IGNORED

Evolutionists: Why is it so important to you?

nebula

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Lurker,

First off the Book of Genesis is known to be written by Moses along with the other 4 torah books.

Second; If you believe in an O.E (Old Earth Creation), then how do account for those passages that count down the lineages examples: Luke 3:23-38; listed here the last man listed is Adam. Genesis Chapter 5:1-32 the List starts with the first man Adam. Also see Genesis chapter 11 for more Chronolgies.

Also another point: If Adam decended from another creature; then the account of Genesis chapter 2&3 are called into question.

Not to mention if other life forms existed and died before Adam was even formed(like most evolutionist) claim, then there was death before sin.

This would call into question Romans 5 specifically Romans 5:14, which states without error, that death came because of the sin of Adam.

Continuing to verse 15 in Romans 5; we see that Jesus Christ came to pay the price of Adam's transgression. so if you take out these factors. then there would be no reason to believe any of the Bible. I can go on and on about Christ connection through out the Bible in the New as well as the old testament, and the fact that He (Christ) came to pay for Adam's Transgression.

Indeed if we were to accept the evolutionary view; then : 1. Adam's sin did not cause death, 2. Jesus did not come to pay the penalty for Adam's trangression. 3. And If Jesus did not come to pay for Adam's transgression, then we are indeed as Christians Lost, and all of our belief is nothing more than fables.

This is the very reason why true Christians, cannot and will not accept the theory of Evolution.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Lurker,

First off the Book of Genesis is known to be written by Moses along with the other 4 torah books.

Second; If you believe in an O.E (Old Earth Creation), then how do account for those passages that count down the lineages examples: Luke 3:23-38; listed here the last man listed is Adam. Genesis Chapter 5:1-32 the List starts with the first man Adam. Also see Genesis chapter 11 for more Chronolgies.

Also another point: If Adam decended from another creature; then the account of Genesis chapter 2&3 are called into question.

Not to mention if other life forms existed and died before Adam was even formed(like most evolutionist) claim, then there was death before sin.

This would call into question Romans 5 specifically Romans 5:14, which states without error, that death came because of the sin of Adam.

Continuing to verse 15 in Romans 5; we see that Jesus Christ came to pay the price of Adam's transgression. so if you take out these factors. then there would be no reason to believe any of the Bible. I can go on and on about Christ connection through out the Bible in the New as well as the old testament, and the fact that He (Christ) came to pay for Adam's Transgression.

Indeed if we were to accept the evolutionary view; then : 1. Adam's sin did not cause death, 2. Jesus did not come to pay the penalty for Adam's trangression. 3. And If Jesus did not come to pay for Adam's transgression, then we are indeed as Christians Lost, and all of our belief is nothing more than fables.

This is the very reason why true Christians, cannot and will not accept the theory of Evolution.

Every word true, spiritman, but nothing will stop the evolutionists except Judgment Day.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Do you believe that man evolved from primates? Or do you believe the literal meaning of the Bible in it's description of the making of Adam in the likeness of God, from the dust of the earth as a grown man?

You can read a brief summation of my views on this topic here in the "Can an Evangelical Christian Accept Evolution?" thread.

Lurker

It's a yes or no question.

It's an off-topic question as far as I can tell and I've answered it before in a thread where it was on topic. Feel free to read my previous post on this issue and let me know if you have any questions in that thread. Or, if you're planning on tying this into the current thread topic by all means do so here. Thanks.

Lurker

Nope; you have never answered the question. :whistling:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Lurker....

Will you share your testimony with us? Tell us what happened around the time that you decided to live by faith in the saving works of Christ?

Rom 1:25 MKJV

25 For they changed the truth of God into a lie, and they worshiped and served the created thing more than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

Creation should not be worshipped or served. The Creator should be. Do you agree? Can you take a minute out from creation to tell us about how you met the Creator?

Great is the Lord, and worthy to be praised! My testimony is in my sig...

Andy

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I was wondering why evolution - promoting it, getting people to believe it - is so important to evolutionists?

I believe in evolution but i don't care about promoting it. Couldn't give a monkey's if other people believe in it or not. If someone asked me about it i'd explain it but it's up to people to make up their own minds on things. Evolutionists who promote it and want you to believe it are doing it for the same reason believers want other people to believe. They think they are right. Simple really.

But evolutionists, why does it matter to you what people believe or not with regards to the distant past? So what if people believe the Earth is young? So what if parents want their children to be taught their beliefs? What is it to you?

I don't care if people believe the earth is young or what they believe about the distant past. That's their own choice and there are plenty of opinions right and wrong on every subject in the world. Parents teaching their kids their beliefs, my only point on this is, if you are brought up in a certain faith and that causes you to campaign for the oppression of other peoples rights, eg gay marriage etc then i am not in favour of passing on prejudices.

This is a quote from dannyboy i think

"It's sad really. What they are displaying is not faith. As others have suggested they are displaying fear of judgment. They seek the company of like minded people to tickle their ears and tell them that they are not bad people for being selfish or proud. They wish to find or create an environment wherein their actions are considered acceptable or even good. Basically they are all seeking assurance from other people that there is no God and that, when they die, they will not be punished for all the things they have done that deep inside them they know were wrong. They are too proud to repent and therefore resist submitting themselves to God's will."

You have us all put into a nice proud box with that comment. It's total nonsense of course but if you feel safe with your generalisations then hug yourself in that big warm safety blanket. People are different you know, athiests are different from each other as are christians. Your description describes my feelings on the matter in no way, shape or form.

Here's my counter. Christians are deluded, fairy worshipping crackpots who believe in god so they can judge other people and hold the high moral ground. They love the human race being under control. Soooooo how did you like my generalisation which is total nonsense as well.

Edited by ollkiller

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

I was wondering why evolution - promoting it, getting people to believe it - is so important to evolutionists?

I believe in evolution but i don't care about promoting it. Couldn't give a monkey's if other people believe in it or not. If someone asked me about it i'd explain it but it's up to people to make up their own minds on things. Evolutionists who promote it and want you to believe it are doing it for the same reason believers want other people to believe. They think they are right. Simple really.

But evolutionists, why does it matter to you what people believe or not with regards to the distant past? So what if people believe the Earth is young? So what if parents want their children to be taught their beliefs? What is it to you?

I don't care if people believe the earth is young or what they believe about the distant past. That's their own choice and there are plenty of opinions right and wrong on every subject in the world. Parents teaching their kids their beliefs, my only point on this is, if you are brought up in a certain faith and that causes you to campaign for the oppression of other peoples rights, eg gay marriage etc then i am not in favour of passing on prejudices.

This is a quote from dannyboy i think

"It's sad really. What they are displaying is not faith. As others have suggested they are displaying fear of judgment. They seek the company of like minded people to tickle their ears and tell them that they are not bad people for being selfish or proud. They wish to find or create an environment wherein their actions are considered acceptable or even good. Basically they are all seeking assurance from other people that there is no God and that, when they die, they will not be punished for all the things they have done that deep inside them they know were wrong. They are too proud to repent and therefore resist submitting themselves to God's will."

You have us all put into a nice proud box with that comment. It's total nonsense of course but if you feel safe with your generalisations then hug yourself in that big warm safety blanket. People are different you know, athiests are different from each other as are christians. Your description describes my feelings on the matter in no way, shape or form.

Here's my counter. Christians are deluded, fairy worshipping crackpots who believe in god so they can judge other people and hold the high moral ground. They love the human race being under control. Soooooo how did you like my generalisation which is total nonsense as well.

:thumbsup: Well at least you are honest about how you feel. But, if you don't care about evolution, don't care about God, don't care about what other people think, what do you care about? What cranks your engine in the morning? Or don't you care? :noidea:

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Thanks, ollkiller!

So to you engaging in the debates is nothing more than something to talk about?

(BTW, unrelated, but silly - I keep reading your name as "oilkiller" (!?))

:thumbsup: Well at least you are honest about how you feel. But, if you don't care about evolution, don't care about God, don't care about what other people think, what do you care about? What cranks your engine in the morning? Or don't you care? :noidea:

I do care about evolution and the existence of god, it's just that i'm not too overly fussed on everyone elses opinons. By all means listen to other sides of the story but you have to make up your own mind on these matters, if ya get what i'm saying.

And, the thing that cranks my engine in the morning is my drum kit. It's loud and wakes everyone up.

Thanks, ollkiller!

So to you engaging in the debates is nothing more than something to talk about?

(BTW, unrelated, but silly - I keep reading your name as "oilkiller" (!?))

Oil Killer. Not a bad usename i suppose. As regards taking part in debates it's what you get out of it that matters. You can debate all ya want but at some point your going to have to ask yourself what do i believe in and only you can answer that.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Oil Killer. Not a bad usename i suppose.

Well, "oil" is a word; "oll" is not. :thumbsup:

It's just my silly brain....

As regards taking part in debates it's what you get out of it that matters.

OK, so what do you get out of the debates on evolution? That's what I am wanting to understand.

You can debate all ya want but at some point your going to have to ask yourself what do i believe in and only you can answer that.

Well, I already know what I believe. Or were you saying that as a part of what you believe about debating such things?