IGNORED

Godhead

BlindSeeker

Guest shiloh357
What you fail to see is that your disagreement actually touches on God's nature, which is why your view, in denying the essential nature of God (omniscience, omnipresence) places your view under the category of heresy. Futher, you introduce and apply concepts to God that are not scriptural. You claim that God has a body, but the Bible makes no such claim. Rather, the Bible uses the human body to illustrate God's nature and characteristics.

And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

(Genesis 1:26)

God's Word is different than what your words are...for God's truth is in His Word...

None of that indicates that God has a body, and it does not necessarily refer to any physical likeness. Nowhere does the Bible say that man's body resembles God.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/16/1951

What you fail to see is that your disagreement actually touches on God's nature, which is why your view, in denying the essential nature of God (omniscience, omnipresence) places your view under the category of heresy. Futher, you introduce and apply concepts to God that are not scriptural. You claim that God has a body, but the Bible makes no such claim. Rather, the Bible uses the human body to illustrate God's nature and characteristics.

And God said, let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

God's Word is different than what your words are...for God's truth is in His Word...

None of that indicates that God has a body, and it does not necessarily refer to any physical likeness. Nowhere does the Bible say that man's body resembles God.

And I looked, and there was none to help; and I wondered that there was none to uphold: therefore mine own arm brought salvation unto me; and my fury, it upheld me.

(Isaiah 63:5)

Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

(The Acts 4:10)

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

(The Acts 4:11)

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

(The Acts 4:12)

This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

(The Acts 4:11)

The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner.

(Psalms 118:22)

Therefore thus sayeth the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste.

(Isaiah 28:16)

Behold, the Lord GOD will come with strong hand, and his arm shall rule for him: behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him.

(Isaiah 40:10)

He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

(Isaiah 40:11)

Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

(Isaiah 48:13)

That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?

(St. John 12:38)

The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation of our God.

(Isaiah 52:10)

My righteousness is near; my salvation is gone forth, and mine arms shall judge the people; the isles shall wait upon me, and on mine arm shall they trust.

(Isaiah 51:5)

And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

(St. Matthew 19:28)

For whether is greater, he that, sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

(St. Luke 22:27)

Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.

(St. Luke 22:28)

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me:

(St. Luke 22:29)

That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

(St. Luke 22:30)

And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands: and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

(Revelation 20:4)

Behold my servant, whom I have chosen: my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgement to the Gentiles.

(St. Matthew 12:18)

And have given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

(St. John 5:27)

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice.

(St. John 5:28)

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

(St. John 5:29)

I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

(St. John 5:30)

And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.

(St. Matthew 12:21)

Behold my servant, whom I have chosen: my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgement to the Gentiles.

(St. Matthew 12:18)

And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him.

(St. Matthew 4:16)

And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

(St. Matthew 4:17)

BEHOLD my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

(Isaiah 42:1)

Behold my servant shall deal prudently, he shall be exalted and extolled, and be very high.

(Isaiah 52:13)

As many were astonied at thee; his visage was so marred more than any man, and his form more than the sons of men;

(Isaiah 52:14)

(A footnote states: The literal rendering is terrible: So marred from the form of man was His aspect that His appearance was not that of a son of man--- i.e. not human---the effect of the brutalities described in Mt. 26.67,68; 27.27-30; Psalms 22)

WHO hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed?

(Isaiah 53:1) (Read Isaiah 53:All; Psalms 22:All)

This is only a part of God's Word, for God's truth is all of God's Word,

Love, Brother David

Edited by BrotherDavid

Guest shiloh357

Love, Brother David

You can pepper me with Scripture all day long, but that doesn't really address the issue at hand. Most of those passages have nothing to do with what we are discussing.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  22
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/16/1951

Love, Brother David

You can pepper me with Scripture all day long, but that doesn't really address the issue at hand. Most of those passages have nothing to do with what we are discussing.

They may not to you, but maybe to other than you they do...

Yes, body is not used in God's Word, thanks for bringing that to light, God's Word states "image",

Webster's New World Dictionary defines image as:

A representatyion of a person or thing; esp., a statue 2) the visual impression of something in a mirror, through a lens, etc. 3) a copy 4)a) a mental picture; idea b) the concept of a person, product, etc. held by the general public 5) a metaphor or simile

Metaphor- A figure of speech in which one thing is spoken of as if it were another.

