jamie

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

"If someone tells you that they are a prophet...you can dismiss them immediately."

This statement is not correct. You assume pride in the job description, so that if a prophet acknowledges the truth instantly they are to be dismissed? If someone claims to be a plumber, is this correct? What if they claim to be a pastor?

Yes, I have known people that claimed they were this or that and they were a spiritual sour note, I could easily tell that they were functionally disfunctional.

The true ones that I have met are humble, they would not go around declaring themselves to be a prophet, but if demanded, they would not deny what the Lord called them to be and to do. They might, however, just ignore a scathing attitude, refusing to dignify an unwarranted attack with a response.

We need the ministry of the prophets, they take authority over sin in fellow Christian ministers, and bring cleansing to the body.

Let me tell you of an experience that I had. I was at a church of about 400 and the pastor had founded this church and pastored for 19 years, very highly regarded (I personally thought a great deal of this man myself).

A young unknown prophet spoke on a Thursday and said that "...the Lord would remove him and that the congregation would not have to suffer him." No one knew of any sin that the pastor was doing, including the young unknown prophet. Everyone knew it was the Lord speaking, and the pastor also acknowledged that it was the Lord.

Two days later, 3 deacons and their wives were driving in a major city (they were going out to eat together) and they saw the pastor's pickup parked in front of a homosexual bar, and walking in they found him dancing with a man. The next morning (Sunday) the pastor resigned from the church that he founded and pastored for 19 years, 3 days after the prophecy.

Now everyone avoided that same ex-pastor.

Except the young prophet, he went to the ex-pastor daily for months encouraging him to live for God, repent, and forgive others. He befriended him and worked to restore his brother.

No one will tell me he was not a prophet, but he never said that he was a prophet, that's what God said of him through others.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I agree AnotherTraveler, One of the characteristics of a prophet is a humble spirit and an ability to feel the heart of God. A true prophet has a hard call on their life, they have to be an eagle and fly solo becuase they can please only God.

Even the prophets in the bible came up with an excuse when God called them.

It's a hard walk to walk.

"If someone tells you that they are a prophet...you can dismiss them immediately."

This statement is not correct. You assume pride in the job description, so that if a prophet acknowledges the truth instantly they are to be dismissed? If someone claims to be a plumber, is this correct? What if they claim to be a pastor?

That statement is absolutely true. Being a plumber or even a pastor is an aquired skill that "virtually" anyone could do. Prophecy is representing the Lord to the people. No school can teach you that.

No one will tell me he was not a prophet, but he never said that he was a prophet, that's what God said of him through others

this is exactly what I'm talking about. You proved the point for me!

let the fire of God consume you, and come forth bearing words that will SHAKE THE CHURCH. Nothing less will do. A tepid and insipid Prophetic? -AWAY WITH IT FOREVER!!

Replying to THE PROPHETIC MOVEMENT FAILING GOD??

No one and no thing is failing GOD. If it could HE wouldn't be GOD.

NOW HEAR THIS

GOD is alive and well and everything is on schedule.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug:

Being a plumber or even a pastor is an aquired skill that "virtually" anyone could do.

If pastor is an aquired skill, then the call of God is no longer necessary, but my bible says nothing that supports your general statement, nor this reduction of pastor to an aquired skill. These are NOT biblical truths, but rather a tragic lack of understanding of the value and importance of the call of God.

No one and no thing is failing GOD. If it could HE wouldn't be GOD.

NOW HEAR THIS

This is confused mumbo jumbo. If someone or something fails, then God is not God? :t2::t2:;)

What is the chapter and verse for this jewel? ;)

Being a plumber or even a pastor is an aquired skill that "virtually" anyone could do.

If pastor is an aquired skill, then the call of God is no longer necessary, but my bible says nothing that supports your general statement, nor this reduction of pastor to an aquired skill. These are NOT biblical truths, but rather a tragic lack of understanding of the value and importance of the call of God.

and you tragically don't understand what I'm saying.

There are legitimate schools for pastors called "seminary" which will help someone who is pastorally inclined to hone their skills.

During Temple times there was an apprenticeship program for priests. They were trained in the work of the priesthood.

Not so for Prophets. They either spoke by the Spirit of God or they didn't...

Why do you want to argue this when it's so clear?

Guest shadow2b
-No one and no thing is failing GOD. If it could HE wouldn't be GOD.

NOW HEAR THIS

-That is SOoooo---SILLY----There are PEOPLE---BISHOPS--EX-Pastors--EX-Preachers--ect.ect.ect.--THAT have Turned their Backs on the obvious "CALL-of GOD" on their Lives for certain ministry Positions--OR that were IN MINISTRY POSITIONS-- & WALKED AWAY------OR there are UNcalled---UNsent people in Ministry-Positions that Should Not be there at all---I.E. the "Recent"appointment of a Practicing homosexual to the "Office"of Bishop in a major Demonination----So there are "People-Failing-GOD"---- :t2::t2:

LJFlag_ABig.gif

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

NOW HEAR THIS

-That is SOoooo---SILLY----There are PEOPLE---BISHOPS--EX-Pastors--EX-Preachers--ect.ect.ect.--THAT have Turned their Backs on the obvious "CALL-of GOD" on their Lives for certain ministry Positions--OR that were IN MINISTRY POSITIONS-- & WALKED AWAY------OR there are UNcalled---UNsent people in Ministry-Positions that Should Not be there at all---I.E. the "Recent"appointment of a Practicing homosexual to the "Office"of Bishop in a major Demonination----So there are "People-Failing-GOD"---- :t2::t2:

LJFlag_ABig.gif

Thank you Gary,you saved me the time. ;)

Guest shadow2b

NOW HEAR THIS

LJFlag_ABig.gif

Thank you Gary,you saved me the time. ;)

-awwwwww--shuckins-blush2.gifblush2.gifblush2.gifblush2.gifblush2.gif-Twernt nuthin aTall fer a Brother. ;):t2: :hug: :hug: :t2::P