• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.92
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

This is the final installment of Mr. Kelley's three part series on rapture references in the Bible. He concluded part two with Paul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

amen brother parker :laugh:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

time will tell!! I hope all the pretriber preachers have a plan b when they find themselves here long after the point they teach that we are all supposed to be gone.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

Here lies a major scriptural error from the OP

Parker 1 wrote

Here then is the sequence. Before the Day of the Lord can come, the antichrist has to be revealed, and before he can be revealed the church has to be raptured.

The Apostle Paul writes the opposite. Paul writes in II Thessalonians 2:1-3

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him 1. (rapture) Matthew 24:29-31

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.2. (Day of the Lord)

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there be a falling away first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of peridition 3.

I ask you, if the church is raptured as the OP maintains, how can the church witness the revealing of the man of sin (A/C), as Paul plainly writes in verse 3, if the church is not here?

In addition, Scripture clearly associates The Day of the Lord as God

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there be a falling away first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of peridition 3.

I ask you, if the church is raptured as the OP maintains, how can the church witness the revealing of the man of sin (A/C), as Paul plainly writes in verse 3, if the church is not here?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

oops :thumbsup: That ought to read: 'I do not think he will close the door of salvation as long as someone is left to be saved'.

time will tell!! I hope all the pretriber preachers have a plan b when they find themselves here long after the point they teach that we are all supposed to be gone.
I imagine that we will continue to look for the the Lords return, studying His Word and winning souls for Christ.

Here lies a major scriptural error from the OP

Parker 1 wrote

Here then is the sequence. Before the Day of the Lord can come, the antichrist has to be revealed, and before he can be revealed the church has to be raptured.

The Apostle Paul writes the opposite. Paul writes in II Thessalonians 2:1-3

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him 1. (rapture) Matthew 24:29-31

That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.2. (Day of the Lord)

Hi 

Good question

Still,Paul did not say that the 'Bride of Christ' will witness the falling away and the man of sin being revealed.'

Blessings,

What was Paul referring to then? And why would Paul say this is a question that demands to be answered. The verses that Parker 1 quoted have been taken out of context and do not give an accurate picture of what Paul is saying. It is obvious from the context of the preceeding scriptures that Paul was discussing the catching away of the church and assuring the believers that the falling away and the man of sin must be revealed before the catching away of believers could occur. This obviously means that the believers would have to be present and on earth.

Verse 15 in the immediate preceeding chapter (I Thess. 4) reads

For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

Verse 16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trump of God: and the dead in Chrisst shall rise first:

Verse 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

It

I notice that Jack Kelley does not write out the scripture passages in his analysis and more often than not, each time I double check the scripture passages, he has taken them out of context

I notice that Jack Kelley does not write out the scripture passages in his analysis and more often than not, each time I double check the scripture passages, he has taken them out of context