IGNORED

the radio preacher said...

Guest PreachIt

Guest PreachIt

He is talking about Jesus' temptation in the wilderness,

and how He used scripture to fight off the temptations,

so far, so good,

then he said he thought that surely Jesus had 'memorized' scripture, and knew which verses to use to ward off the Devil...

bang.gif

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Yes, you guessed it, the radio preacher's first name is 'DOCTOR'.

icon_lol.gif

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

Greetings PreachIt,

I can understand where you are coming from, but this verse comes to mind:

Luke 2:40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Even as Solomon, who acquired his "wisdom" over many years, Jesus was brought up "learning" the scriptures. I have no doubt that "memorizing" the Word came extremely easy for Him, since His eternal self IS the Word, but I gather the point of the preacher was to demonstrate that WE TOO must "memorize" the scriptures, so that when we are "tempted", we too can defeat his purposes by quoting the scriptures to him.

Do you suppose?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

Finally Dad erine u r rite hehe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Greetings PreachIt,

I can understand where you are coming from, but this verse comes to mind:

Luke 2:40 And the child grew, and waxed strong in spirit, filled with wisdom: and the grace of God was upon him.

Even as Solomon, who acquired his "wisdom" over many years, Jesus was brought up "learning" the scriptures. I have no doubt that "memorizing" the Word came extremely easy for Him, since His eternal self IS the Word, but I gather the point of the preacher was to demonstrate that WE TOO must "memorize" the scriptures, so that when we are "tempted", we too can defeat his purposes by quoting the scriptures to him.

Do you suppose?

Blessings,

Dad Ernie

Thats the same scripture that came to my mind when I was reading this post.

People for get that Jesus was also human and that he walked this earth as a mere human and lived and learned like a human and also suffered like a human. So that he could be a true living example of for us to follow after.

So after saying all that, Jesus had to learn the scriptures just as we have to learn the scriptures.

Even though he is the Son of God he was also the Son of Man. He humbled himself as a man and not as a God.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I guess for those like myself who believe that Jesus is the son of God this makes sense. But for those who believe Jesus is God it would make no sense.

Guest PreachIt

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And whilst the Word that was God walked the earth, He was also in Heaven,

Joh 3:13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

even as He spoke those words.

He NEVER was not the Word that was God.

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

And whilst the Word that was God walked the earth, He was also in Heaven,

Joh 3:13  And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

even as He spoke those words.

He NEVER was not the Word that was God.

People use this verse all the time as "proof" that jesus and God are the same. I dont see how it supports that argument in the least. Jesus is supreme and we worship Him as God yet He is the son of God. I think the Bible is VERY clear that they are one in spirit (perfect agreement) yet seperate beings.

This is OFF topic...sorry!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Hi Jamie:

Historic Christianity, from its earliest times has ALWAYS believed that Jesus was BOTH!

The Son of God, and God, the Son.

Guest PreachIt

here ya go jamie

1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Pro 30:6 Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.

John 20:17, "Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God." Here Jesus clearly states that there is distinction between him and God.

Also Matthew 27:46 "And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Here Jesus Christ cries in loud voice calling his God.