MorningGlory

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

That hopelessly biased and false report also doesn't mention the factors that cause the doctor shortage. In Canada new doctors get certified by other doctors, not the government. For years they kept demand high by only allowing so many people to become doctors each year. A few years ago a huge number of doctors retired and there simply were not enough to replace them. New medical schools are being opened but it will be a while before things are right again. Secondly, why on earth would the Prime Minister need to know what the result of the case was? The writer obviously thinks the Prime Minister is the same as an American president, which he is not. Health care is administered on the provincial level and not the federal level and the Prime Minister or the ruling party would not have much involvement. There are other little errors that show the writer is fudging his facts but if it serves a certain agenda I guess one or ten lies are okay for some people.

I wondered about the objectivity of the article so I rounded up another report. I find this excerpt especially interesting.

However, Zelt does concede that in Canada's system, where every Canadian citizen is covered, there are limited resources, shortages and often delays.

"In our health care system, we're looking at what we have to do to prioritize patients -- critically ill versus purely elective surgeries," Zelt said.

"I'm not going to say we don't have issues with timeliness for some things. It does happen. But again take the other side of the coin -- these patients have access. They're on somebody's waiting list if they have a problem, and I think the senator would need to look at that issue. Yes it may take time, but they will get seen."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/06/can...th.care.system/

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

The Government doesn't care what we want or what is best for America! We can whine all we want, but until we vote these jerks out of office, we are getting exactly what we (the majority anyway) deserve.

The Government doesn't care what we want or what is best for America! We can whine all we want, but until we vote these jerks out of office, we are getting exactly what we (the majority anyway) deserve.

No doubt of that but might it be too late by then? When we're stuck with a health care system run like the DMV? Anyone who thinks ANYTHING is free isn't being realistic. Someone has to pay for it, at some point. What happens when the government cuts back on funding ? This has already happened in Canada a few years ago. :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Canadian healthcare is not as wonderful as some would have us believe.

long waiting lists, trouble finding treatments, and so on.

While i am not completly opposed to a goverment provided healthcare, obama's plan is definatly BAD for america...

I agree canadian healthcare really isn't the answer for america.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

To Morning Glory...I am Canadian living in British Columbia Canada. :whistling:

That hopelessly biased and false report also doesn't mention the factors that cause the doctor shortage. In Canada new doctors get certified by other doctors, not the government. For years they kept demand high by only allowing so many people to become doctors each year. A few years ago a huge number of doctors retired and there simply were not enough to replace them. New medical schools are being opened but it will be a while before things are right again. Secondly, why on earth would the Prime Minister need to know what the result of the case was? The writer obviously thinks the Prime Minister is the same as an American president, which he is not. Health care is administered on the provincial level and not the federal level and the Prime Minister or the ruling party would not have much involvement. There are other little errors that show the writer is fudging his facts but if it serves a certain agenda I guess one or ten lies are okay for some people.

I wondered about the objectivity of the article so I rounded up another report. I find this excerpt especially interesting.

However, Zelt does concede that in Canada's system, where every Canadian citizen is covered, there are limited resources, shortages and often delays.

"In our health care system, we're looking at what we have to do to prioritize patients -- critically ill versus purely elective surgeries," Zelt said.

"I'm not going to say we don't have issues with timeliness for some things. It does happen. But again take the other side of the coin -- these patients have access. They're on somebody's waiting list if they have a problem, and I think the senator would need to look at that issue. Yes it may take time, but they will get seen."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/07/06/can...th.care.system/

Edit: What do you know, she lied about her condition to the media. She in fact had a totally non-life threatening condition called Rathke's cleft cyst.

And your source for that information?

The point is that, even if this woman lied, the overall system is not one the U.S. should adopt. Government control of everything isn't the American way.

No doubt of that but might it be too late by then? When we're stuck with a health care system run like the DMV? Anyone who thinks ANYTHING is free isn't being realistic. Someone has to pay for it, at some point. What happens when the government cuts back on funding ? This has already happened in Canada a few years ago. :rolleyes:

The law as it stands now will never make it out of the Supreme Court. That's why we have the opportunity to kick the bumbs out before they get the chance to write a "less worse" law than the one they are about to enact.

No doubt of that but might it be too late by then? When we're stuck with a health care system run like the DMV? Anyone who thinks ANYTHING is free isn't being realistic. Someone has to pay for it, at some point. What happens when the government cuts back on funding ? This has already happened in Canada a few years ago. :thumbsup:

The law as it stands now will never make it out of the Supreme Court. That's why we have the opportunity to kick the bumbs out before they get the chance to write a "less worse" law than the one they are about to enact.

But, in order to get to the Supreme Court, it has to be challenged. The people need experts in Constitutional law to handle that.

The States Attorneys are already getting ready to challenge certain sections of it. And you can bet that there will be a million lawsuits once the final bill is signed into law. They won't be able to collect a penny in taxes for years.

The States Attorneys are already getting ready to challenge certain sections of it. And you can bet that there will be a million lawsuits once the final bill is signed into law. They won't be able to collect a penny in taxes for years.

That's the American way....... :thumbsup: