IGNORED

still shunned by "friends"...feeling alone again

Guest MinisterTimothy
I know I've posted about this before and I here I am again. I'm very saddened by the loss of what I thought to be my "friends". Many of them were very close to me. They ignore my e-mails. They don't call or want to hang out with me anymore. And I know why. I'm one of "them" now. I've officially crossed the line...even with "christian" friends. They treat me like an alien so often that sometimes I begin to feel like one.

God help me.

Hi my name is Minister Timothy and Lord knows I can feel your pain. I became more envolved with the Lord in 2003 and by 2004 I was reading the Bible Several hours a day. I was in The Army and my ex wife and I were separated so I only saw her and my daughter on the weekends. Well in October 22, 2004 while on my way to work, I was struck head on by a car and I was on a motorcycle. I almost lost my right leg, fractured my hip and pelvis, broke my back and damaged the vertebrates in my neck. My ex Left me in the hospital, because an ex girlfriend found out about the accident and sent me flowers. My mother sent my drug addict brother to the hospital to stay with me he did a great job, but as soon as we were released he left me ona couch at my moms house alone. My mother and step father were alcoholics who spent more time drunk that caring for me, so I eventually moved back home after I could use my walker effectively. I thought they would stop by every now and then, they won a settlement and left the state. I was alone, no family members came, no friends, just me and the Lord.

For a while I assumed I was abandoned, until one day he said to me Tim stop crying non of them left you I moved them out of the way so that they would not hender you from walking down the path I had for you. No one spoke these word to me, it came directly to my heart and with that I wasn't alone anymore. I minister almost non stop, people call all the time from down the street to all different states. You are alone because It's time for you to be trained, and Jesus is the teacher.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/25/1963

When I became a Christian my friends also deserted me. It was hard until I realized I had a friend who sticks so close to me - Jesus. Once I realized this I resolved to treat Jesus as if He was walking right by me all day everyday - which He is. When I read the bible I would discuss it with Him, when I cooked a meal I talked to Him as if He was sitting at my kitchen table, when I went for a walk I started looking round for things to talk about to Him and started noticing the color of the leaves and majesty of the hills surrounding my small town. After some time I noticed that my feelings of loneliness left and I have never felt alone again. I noticed that I started to think of God and talk to Him at all times of the day. At first I felt weird doing this but now it is so natural to me I do it all the time and don't care what people think as I am talking to my Father and no one will ever stop me doing that again.

As for the friends who deserted me, well I just started showing them the love that Jesus showed me. If I bumped into them I always let them know I was genuinely pleased to see them, I turned up at their houses with baking and told them as we hadn't seen each other for a while I just thought I would drop by and say "hi". I showed them Jesus with my life seeing they wouldn't listen to what I was saying. Some responded and some didn't but it didn't matter to me as I still had the one true friend in Jesus.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  732
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/24/1969

I know I've posted about this before and I here I am again. I'm very saddened by the loss of what I thought to be my "friends". Many of them were very close to me. They ignore my e-mails. They don't call or want to hang out with me anymore. And I know why. I'm one of "them" now. I've officially crossed the line...even with "christian" friends. They treat me like an alien so often that sometimes I begin to feel like one.

God help me.

Hi my name is Minister Timothy and Lord knows I can feel your pain. I became more envolved with the Lord in 2003 and by 2004 I was reading the Bible Several hours a day. I was in The Army and my ex wife and I were separated so I only saw her and my daughter on the weekends. Well in October 22, 2004 while on my way to work, I was struck head on by a car and I was on a motorcycle. I almost lost my right leg, fractured my hip and pelvis, broke my back and damaged the vertebrates in my neck. My ex Left me in the hospital, because an ex girlfriend found out about the accident and sent me flowers. My mother sent my drug addict brother to the hospital to stay with me he did a great job, but as soon as we were released he left me ona couch at my moms house alone. My mother and step father were alcoholics who spent more time drunk that caring for me, so I eventually moved back home after I could use my walker effectively. I thought they would stop by every now and then, they won a settlement and left the state. I was alone, no family members came, no friends, just me and the Lord.

For a while I assumed I was abandoned, until one day he said to me Tim stop crying non of them left you I moved them out of the way so that they would not hender you from walking down the path I had for you. No one spoke these word to me, it came directly to my heart and with that I wasn't alone anymore. I minister almost non stop, people call all the time from down the street to all different states. You are alone because It's time for you to be trained, and Jesus is the teacher.

Wow, if only we were all receptive to hearing God's voice when He is trying to tell us something! That is an amazing story Minister Timothy! Thank you so much for sharing it.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/13/1964

Sometimes we need some "major surgery" in order to develop as God's children.

God doesn't play games when one of His children is in trouble.

I guess that your friends didn't leave you, they where surgical removed by the Mighty Surgeon of Souls!

You needed the Op in order to survive.

Hang in there.

Healing is on its way

Blessings

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

God help me.

Unfortunately, Or'el, you ARE an alien to them. If they are unbelievers, or CINOs, they can't talk to you about what's going on with them ('Wow, did I get wasted last night!' or 'I spent the weekend with that new guy I met at the bar.') They know you aren't in that gutter with them and you make them uncomfortable. I'm excluded from the drunken parties of those I know too.....I don't care; I wouldn't go anyway. If your friends won't even speak to you, it's not much of a loss. A friendship built on shared sin is of little value.

You have to make NEW friends; friends that share your values and faith. I mean, that's what friendship is about....the things people have in common. There ARE plenty of people who are true believers and want to live the way the Lord commands. You just have to go where they are. And live your life as an example to your former friends. Who knows? They may come around. :emot-handshake:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

God help me.

Amazing, Timothy! You truly went through the fire and emerged a better man. I am in awe of you and your faith. Oh, and welcome to Worthy! :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

God help me.

*HUG*

• Content Count:  6

If you are part of the body of Christ, you are never alone.

When Jesus was asked about Judas, he said "What is he to you? I have made you fishers of men." He doesn't want us to dwell on those who refuse to accept Him. There are plenty of other fish in the sea. Reach as many as you can in the time that is given to you. Remember that Jesus said the student is not greater than the master. If the world hated him, it will surely hate you as well. Keep your faith until the end and your reward shall be great.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  69
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  04/06/1961

God help me.

I am touched by what you said and can totally relate to it.

• 4 weeks later...

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  2
  • Birthday:  02/04/1952

God help me.

Well sweetheart I'm sure there's people in this big world that would love to have you as a friend But remember there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother and his name is Jesus Christ he will never leave you nor forsake you

he loves you unconditionally and so do I in Jesus Christ our lord and saviour