IGNORED

If Baptism is required for salvation

kross

No.

It's symbolic of the reality of being immersed in the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit but the substance is what saves you, not they symbolism.

next question?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357
That is not what the Bible says. Baptism in water is NOT baptism into Christ. You are baptized into Christ by Holy Spirit the minute you receive Christ as Lord and Savior. Baptism into Christ is work of the Holy Spirit and is not part of water immersion.

But even your preferred scholar, A.T. Robertson recognized that the baptism presented in Romans 6 was

Guest shiloh357
To misunderstand that the baptism spoken of in Romans 6 is not a reference to water baptism is to misunderstand much.

Paul has drawn a picture of what baptism is like. In Romans 6:4 he tells us that baptism is like death, burial and resurrection. (See also Col. 2:12). The very symbolism of baptism demands going down into and rising from the water.

Yep

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

So water baptism is illustrated biblically by full immersion.

It is a command from Jesus, so we should do it.

It testifies of what G-d has accomplished in us through salvation.

Is there any thing further we can add to complicate this elementary doctrine. :rolleyes:

Guest shiloh357
So water baptism is illustrated biblically by full immersion.

It is a command from Jesus, so we should do it.

It testifies of what G-d has accomplished in us through salvation.

Is there any thing further we can add to complicate this elementary doctrine. :rolleyes:

Sure, some people claim it is necessary for salvation. If you fail to get baptized before you die, you will go to hell. If you get accept Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, but die in a car accident on the way to baptistry, well too bad for you, chump.

That's how they take a beautiful picture/symbol and turn it into a theological trainwreck.

• Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

Blessings,

search the scriptures for the truth

The Truth:

John 3 :16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. :rolleyes:

and nothing but the truth:

Ephesians 2: 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

Blessings,

search the scriptures for the truth

The Truth:

John 3 :16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. 17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. :rolleyes:

and nothing but the truth:

Ephesians 2: 8For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Rebekah David

And so your references are the truth sister - no one disagrees but the Bible does not contradict itself

Blessings,

baptism of the Holy Spirit is the work of God which comes with believing and not of man- water baptism is a work of man. where in scripture does it say that one must be water baptised to be saved? please give me book chapter and verse. thanks

Rebekah David

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned..... I thought all that was required was to believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord? Then, didn't Jesus tell the person who was crucified next to him that he would see paradise? That man wasn't baptized.

Again, forgive me if those points have been mentioned. And, forgive me if I have a simple view but all this to be baptized or not seems to just complicate believing. It would seem to suggest that "simply believing" is not enough.

:rolleyes::noidea::huh::emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  06/24/1968

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned..... I thought all that was required was to believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord? Then, didn't Jesus tell the person who was crucified next to him that he would see paradise? That man wasn't baptized.

It has been covered before but I would be happy to address it again. First - we do not know it the theif was baptized or not - John the Baptizer baptized many in the Jordan but it is a moot point. The thief lived and died under the Old Covenant. He died before Jesus gave the command to be baptized calling on the name of the Lord.

Again, forgive me if those points have been mentioned. And, forgive me if I have a simple view but all this to be baptized or not seems to just complicate believing. It would seem to suggest that "simply believing" is not enough.

The demons believe. One must "become obedient from the heart to that form of teaching whereunto ye were delivered" and then he/she will be made free from sin and become the "servants of righteousness". Baptism is from God - it does not complicate belief at all it compliments belief as a pledge to God of a good conscious (1Pet. 3:21)

Ac 11:16 "Then I remembered the word of the Lord, how He said,