IGNORED

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit

~Shalhevet~

.... we can lose our salvation if we deliberately sin after God has entirely sanctified us....

.... I said that it is impossible for a believer to commit a sin that requires one to be in unbelief for them to commit the sin....

:thumbsup:

The Child Loves

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

His Daddy

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

You See

And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.

Then saith he to Thomas, reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.

And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. John 20:26-28

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day. Psalms 25:4-5

Love, Joe

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

In the context - this sin is telling Jesus to his face he has an unclean spirit - this sin cannot be committed today because you cannot face Jesus in person - simple as that - not for today.

God bless

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Here is what puzzles me. The only sin that will send a person to Hell is not believing in Jesus, correct?

So how does this fit?

In the context - this sin is telling Jesus to his face he has an unclean spirit - this sin cannot be committed today because you cannot face Jesus in person - simple as that - not for today.

God bless

You have much to learn.

Here is what puzzles me. The only sin that will send a person to Hell is not believing in Jesus, correct?

So how does this fit?

How does what fit?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

The unforgivable sin is the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

Yet, not believing in Jesus is what sends you to Hell.

So, how doe these two fit together?

Or can people go to Heaven with an unforgiven sin?

Guest shiloh357

So how does this fit?

It fits because blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is rooted in unbelief. The specific sin of blaspheming the Holy Spirit cannot be committed by anyone today due to the fact that the only context for it is the earthly ministry of Jesus. It cannot be commited by a Christians because it requires someone to first be in a state of unbelief.

The religious leaders knew who Jesus was. Their unbelief was purposed and intentional. They knew Jesus was operating by the power of the Holy Spirit and they hated Him all the more for it. So they attempted to slander Him by accusing Him of casting out demons by demonic power. They committed the worst possible slander of all. That is what blasphemy is. It is an attempt to injure God's reputation. Because the people who commit that sin are incapable of repentance, they cannot be forgiven. You cannot slander someone on accident. It is always a purposeful act and it is done in a state of purposeful unbelief.

They had already rejected Jesus. They were already going to hell.

Guest shiloh357

God bless

Exactly. It was only in the context of Jesus' earthly ministry that this sin was committed.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

God bless

Exactly. It was only in the context of Jesus' earthly ministry that this sin was committed.

Now I thought this statement would be challenged bro....but as it hasn't, I guess I had better throw in my 2cts :laugh:

Surely the Holy Spirit can be sinned against today in the same way that some Jewish people were evidently doing when attributing the works of G-d to the power of devils and calling the L-rd's ministry into question.

For example, say a person is preaching in Africa, and G-d is backing up the ministry with powerful signs and wonders...then some witch-doctor comes and curses the work, and tells the people the man is a devil, and is ministering falsehood in the name of Satan, and the power of Satan? We are told that the emphasis of the Blasphemy is on what is attributed to the Holy Spirit...all other sins even those against the Son of Man will all be forgiven...but it is this sin against the Holy Spirit that will not be forgiven....and therefore as He is active in the world today, surely it is still a distinct possibility?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

We have been forgiven all our sins, and we will not be punished for them, especially if we repent.

The only sin a believer can commit is unbelief (which leads to all other sin that a believer commits).

Heb 3:13 But exhort one another every day, as long as it is called "today," that none of you may be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Heb 3:14 For we have come to share in Christ, if indeed we hold our original confidence firm to the end.

Heb 3:15 As it is said, "Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."

Heb 3:16 For who were those who heard and yet rebelled? Was it not all those who left Egypt led by Moses?

Heb 3:17 And with whom was he provoked for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the wilderness?

Heb 3:18 And to whom did he swear that they would not enter his rest, but to those who were disobedient?

Heb 3:19 So we see that they were unable to enter because of unbelief.

This is what Grace is all about. We live under Grace, and God has "taken His hands off', in a manner of speaking.....

We sin because of our unbelief, not in Jesus, but in our unbelief that He will not forgive us our sins, will not answer our prayers, that we cannot preform miracles, heal the sick, etc.

Not believing the word of Jesus, not believing when He said:-

Mar 16:15 And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

Mar 16:16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

Mar 16:17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues;

Mar 16:18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."

The only sin of a believer is unbelief.....

If you get my drift