• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

God is triune (Trinity)/compound unity, not solitary (Jew, Islam, Unitarian). There is only one true God by nature/essence/substance, not 3 beings, not 3 gods. Father, Son, Holy Spirit are co-eternal, co-essential, co-equal. The heresy of modalism/Sabellianism would say the Father is the Son and have God praying to Himself (no). Saying they are two beings would be polytheism (Mormonism) and would also be wrong. Jesus is God in the flesh, one person with two natures. These truths resolve your concerns. Revelation>reason.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  334
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

While on the topic. Is it wrong to listen to music about only Jesus and not God? For instance, the chris tomlin song "Jesus messiah". Is that song bad because it doesn't praise Jesus, god and the spirit? Make sense?

• Topic Count:  346
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Jesus had POWER of God to do anything HE wanted but He never used it..

Instead He prayed as a Man to set an example for us and He received help from the Father to carry out the Will of His Father in Heaven, YHWY. So that's why Jesus was 100% Man while He is 100% God.

He did all things so that in His own words....

Matthew 3:15

Jesus replied,

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Jesus was 100% man as well as 100% God while on Earth. He never lost or gave up His divinity, He chose to set it aside while here on Earth. That is why He prayed to the Father. As an aside, every time that Christ knew what people were thinking or that the Scribes and Pharisees were trying to trick Him was because the Holy Spirit told Him, not because of His divine nature (knowledge). That is also the secret to living a sinless life as Christ was able; listening to and obeying the leading of the Holy Spirit and knowing what the Holy Scriptures say in order to obey the Law. Of course, we all know that as humans we are unable to do it because of our sinful nature, which Christ did not have.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

While on the topic. Is it wrong to listen to music about only Jesus and not God? For instance, the chris tomlin song "Jesus messiah". Is that song bad because it doesn't praise Jesus, god and the spirit? Make sense?

i listen to Metallica, PortisHead, Skinny Puppy, old Rage Against the Machine.etc

it's not a sin to listen to various music.

• Topic Count:  334
  • Content Count:  2,049
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  4

i listen to Metallica, PortisHead, Skinny Puppy, old Rage Against the Machine.etc

it's not a sin to listen to various music.

That's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if it's wrong to just praise Jesus and not the godhead.

Guest shiloh357
Jesus was trying to provide righteous model for us to follow. Jesus did not need to be baptized, but did it any way. Jesus dealt with temptation in the wilderness in the manner he did in order to show us how to do it.

And no, Jesus would not be praying to Himself. Jesus is a separate person from the Father. The Son is praying to His Father, so He is not praying to Himself.

With all respect and honor to Jesus, I ask my next question. If He were being a righteous model for us to follow, why did He then say on the cross "Father, why have you forsaken me?"

Did Jesus not become God until after the resurrection?

As has been expertly pointed out, Jesus was always God. Jesus was 100% man and 100% God while on earth. When Jesus said Father why have you forsaken me, Jesus did not cease being God. Jesus was expressing the grief and sorrow that it caused Him to bear our sin on the cross. When Jesus was on the cross, His Father poured out all of His judgment and wrath against sin on to Jesus.

Jesus prayed as a man. Jesus walked as both God and man at the same time. Sometimes we see Him acting as God when He raises the dead and absolves people of sin. We see Jesus acting as a man when He prays, battles temptation, and is baptized. It is Jesus' walk and life as a man we are called to emulate. We cannot emulate Jesus' Divinity.

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,272
  • Content Per Day:  4.88
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Everything gets to the Father through the Son. No one gets to the Father but through the Son. We pray to the father in the name of Jesus.

Guest shiloh357

Remember, Jesus IS God. Jesus is not separate from God. It is not wrong to praise and worship Jesus.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Gotcha. Thanks. :tongue_smile:

It's what I'm here for.

Hi-yo Silver! Awaaaaaaaaaay! :horse:

Good answers but...you need a new horse. :P