Simile- A figure of speech likening one thing to another by the use of like, as, etc.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

(I John 4:7)

Love, Brother David

Guest shiloh357
Well then you need to actually argue that instead of just listing a bunch of Scriptures. Most them don't even address this issue, unless you can show me the connection.

Yes, body is not used in God's Word, thanks for bringing that to light, God's Word states "image",

Webster is irrelevant. What is relevant is how the word image is used in the Bible. You are implying that it references God's appearance, as if God looks like a human, and there is no warrant for that. God cannot be captured in an image, and that is why He did not appear in an image on top of Mt. Sinai. In fact, that is why the children of Israel were explicitly told not to make an image of a man or woman, bird, animal or fish and call it, "God."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Well then you need to actually argue that instead of just listing a bunch of Scriptures. Most them don't even address this issue, unless you can show me the connection.

Webster is irrelevant. What is relevant is how the word image is used in the Bible. You are implying that it references God's appearance, as if God looks like a human, and there is no warrant for that. God cannot be captured in an image, and that is why He did not appear in an image on top of Mt. Sinai. In fact, that is why the children of Israel were explicitly told not to make an image of a man or woman, bird, animal or fish and call it, "God."

I agree that none of the verses provided dealt with the issue at hand

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

God has a body as the Scriptures plainly teach.

Jacob wrestled with God,

"And Jacob was left alone; and there wrestled a man with him until the breaking of the day. And when he saw that he prevailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh; and the hollow of Jacob's thigh was out of joint, as he wrestled with him. And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me. And he said unto him, What is thy name? And he said, Jacob. And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. And Jacob asked him, and said, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name. And he said, Wherefore is it that thou dost ask after my name? And he blessed him there. And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. (Gen 32:24:30).

Moses and seventy four elders saw God and and ate with God,

"And he said unto Moses, Come up unto the LORD, thou, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel; and worship ye afar off. And Moses alone shall come near the LORD: but they shall not come nigh; neither shall the people go up with him. And Moses came and told the people all the words of the LORD, and all the judgments: and all the people answered with one voice, and said, All the words which the LORD hath said will we do. And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel. And he sent young men of the children of Israel, which offered burnt offerings, and sacrificed peace offerings of oxen unto the LORD. And Moses took half of the blood, and put it in basons; and half of the blood he sprinkled on the altar. And he took the book of the covenant, and read in the audience of the people: and they said, All that the LORD hath said will we do, and be obedient. And Moses took the blood, and sprinkled it on the people, and said, Behold the blood of the covenant, which the LORD hath made with you concerning all these words. Then went up Moses, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel: And they SAW the God of Israel: and there was under his feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as it were the body of heaven in his clearness. And upon the nobles of the children of Israel he laid not his hand: also they SAW God, and did eat and drink." (Exodus 24:1-11).

Moses saw God face to face out of His Glory,

"And the LORD spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle." (Ex. 33:11).

God allowed Moses to see His back parts when Moses requested to see God in His full glory. God allowed Moses to see His Back Parts, so God must have front parts.

"And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen." (Ex. 33:18:23).

Job saw God,

"I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear: but now mine eye seeth thee." (Job 42:5).

Isaiah saw God,

"I saw the LORD standing upon the altar: and he said, Smite the lintel of the door, that the posts may shake: and cut them in the head, all of them; and I will slay the last of them with the sword: he that fleeth of them shall not flee away, and he that escapeth of them shall not be delivered. (Amos 9:1).

Ezekiel saw and described God,

"And above the firmament that was over their heads was the likeness of a throne, as the appearance of a sapphire stone: and upon the likeness of the throne was the likeness as the appearance of a man above upon it. And I saw as the colour of amber, as the appearance of fire round about within it, from the appearance of his loins even upward, and from the appearance of his loins even downward, I saw as it were the appearance of fire, and it had brightness round about. As the appearance of the bow that is in the cloud in the day of rain, so was the appearance of the brightness round about. This was the appearance of the likeness of the glory of the LORD. And when I saw it, I fell upon my face, and I heard a voice of one that spake." (Ezek. 1:26-28).

"This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river of Chebar; and I knew that they were the cherubims." (Ezek 1:10-20).

Daniel described God, even God's cloths, body and hair,

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened. I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame. As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time. I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (Dan. 7:9-14) ;

"Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz: His body also was like the beryl, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude." (Dan. 10:5-6).

Stephen saw God,

"And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God." (Acts 7:56).

John described God,

"And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne. And he that sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold. And out of the throne proceeded lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God." (Rev. 4:2-5).

