• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Whether yu want to believe it is pre or post tribulation is another matter. Thats a whole different argument. Rapture is not taught by John Nelson Darby, it is taught by Paul in 1Thes4:17.

The premillenial scheme of eschatology was developed by John Nelson Darby who taught it to two very influential men,Cyrus Scofield and Dwight Moody. An inappropriate appeal to authority doesn't change the facts.

One does not have to believe in premillennial eschatology to believe in the rapture. I am making the point that the concept of a rapture did not come from John Nelson Darby, it came from Paul in 1thes 4:17. some one can believe in a post- tribulational premillennial rapture. I am ok with that as long as they believe in a rapture where believers can look forward to the resurrection.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  324
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/16/1964

Whether yu want to believe it is pre or post tribulation is another matter. Thats a whole different argument. Rapture is not taught by John Nelson Darby, it is taught by Paul in 1Thes4:17.

The premillenial scheme of eschatology was developed by John Nelson Darby who taught it to two very influential men,Cyrus Scofield and Dwight Moody. An inappropriate appeal to authority doesn't change the facts.

One does not have to believe in premillennial eschatology to believe in the rapture. I am making the point that the concept of a rapture did not come from John Nelson Darby, it came from Paul in 1thes 4:17. some one can believe in a post- tribulational premillennial rapture. I am ok with that as long as they believe in a rapture where believers can look forward to the resurrection.

You should have made that plain from the first. Say what you mean and quit dithering around.

have a nice day and blessings

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  830
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Don't worry about people accusing you of "dithering around", givennewname. Stick around and you'll eventually get to identify each leopard by its own pecuilar spots :cool: "All Scripture is God-breathed, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,"

(2Ti 3:16). That includes the Old Testament prophetic books:

"For prophecy was not borne at any time by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke being borne along by the Holy Spirit." (2Pe 1:21).

"God, who at many times and in many ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds," (Heb 1:1-2).

The prophets still speak today, equally as much as the apostles who wrote the things quoted above still speak today.

Lekh

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Givenanewname

A friend of mine always says:

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still"

Some posters will stick to their interpretation of the Bible no matter what.

lekh l'kha said it well:-

Stick around and you'll eventually get to identify each leopard by its own pecuilar spots.

I never studied various past theologians Biblical interpretations as they are only men and could have got it wrong.

Unforutnately I had to look up Calvin one time as I got into some argument over predestination. I tried to just share what I was learning on this through my own quiet time. Actually it was in a Church Bible study this happened. That is when I first realised some people are so hell bent on getting you to see it their way they will do very nasty things to you socially (this person had some weight in the church I used to attend). Pretty nuts she was because I didn't think Calvin had it totally right.

I have learned to get to know each leopards spots and deal with people accordingly from now on. Otherwise you just lock horns and nobody really comes out of it unscathed.

Nice to meet you. Hope to see you around.

MelC

Edited by MelodyCat

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Blessings, MelodyCat

A friend of mine always says:

"A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still"

Some posters will stick to their interpretation of the Bible no matter what.

Wise saying, I would say. Best to let the Holy Spirit based upon God's Word

change your mind.

Nikki