WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.46
  • Content Count:  44,323
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

Determined to have a deficit commission with or without Congress' backing, President Obama plans to announce on Thursday that he is establishing a panel similar to -- although weaker than-- the one lawmakers rejected.

http://www.worthynews.com/top/foxnews-com-...it-commission-/

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

Just another hand selected panel to whitewash Obama failures.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Just another hand selected panel to whitewash Obama failures.

Did you read the article?

"Obama and his economic team have said repeatedly that this is not sustainable. He told lawmakers during his State of the Union address that he would go around their vote and appoint a version of a deficit commission.

Obama's version of the commission is a weak substitute for what he really wanted: a panel created by Congress that could force lawmakers to consider unpopular remedies to reduce the debt, including curbing politically sensitive entitlements like Social Security and Medicare."

As long as Congress refuses to even consider cutting spending.....it doesn't matter one bit who's in the Oval office. :foot-stomp:

• Topic Count:  156
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

If he actually believed what he is saying he wouldn't have signed and passed the debt limit increase of 1.9 trilliion. :24:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Ahh why didn't we think of this before!?!? A Government panel that will look into something....brilliant! :blink:

t.

If he actually believed what he is saying he wouldn't have signed and passed the debt limit increase of 1.9 trilliion. :blink:

Considering the run up to the current mess, the country had a TEN TRILLION dollar deficit when Obama took office. George Bush ran the biggest deficit budgets in U.S. history. We are paying the piper now and will be for decades. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat so I have no interest in spin; these are facts. We all need to confront facts, and voting records in Congress, before the upcoming mid-term elections. :rolleyes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/29/co...ry4486228.shtml

If he actually believed what he is saying he wouldn't have signed and passed the debt limit increase of 1.9 trilliion. :blink:

Considering the run up to the current mess, the country had a TEN TRILLION dollar deficit when Obama took office. George Bush ran the biggest deficit budgets in U.S. history. We are paying the piper now and will be for decades. I'm neither Republican nor Democrat so I have no interest in spin; these are facts. We all need to confront facts, and voting records in Congress, before the upcoming mid-term elections. :rolleyes:

Obama has signed into law deficit spending well beyond anything Bush ever imagined. That argument that Obama inherited all of this is a lie. Bush did overspend, but Obama has made things much worse.

Regardless of that, I am taking a wait and see approach to this panel, just as I am going to wait and see if we get any new nuclear power plants built. I don't trust Obama, but I am not quite as pesimistic as Rush Limbaugh is on these matters. I am willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt. If this panel leads to a balanced budget, and if Obama really gets those new power plants on-line, I will be glad to give him credit. I would love to have something good to say about Obama. Up till now I have had nothing. I am not holding my breath, and Rush is right more often than wrong, but lets see? Maybe he will do the same thing Clinton did and move to the center to try and save his Presidency? :blink:

Obama has signed into law deficit spending well beyond anything Bush ever imagined. That argument that Obama inherited all of this is a lie. Bush did overspend, but Obama has made things much worse.

Regardless of that, I am taking a wait and see approach to this panel, just as I am going to wait and see if we get any new nuclear power plants built. I don't trust Obama, but I am not quite as pesimistic as Rush Limbaugh is on these matters. I am willing to give Obama the benefit of the doubt. If this panel leads to a balanced budget, and if Obama really gets those new power plants on-line, I will be glad to give him credit. I would love to have something good to say about Obama. Up till now I have had nothing. I am not holding my breath, and Rush is right more often than wrong, but lets see? Maybe he will do the same thing Clinton did and move to the center to try and save his Presidency? :blink:

I'm glad to see you're willing to wait and see what this President can do, Butero. Mr. Bush also inherited major troubles that continued to build. We can't lay blame on any one administration; the current mess goes back almost thirty years. Somewhere along the line we have lost our way. And the only way to get it back is to STOP the dominoes before any more fall.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Obama is in Campaign mode. Remember the last Campaign. It was all Hopey Change and we got neither. :rolleyes:

If Obama wants stuff to change all he has to do is get his Democrats to go along with him. They have the Majority. :blink:

Obama is in Campaign mode. Remember the last Campaign. It was all Hopey Change and we got neither. :rolleyes:

If Obama wants stuff to change all he has to do is get his Democrats to go along with him. They have the Majority. :blink:

Not for long...... :blink: