IGNORED

Evolutionists: Why is it so important to you?

nebula

Jesus Of Nazareth

My LORD And My God

In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:

all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:14-17

He Is Worthy

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power:

for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

He Is Salvation

Neither is there salvation in any other:

for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... I would rather your have strong trust in the Lord, but there is no reason why you can't have both as long as you are willing to acknowledge that interpretation is not on the same level as revelation ....

A Reason

Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth abroad the earth by myself;

Isaiah 44:24

To Believe

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

Isaiah 1:18

And A Reason

And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

Luke 4:4

To Flee

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Luke 9:26

Man's

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Colossians 2:8

Lies

For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 1:17-22

ASAP

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Hebrews 3:12-13

Amen!

But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

Hebrews 1:8-12

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death. Revelation 21:6-8

And Be Blessed Beloved

And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him:

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. size=1]Revelation 22:3-4

Love, Joe

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation. John 5:24-29

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I would rather your have strong trust in the Lord, but there is no reason why you can't have both as long as you are willing to acknowledge that interpretation is not on the same level as revelation.

If you believe we are nothing more than an evolutionary product, how can you justify the need for Jesus to die on the Cross?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

If you believe we are nothing more than an evolutionary product, how can you justify the need for Jesus to die on the Cross?

If I believed that we are nothing more than an evolutionary produce I wouldn't be able to justify the need for Jesus to die on the Cross. Luckily I don't actually believe that, and have explained this numerous times. Evolution is simply the method by which the order of the creation of life was carried out, it does not account for man having a soul, nor does it explain man's relationship with God.

Lurker

God has told us the story.....you are denying Scripture. Where, in the following, does the Lord tell us we evolved from one celled organisms over untold millions of years? I am praying even harder for you, Lurker.

Genesis 1

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

God has told us the story.....you are denying Scripture. Where, in the following, does the Lord tell us we evolved from one celled organisms over untold millions of years? I am praying even harder for you, Lurker.

Genesis 1

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

Where in the following does the Lord tell us the sun doesn't move in relation to the earth?

12Then Joshua spoke to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the sons of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel,

"O (A)sun, stand still at Gibeon,

And O moon in the valley of Aijalon."

13(B)So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped,

Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies

Is it not written in

If I believed that we are nothing more than an evolutionary produce I wouldn't be able to justify the need for Jesus to die on the Cross. Luckily I don't actually believe that, and have explained this numerous times. Evolution is simply the method by which the order of the creation of life was carried out, it does not account for man having a soul, nor does it explain man's relationship with God.

But you didn't explain your position.

You see, according to the Bible, there is more to the Fall than just man falling out of relationship with the Lord.

Rom. 8

19 For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. 20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God. 22 For we know that the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now. 23 And not only this, but also we ourselves, having the first fruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our body.

How does this passage follow theistic evolution?

Also, there are the scientific studies of what makes us human - what "evolved" in our brains that makes us different than the other animals? You say at some point God put spirit/soul into the body of a hairless ape (that's what it amounts to, isn't it?). At what point do you cease believing evolution of the Homo species' brain and claim God put spirit into man, and that's what made the change?

And likewise, in your interaction with non-theistic evolutionists - have you argued with them about your theistic evolution view? How do they respond to you with this?

If the Lord used evolution to carry out the order of Creation. . .it's because He can. The writer of that book would describe the event in terms that were familiar to him.

Show me the book of the Bible that describes evolution as God's creation method.

Could you explain how in one instance understanding that the author is describing events in familiar terms is good interpretation and in the other doing the exact same thing is "heresy"? Thanks.

The heresy is your denial of Scripture. Spin won't cut it, Lurker. There is no one in the Bible's passages that is describing evolution 'in terms that are familiar to them'. You know it and so do I and everyone else reading this. Care to try again?

.... Really? There is no author of Genesis? ....

Yes

For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Peter 1:21

Yes

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

Yes

And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face, Deuteronomy 34:10

Yes

So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.

And the Redeemer shall come to Zion, and unto them that turn from transgression in Jacob, saith the LORD.

As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever. Isaiah 59:19-21

Really!

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

Really!

Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came a great wrath from the LORD of hosts. Zechariah 7:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:36

And Be Blessed Beloved

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 1 John 3:1

Love, Joe

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. Romans 8:15

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Lurker

Do you believe that man evolved from primates? Or do you believe the literal meaning of the Bible in it's description of the making of Adam in the likeness of God, from the dust of the earth as a grown man?

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  4.85
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

Do you believe that man evolved from primates? Or do you believe the literal meaning of the Bible in it's description of the making of Adam in the likeness of God, from the dust of the earth as a grown man?

You can read a brief summation of my views on this topic here in the "Can an Evangelical Christian Accept Evolution?" thread.

Lurker

It's a yes or no question.

edit: and you posting that you referred to did not clearly answer the question. I'm not smarter than a 5th grader, so how about giving an answer that even a 5th grader could understand. Like yes or no.

Edited by Parker1

Lurker -

Did you miss my questions, or waiting for a better time to answer?