• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

Another thing I find is that people seem to find an excuse to have a physical infirmity, emotional one, and/or mental one. They use the scriptures so they can be justified when this happens to them quite alot, and the reason they have problems is because they are not totally serving God. In other words alot of times people are not called to have those things, but they use the scriptures which talk about some being called to have those things, so they could glorify God, but they themselves are not called to have those things. They sometimes choose to have those things, because they are deceived, by their own heart, and do not choose to claim the promise of God keeping us healthy physically, emotionally, and mentally. We do know God may have us have problems sometimes in those areas, but many times many people, do not seek God to get out of them, and thus think they are called to have them. This is generalizing, but is nonetheless true. Now we can understand some are called to suffer physically for the glory of God, like being continually in a wheelchair, so they can glorify God, and how wonderful He is, they can be a living witness in whatever way God calls them to be a living witness. Some people may be choosen by God to have mental problems, and/or emotional with the purpose of glorifying God, but many choose not to follow God, and thus stay in those positions which they are not to be in. Some are called to do those things I believe, but others choose to say they are called in those positions, just because they are deceived, and/or do not choose to love, and do the good news, the truth.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

While there are people who overplay their depression, we must keep in mind that people who are chronically depressed have a chemical imbalance that they simply cannot fix. Others have situations that will get them extremely depressed. We can't be too judgemental on issues like this.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  267
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/14/1958

AllforJesus,

Thank you for your view points!

I am a case worker for developmentally disabled adults. Most have a secondarty mental illness; Bipolar for example. THEY DO NOT CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW GOD FOR THE MOST PART>I choose to witness and love them, hoping they want just a little of what Jesus has given me. I have been threatened, yelled at and generally seen some wild behaviors in my day. So GOD has a plan for us all. THey have taught me how to be gentle, loving, firm, kind, and accepting of all walks. JESUS IS LORD.

I will look up my scripture and post later.

THIS THREAD IS MEANT FOR PEOPLE TO COME IN AND FIND HOPE IN THEIR SITUATION>

While there are people who overplay their depression, we must keep in mind that people who are chronically depressed have a chemical imbalance that they simply cannot fix. Others have situations that will get them extremely depressed. We can't be too judgemental on issues like this.

AMEN SUPER

• Content Count:  557
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  09/21/1976

AllforJesus,

Thank you for your view points!

I am a case worker for developmentally disabled adults. Most have a secondarty mental illness; Bipolar for example. THEY DO NOT CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW GOD FOR THE MOST PART>I choose to witness and love them, hoping they want just a little of what Jesus has given me. I have been threatened, yelled at and generally seen some wild behaviors in my day. So GOD has a plan for us all. THey have taught me how to be gentle, loving, firm, kind, and accepting of all walks. JESUS IS LORD.

I will look up my scripture and post later.

THIS THREAD IS MEANT FOR PEOPLE TO COME IN AND FIND HOPE IN THEIR SITUATION>

Yes, and we know God can Heal them if He will. You see if someone is walking like Jesus I think more people would be healed, but many do not fulfill there destiny. I think because many do not choose to suffer for Christ. If we suffer for Christ we shall be perfected like He was through suffering.

Today's Scripture:

Philippians 4:11,12 Paul's testimony written in prison: 11 Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content. 12 I know how to be abased, and I know how to be abound. Everywhere and in all thing I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Paul was locked in prison. He still had contentment in our LORD. Depression can feel like a prison. I challenge everyone to have contentment and joy in our lord during your valley days.

He was afflicted with some disease in his side, and he walked so closely with JESUS. Which tells me that JESUS allows us to have trials illness and afflictions.

POSITIVE comments and encouragement is welcomed

LOVE

KAY

Guest koppen

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect.

2 Peter 3:15

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

2 Peter 3:9

The odds are stacked against us if we are on our own trying to do something that requires the aid of God. If we go through with an attitude of wanting to please (like baby wanting to walk - you don't shout at them or beat them with a stick if they go down with a bump...) and a willingness to listen for God's answers, He will pull out the stops and help us get through.

Jesus claims were validated by His resurrection and His word is trustworthy. It was He who told us to trust God and in His power. He demonstrated that NOTHING is impossible for Him. No odds can stand against Him and it says, "If God is for us, who can be against us?"The apostle Paul reflected this comment when he wrote "I can do everything through Him [God] who strengthens me."

Our willingness to want to do things right and to please demonstrates that when we can't manage something it isn't deliberate - it's not a case of wilful disobedience on our part. In that case, the willingness to keep trying [to want to get things right] says to God, "How should I do it better next time? Please forgive me for messing up this time and please guide me though this thing! "Don't worry, it might take several attempts.

When God told Samuel to find David and anoint him as king of Israel, Samuel couldn't believe that Eliab wasn't to be the one. God told Samuel plainly,

"Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him.The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

1 Samuel 16:7

This appears to be a direct answer to Samuel asking God a direct question, "Lord, is this one the future king?", an answer along the lines of, "Nope, his attitudes aren't right for the job. I need someone made of sterner stuff."

God looks at the heart of us, the center of our thinking, the very deepest part of our psyche that determines whether we simply be seen to be doing the right things or, deep down we really do want to do the right thing but occasionally slip up. So often, our appearance isn't right when our attitudes are or vice-versa.

The odds are for us because God is for us, it's just plain difficult to see Him and His guidance when the rest of life is crowding us in!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest henryboy

I'm new here. I'm also a good Christian and Bipolar. It seems to me that you think some people are just 'playing up' there illness. I don't think that is true. It is very hard to be mentally ill. Just getting up everyday is a problem for me as is taking my medication, but I love God and want to serve Him!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Awesome Post Kay, I need to share this one with my wife.

God Bless,

Dave

• Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I'm new here. I'm also a good Christian and Bipolar. It seems to me that you think some people are just 'playing up' there illness. I don't think that is true. It is very hard to be mentally ill. Just getting up everyday is a problem for me as is taking my medication, but I love God and want to serve Him!

This is just to help Henry Boy out: She was responding to All for Jesus's post one on page three mainly the top one.

She is new here but she is my friend and didn't figure out how to quote yet.