• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  20
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/14/1989

Hello all,

I need some advice. I've been born-again for awhile, which my parents think is nonsense. I'm 15 by the way. I want to go to a good evangelical Scripture preaching church, but they don't want me to be among what they call "holy rollers". What should I do?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

have you tried telling them that it's important to you to go to church? Are they Christians? Do they have any religious affiliation? Are they believers? I will keep you in my prayers. Peace and blessings.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Welcome tylerco113x :il:

Your parents are your parents. You are still under their authority and will be until you come of age. I understand your want to go to church, to be with other Christians, to have fellowship.

May i suggest in this time (before you come of age) that you get into the Word Of God your bible. Take this time to get to know all the guidance of our Messiah Jesus. While you cannot go to a church for fellowship you can still come here for contact with your brothers and Sisters in Jesus and we do have a well monitored chat room attached to this site. :D

So there is a way to be obedient to your parents and to have fellowship with people of faith. :laugh: And this time for you can be productive in searching the scriptures. Of course your parents restriction does not stop you caring and loving others in the way Jesus has told us. :il:

Bless you tylerco113x :hug:

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

What sort of church might they be comfortable with?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I have a friend who gave her life to Jesus. She wanted to go to this one charasmatic church with a great youth group. But her mother is a sincere Catholic and insisted my friend only go to a Catholic Church (or don't go at all :x: ).

Suprisingly, she found a Catholic Church in the area where the members believe in and practiced the "charasmatic" things - which were important to her. This church has been a great blessing to her.

I hope that offers you hope that the Lord can open a way for your needs to be met while still obeying your parents.

:sweating:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  36

can you bring Church into your home?? can you call friends or that church you want to go and have fellow believers come over and have prayer meetings and study meetings etc.. it is possible, God will make a way! this may open the hearts of your parents as well to the Gospel of Christ. Always respect and obey your parents, still you must study and worship, do they have a group at school? if not start one! you can do this. Praise God he is good! :t: :oww:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Hello all,

I need some advice. I've been born-again for awhile, which my parents think is nonsense. I'm 15 by the way. I want to go to a good evangelical Scripture preaching church, but they don't want me to be among what they call "holy rollers". What should I do?

Pray that God will change their hearts, but in the mean time...obey them. Just remember God sees. He knows your situation and will provide for you in His time. One more thing, just because you can't attend church does not mean you are unable to worship God. You can worship Him in your room alone and it is just as acceptable and meaningful to Him. Think of Paul and Silas who were in jail, and they still worshipped God. Worship isn't limited to a physical location. If you are saved, then the Holy Spirit lives inside you. :laugh:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  06/08/1987

I used to go to church to study this religion and to get to know it so I could debate about it properly, and my parents did the same thing, and I am not even Christian @_@ But here is what I did...

I told them honestly, this is something I would like and need to do, I would also like to have your support and your respect in my wishes. I do not want to upset you by doing this but it is something I do believe that I need to do. And you should respect the religion I am in, no one said that you had to become what I am, although I will work on you about it, but atleast do not hold my from something that my heart needs.

Now I just worked on them and told them that I loved them no matter what they decided to do or not let me do...and later on they gave me support and actually started going with me...now they are Christians and we debate about that lol...but hey it worked out well for them I guess :rofl:

• 3 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  20
  • Birthday:  06/14/1989

UPDATE:

Hey y'all, if any of u want to read this post.

I'm now very active in my current Church (my parents allowed me to go)

I'm trying out for the worship team and I'm on the AV (Sound) Team for youth.

We have a retreat coming up, and I should be going.

Just in case if any of you were wondering

Thank you for your prayers, God heard them and helped me.

God Bless

Tyler