscriptions clearly intend.

This is just one more example of how Islam hates Christianity as much as it hates Jews. The Dome is built on the site of the Temple, and is inscribed with verses that denegrate Christianity.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

I think the point Neb is making, Steve, is that the Dome of the Rock is inscribed all kinds of anti-Christian diatribes. As is quoted below from the article.

Yes, I learned to read about 30 years ago. :huh:

Persecution against Christians is nothing. It always has been, and always will be. Jesus promised that his followers would be persecuted, but he never promised them they would wake up tomorrow.

That's why I am surprised that people get so excited over it.