IGNORED

Sucides in U.S. Army are on track to reach new high.

redwing

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  400
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,903
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/19/1942

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Disturbing indeed and probably directly related to the immense stress our military in under right now.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.86
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

And some people discount PTSD. Can you imagine not knowing who your enemy is?

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

This news makes me feel so sad, because those service folk may could have been helped. Most of the time folks are just not paying attention to people. If we would get back to forming friendships, or just having a touch base relationship, to having the love for mankind, then we would notice when jotful (example) is acting different, or saying something off. We need to get off the cell phones, take off the headphones, and start looking folks in the face, smiling and striking up small talk. I worked in a hospital for 23 years, before taking off a while for health reasons. We had all kinds of 6 and 4 week training from everything you could think of, to make the hospital a pleasant, safe, better servicing place to come. I set in those classes and watch the the, I could care less ways of these folks. When I would ask them, why, most said, it's not my job or some lain brain excuse. Some of the supers acted the same way. If it's not taken to heart, all the training wouldn't help a fly. It's the people that work together from day to day, that holds some of the first hand knowledge, that can be passed on to a supervisor (I hope) who maybe able to touch base with a health care personnel (I would hope) to help someone fight depression etc. Folks now a days would rather listen to gossip or start rumors about the change in a hurting person, than to truly try to get so help for them. This isn't always the case, but it's one of the many....In Christ, jot :rolleyes: