For cryin out loud! Another yod fan. :laugh::laugh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Even Balaam prophecied...not to mention his donkey!

Yea, but the donkey would have died if Balaam had a sword available. :blues:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  340
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Fried donkey, anyone? :laugh:

Why would we look diligently lest any man fail the grace of God if it is not possible?

I did not say you could not fail and fall short. If you do fail. you have failed yourself and those around you. You have not failed GOD because you were never meant to succeed from the foundation of the world. GOD has given to those who have. No one has anything that GOD has not given. success and failure comes by the LORD alone. Many are called but few are chosen.

In CHRIST JESUS :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

When CHRIST began HIS ministry. HE went out and chose his twelve apostles. Was judas's betrayal and denial any worse than peters. No it wasn't. CHRIST chose to reject and destroy judas as he also chose to finish peters salvation.

Romans 9:14-24

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? Certainly not!

15 For He says to Moses, "I will have mercy on whomever I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whomever I will have compassion."

16 So then it is not of him who wills, nor of him who runs, but of God who shows mercy.

17 For the Scripture says to Pharaoh, "For this very purpose I have raised you up, that I may show My power in you, and that My name may be declared in all the earth."

18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

19 You will say to me then, "Why does He still find fault? For who has resisted His will?"

20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"

21 Does not the potter have power over the clay, from the same lump to make one vessel for honor and another for dishonor?

22 What if God, wanting to show His wrath and to make His power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,

23 and that He might make known the riches of His glory on the vessels of mercy, which He had prepared beforehand for glory,

24 even us whom He called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

CHRIST chose to reject and destroy judas as he also chose to finish peters salvation.

:suspect:

Was judas's betrayal and denial any worse than peters.

Well, let's see, Peter 3 times denied knowing Jesus, and Judas sold Jesus for cash to be murdered, hmmm, sure, zactly the same. :laugh:

18 Therefore He has mercy on whom He wills, and whom He wills He hardens.

This is true, but it does not address God's motive, or the reason, if you will, as to why God chooses that way. He is not an arbitrary, heartless God destroying on a whim, just because He decides who gets mercy and who doesn't.

This is true, but it does not address God's motive, or the reason, if you will, as to why God chooses that way. He is not an arbitrary, heartless God destroying on a whim, just because He decides who gets mercy and who doesn't.

You didn't read to understand the rest of that scripture. So what is the difference of selling CHRIST out for money or acceptance by man? Or fear of man or?

The question

but it does not address God's motive, or the reason, if you will, as to why God chooses that way.

The answer.

20 But indeed, O man, who are you to reply against God? Will the thing formed say to him who formed it, "Why have you made me like this?"

You can think what you will and respond with whatever motivation HE has given you. But the fact remains that if HE raised you up for the purpose of HIS wrath You won't be able to understand or comeout of it.

(Psa 18:24 KJV) Therefore hath the LORD recompensed me according to my righteousness, according to the cleanness of my hands in his eyesight.

(Psa 18:25 KJV) With the merciful thou wilt show thyself merciful; with an upright man thou wilt show thyself upright;

(Psa 18:26 KJV) With the pure thou wilt show thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt show thyself froward.

Notice the proportional response God gives, it is very important to understanding His ways, notice the "according to" twice in verse 24.

(Mat 5:7 KJV) Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.

(Heb 2:17 KJV) Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

There is a dangerous doctrine in our day that teaches that God will not respond to sin once you are saved, and that is not true. There is another dangerous doctrine that makes eveything God's fault, God has no faults, and when judgment is exercised by the Lord, there are reasons why judgment falls this way or that way.

It is true that no one can come to God except the Father draws him, but read Revelations, as the Spirit and the bride say come, this is for who so ever wills.

Man's will, man's choice, makes a great difference as to how this all plays out.

(2 Pet 3:16 KJV) As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

(2 Pet 3:17 KJV) Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

(2 Pet 3:18 KJV) But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Edited by AnotherTraveler

You didn't read to understand the rest of that scripture. So what is the difference of selling CHRIST out for money or acceptance by man? Or fear of man or?

What is the difference between a few moments of denial in fear and cold blooded plotting to sell a person to be killed? You don't know the difference?

If your neighbor slandered you by saying that you were rude, is that the same as the other neighbor that has you kidnapped and killed for money?

In Jesus day, as well as our own, people get proportional punishment for the kind of offense, and while both are sin, one is unto death.

(1 John 5:16 KJV) If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

(1 John 5:17 KJV) All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Jesus taught proportional punishment.

(Luke 12:46 KJV) The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.

(Luke 12:47 KJV) And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.

(Luke 12:48 KJV) But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.