IGNORED

Revelation

angels4u

I just wanted to remind everyone that II Thess teaches us the antichrist will be revealed in the temple blaspheming the name of G-d prior to our gathering to the L-rd.  There was a saying when I was growing up that I think applies to everyone,particularly to pre-tribbers, "Pray for pre, prepare for post."  My prayer is that none of you will be fooled when the tribulation starts and make wrong decisions simply because you are not prepared.  Peace to you all, and G-d bless you in your search of the scriptures.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I'm thinking you are correct Xman. The rapture could take place at the time the Anti-christ takes up residence in the temple which would put it half way through the Tribulation. Although I know nothing for sure but have faith that what ever happens God will take care of me. Either here or there. I'm ready when ever the Lord is. Come Lord Jesus.

Love in Christ

Teri

ps In a way I hope we do get to stay for part or all. It would be an excellant opportunity to point out the reality of Christ to those who are lost.

Amen Teri.  It is always exciting when one finally sees the truth, but I believe it will be even more disheartening when one will deny the truth and accept the "mark".  Above all, we must be deligent and faithful in our relationship with G-d.  I agree with the pantribbers we have on this board, however it pans out I will trust in the L-rd.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  11
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

The Book of Revelation is the Prophecy Central of the Bible and as such it contains both history (prophecy fulfilled), and things prophesied to come.

I beg to differ on the issue of the rapture not being referred to in the Book of Revelation.  Chapters 2 and 3 refer to the seven churches in Asia which were both literal churches during the apostle John's day and yet, they were also figures or types of the Church down through history and currently here on earth. However, chapter 4:1, begins with a door being "opened" in heaven, and a voice "as a trumpet" saying "Come up hither and I will show you things which must be hereafter".  After that, you no longer see the church mentioned except where we are in heaven.  To me that is exciting!

• 2 weeks later...

Before I say what I believe I just want to say I believe what I believe after much studying and this isn't just something that has popped into my head.

I.  I believe Revelation is a book of symbols

a. Rev. 1:1 ...and SIGNIFIED it... look in the dictionary - signified means put into symbols.  So I believe that whether or not those things have already happened, or will happen, or perhaps both, it isn't literal - it all symbolizes something.  

II.  This one will make a few ppl mad - I think it was symbolic of the Roman persecution of the church.  There are so many things that are parallel with it and Revelation.  I'm not dogmatic about this, however, because I, like all of you, am just a human and I make mistakes.  I will keep this in mind, however - Revelation MIGHT be a double prophecy with double fulfillment, like many prophecies in the Old Testament.

III.  At the beginning, it also says that these things will shortly come to pass.  I know someone will whip out the scripture about the thousand years as a day thing and here is my answer - Was God deceiving his people when he gave this Revelation to John?  I would say that would be downright deceptive and confusing if God told John to tell the people that these things were going to happen shortly, but then for Him to have in the back of His mind that He REALLY meant a long time.  Besides, that scripture had nothing to do with Revelation.  Peter was just proving the point that there is no time with God.

I think we can all agree that the theme of Revelation is how God's people are persecuted, but they always overcome because God is on their side.  The theme is that of complete victory!  The scholars all say that the main purpose of this book was to encourage the Christians in thei time of trouble.  No one here can deny that Revelation does a fine job of doing that.  God be praised that He will deliver us from all of our persecutors.

What?  Sorry, never been asked that before.  But if this is what you're asking - I believe the things talked about in Revelation have already happened.

When the Roman empire was crushed.  Don't you think it's ironic that the very thing Rome was persecuting (Christianity) was the very thing that ended up crushing them.  Yes, I do believe God was behind the fall of the Roman empire.