In the future all people will see God,

"And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." (Rev. 21:3-4),

"And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads." (Rev. 22:4).

Guest Joe in Arkansas
How do you understand the word "Godhead?" Is it biblical the way you do, or are you adding meaning to it?

Ac 17:29 Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead
<theios>
is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

Ro 1:20 For the invisible things of Him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead
<theiotes>
; so that they are without excuse:

Col 2:9 For in Him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead
<theiotes>
bodily.

<theios>

godlike (neuter as noun, divinity): - divine, godhead.

<theiotes>

divinity (abstractly):--godhead.

It is clear from Col 2:9 that the entire

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  5

Dear Blindseeker,

You seem to be on the right track of what you are saying. The "Godhead" is a title given to God the Father much like is the term "throne of God". The "Godhead" term represents is power and authority, not that there is a "trinity" of gods that is commonly taught. In a nut shell, God the Father is the one and only God from which all things have come to exist. Jesus Christ is the first born of Creation. That's right, Jesus was created by God the Father. The Father gave Christ the "fullness of the Godhead", meaning all of God's power and authority subject only to God the Father. Since God is invisible, He created a perfect image of Himself in Jesus. And through Jesus, all creation was made. It is not wrong to say that Jesus is God but He is not God the Father. God is a title and not a name. Scripture calls His saints "sons of God", which makes us God also, but not equal to God the Father or Christ. But someday, we will be as Christ, fully made in the image of God the Father. We are God's offspring in the process of being born. There is no trinity of gods, all being co-equal. Christ is not equal with God the Father but it is not incorrect to call Him (Christ) God. Christ is fully made in the image of God the Father. When we see Christ, we see the Father (all that the Father is). Christ only does what He sees the Father do. Notice that Paul says many times throughout his letters "to God the Father and Jesus Christ" or words to that effect. He never addresses the "Holy Spirit". The Holy Spirit is God the Father's spirit that He gave to Christ and in turn, Christ gives to those whom He chooses, namely His Church. If you have any specific questions on this subject, I would be happy to try to answer them.

May God bless you,

Joe in Arkansas

So, Joe, you are saying there was a time when Jesus did not exist?

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84

"I have a question, provide us the scripture that shows that God created Jesus."

Search the Bible for a thousand years and one will never be found. The Word willingly became flesh (John 1:14), He was never created. Scripture, show that Jesus Christ was one of the three divine persons of the Deity and that as God he had no beginning.

Mic. 5:2 states He existed from all eternity.

John states of Him as existing in the very beginning with the Father (John 1;1-5).

Jesus Himself said He was before Abraham, and before the World was created (John 8:58; 17:5, 24).

Paul states Christ as existing before all things and as the creator and upholder of all things (Col. 1:15-18; Heb. 1:1-3, 8; 2:10). God the Father created all things by Jesus (Eph. 3:9).

Divine names are ascribed to Him.

These divine names and titles proves that He is by nature divine and a member of the Godhead.

He is called God and Immanuel in (Matt. 1:23; John 1:1; 20:28 and Acts 20:28).

Christ the Lord (Luke 2:26); The Son of God (Matt. 4:3; 14:33; Luke 22:70; John 1:34; Rom. 1:4). He is called "MY SON" by the Father in (Matt. 3:17); The only begotten Son (John 1:18; 3:16-18; 1 John 4:9).

He is called the First and the Last. Alpha and Omega, The beginning and Ending (Rev. 22:12, 13, 16). The Lord (Acts9:17); The Son of the Highest (Luke 1:32; Mark 14:61).

The Holy Child Jesus (Acts 4:30); King of Kings and Lord of Lords (Rev. 19:16); Lord and Savious (2 Peter 3:2); and The Word Of God (Rev. 19:13), and many more such titles show He is a member of the Divine Godhead.

In Phil. 2:5-11 Paul speaks of Christ being in God's form and that He laid aside this form and limited His attributes and powers as God to become a man. These powers were given back to Him when He was exalted to the highest place with God, (Coll. 3:1; Mark 16:19), after His lowest humiliation and limitation before God-even to do nothing, say nothing, be nothing and depend entirely upon God the Father for needed grace for body, soul, and spirit, and make a sucess of the work the Father sent Him into the world to do (Phil 2:9-11; Eph. 1:21-23; Col. 1:15-24; 1 Pet. 3:22). We know He did not keep His powers and position whilst a man, else He could not have been exalted back to it.

As God and a member of the Godhead He had no beginning, as a man He had a beginning.