Adstar

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  0

Faith is not knowing what tomorrow holds, but knowing who holds tomorrow.

"I read the last page of the Bible, I know it will all turn out okay." -Billy Graham

:P

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

Faith is not knowing what tomorrow holds, but knowing who holds tomorrow.

"I read the last page of the Bible, I know it will all turn out okay." -Billy Graham

:P

which is also what all of you are saying; trusting GOD

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Hebrews 11:1

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Well I think faith is that which we do not see, it is a belief which makes things happen, but truthfully, faith, is something we believe in, and it is a belief, without seeing something, faith will manifest itself, by different manifestations. I look at the scripture which says, if you see something, how can you have faith for that, but if you have faith for what you do not see, you have faith, because faith is not needed when a person sees something, faith is something, which we choose to believe, because we see with spiritual eyes, and hear with spiritual ears, and understand with spiritual hearts. The spiritually minded can please God, but the carnal minded can not please God. Thus faith is a belief in what we know, and also faith will bring about what we know, and yet the manifestation when it happens, faith is shown, but faith continues to move, and do things, without the natural eye seeing, and hearing, and understanding, faith will bring manifestations, which is the fruit of the faith, and thus all faith is of God, and that is how we are saved. We are not saved, by any works we do, but faith will have fruit, and that fruit we view as works, but in reality, no manifestation will happen except for what The Holy Spirit makes happen, thus God's will will happen in the earth.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Thanks for the thoughtful replies friends. :laugh:

All praise The Ancient of Days

Guest JohnSC

naomi again said what I wanted to say before I got to say it. :)

"Faith" might at times be better understood in our modern English as the term "trust".

Visualize Jesus standing next to a large road map on the wall, and He is telling us that by taking specific routes, we will arrive at a specific destination.

A "believer", he who has "faith", will mentally understand the directions and believe Jesus to be speaking honestly, yet the believer may not actually travel the route, only believe with faith in the honesty of Jesus' that it is the correct route.

However, he who "trusts" the directions will physically travel the route given and arrive at the promised destination.

Hebrews 11:1 is indeed speaking of "faith", with Strong's defining it as "Its primary idea is trust. A thing is true, and therefore worthy of trust." However, ideally the mental concept of "faith" should not encompass all Scriptural interpretations as being the sole route to a destination. First we have faith that the directions are correct, and then to validate our faith, we physically act upon the faith, thus committing trust to following what is being taught.

Many people 50 years ago believed that electricity ran from positive to negative. Today many people believe electricity runs negative to positive. Yet if a person were suddenly placed in a situation where they had to bet their life on the accuracy of their knowledge, suddenly there will most likely be no trust left.

If a person believes Jesus' teachings to be true, if a person has faith in the honesty of Jesus' teachings, then the person will trust Jesus enough to actually physically do what Jesus taught to do (literally betting their life on Jesus' teachings). It has been said that even Satan himself believes Jesus, and that if we do not trust Jesus more than what Satan does, then we are of course no better off.

Now visualize a child seeing the map, and upon his learning the directions to the destination, he now begins jumping up and down saying he has arrived at the destination. We as adults might find the child's behavior as humorously inaccurate, but when adults believe they will reach a destination without first traveling the route, that too should be seen as equally inaccurate.

We all have the choice to either have faith without works, or trust with works, that is, we can believe the route Jesus taught as being correct and yet we decline traveling the route, or we can trust the route Jesus taught as being valid and we then perform the work of traveling to the destination.

James 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

James 2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

When we read Jesus' words, it is a good thing to show our trust in His words by our physically following the teachings.