Here, here, Hazard, thankyou. :( Well said. :21:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  3,166
  • Content Per Day:  0.45
  • Days Won:  0

You know, we can speak of God being immutable and unchangeable, yet there are many Scriptures which plainly teach that He HAS HAD TO change His plans, set aside His promised blessings, change prophecy that was based upon conditions, and do many things that He did not first intend to do. All this had to be done because of the FAILURE ON THE PART OF THOSE WITH WHOM HE WAS DEALING WITH, not because of any lacking on God's part. There are many prophecies and promises in Scripture based upon people meeting certain conditions; God plan is know by Him from beginning to end and men who are obedient to God will be blessed with the promised blessings made by God. Those who fail God and refuse to believe God and deny Christ will be cursed with the promised curses.

If one doesnt agree with this, read these Scriptures.

(Lev. 26:3-54; Deut. 11:13-32; 12:1-32; 28:1-62; 30:15-20; 55:1-13;; 59:8-14; etc).

Haz.

Blessings Haz,

God has not "changed His plans" in these scriptures He is informing people what His will is and the blessings or consequences that will result when they are not in His will and His mercy inorder to bring them back into His will using both. :(

Leviticus 26

1Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the LORD your God.

2Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

3If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;

4Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase, and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.

5And your threshing shall reach unto the vintage, and the vintage shall reach unto the sowing time: and ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.

6And I will give peace in the land, and ye shall lie down, and none shall make you afraid: and I will rid evil beasts out of the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.

7And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.

8And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

9For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.

10And ye shall eat old store, and bring forth the old because of the new.

11And I set my tabernacle among you: and my soul shall not abhor you.

12And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.

13I am the LORD your God, which brought you forth out of the land of Egypt, that ye should not be their bondmen; and I have broken the bands of your yoke, and made you go upright.

14But if ye will not hearken unto me, and will not do all these commandments;

15And if ye shall despise my statutes, or if your soul abhor my judgments, so that ye will not do all my commandments, but that ye break my covenant:

16I also will do this unto you; I will even appoint over you terror, consumption, and the burning ague, that shall consume the eyes, and cause sorrow of heart: and ye shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.

17And I will set my face against you, and ye shall be slain before your enemies: they that hate you shall reign over you; and ye shall flee when none pursueth you.

18And if ye will not yet for all this hearken unto me, then I will punish you seven times more for your sins.

19And I will break the pride of your power; and I will make your heaven as iron, and your earth as brass:

20And your strength shall be spent in vain: for your land shall not yield her increase, neither shall the trees of the land yield their fruits.

21And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins.

22I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.

23And if ye will not be reformed by me by these things, but will walk contrary unto me;

24Then will I also walk contrary unto you, and will punish you yet seven times for your sins.

25And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall avenge the quarrel of my covenant: and when ye are gathered together within your cities, I will send the pestilence among you; and ye shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.

26And when I have broken the staff of your bread, ten women shall bake your bread in one oven, and they shall deliver you your bread again by weight: and ye shall eat, and not be satisfied.

27And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me;

28Then I will walk contrary unto you also in fury; and I, even I, will chastise you seven times for your sins.

29And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.

30And I will destroy your high places, and cut down your images, and cast your carcases upon the carcases of your idols, and my soul shall abhor you.

31And I will make your cities waste, and bring your sanctuaries unto desolation, and I will not smell the savour of your sweet odours.

32And I will bring the land into desolation: and your enemies which dwell therein shall be astonished at it.

33And I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste.

34Then shall the land enjoy her sabbaths, as long as it lieth desolate, and ye be in your enemies' land; even then shall the land rest, and enjoy her sabbaths.

35As long as it lieth desolate it shall rest; because it did not rest in your sabbaths, when ye dwelt upon it.

36And upon them that are left alive of you I will send a faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies; and the sound of a shaken leaf shall chase them; and they shall flee, as fleeing from a sword; and they shall fall when none pursueth.

37And they shall fall one upon another, as it were before a sword, when none pursueth: and ye shall have no power to stand before your enemies.

38And ye shall perish among the heathen, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.

39And they that are left of you shall pine away in their iniquity in your enemies' lands; and also in the iniquities of their fathers shall they pine away with them.

40If they shall confess their iniquity, and the iniquity of their fathers, with their trespass which they trespassed against me, and that also they have walked contrary unto me;

41And that I also have walked contrary unto them, and have brought them into the land of their enemies; if then their uncircumcised hearts be humbled, and they then accept of the punishment of their iniquity:

42Then will I remember my covenant with Jacob, and also my covenant with Isaac, and also my covenant with Abraham will I remember; and I will remember the land.

43The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.

44And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.

45But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

46These are the statutes and judgments and laws, which the LORD made between him and the children of Israel in mount Sinai by the hand of Moses.

Similar to a parent laying down a rule for behavor sometimes it is with rewards sometimes with discipline knowing that a child will try and test it and that both the reward and disicple are meant to keep the child obedient. For example "If you eat you vegetables then you will get dessert. If you do not eat your vegetables then you will be sent to you room to think about why you need them and why you will not get dessert. "If you eat your vegetables tomorrow night then you will get dessert tomorrow. The parents plan to get the child to eat their vegetables has not changed because of the child's behavior rather the child is told both the rewards of being obedient and the correction for not and keeps the goal of eating vegetables for both in the future. This is a very loose comparison and is not meant to stand as an actual metaphor but i am sure you can understand the idea of my simple explaination.

love your sister in Christ,

Rebekah David

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,419
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

So, if God wouldn't contend with man back int he days just before the flood, what makes him willing to contend with us now? I know He made the Covenant and promised us it would never be broken, but WHY?

One of the most beautiful truths in all Scripture-

1 Cor 10:11

11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

NKJV

after reading all of Heb 11 we are given the same understanding in-

Heb 12:1-2 1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

NKJV

These things happened and are for our understanding of God, we have The Teacher living inside each one of us! with these truths come this-

Luke 12:48

48 But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.

KJV

So in reality we have been given all the lives of the OT and NT as example for the Holy Spirit to teach us what God expects from His children and with this truth the resulting question-

2 Peter 3:10-1310 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. 11 Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness, 12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be dissolved, being on fire, and the elements will melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

NKJV

Surely, we are worse today than men were back then. We have so much more to tempt us.

But why would God be grieved enough about our actions to kill all but a few off, and then decide to never do it again? Where's the reasoning behind it?

Again to show us whether few or many- [He will judge righteously] (eight souls in the whole world lived) but those who perished were preach to of repentance for 120 years before it occurred and

in this He certainly warned us of "last days" = "upon whom the ends of the ages have come."-

2 Tim 3

But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, 7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

The Man of God and the Word of God

10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra

Edited by enoob57

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

You know, we can speak of God being immutable and unchangeable, yet there are many Scriptures which plainly teach that He HAS HAD TO change His plans, set aside His promised blessings, change prophecy that was based upon conditions, and do many things that He did not first intend to do. All this had to be done because of the FAILURE ON THE PART OF THOSE WITH WHOM HE WAS DEALING WITH, not because of any lacking on God's part. There are many prophecies and promises in Scripture based upon people meeting certain conditions; God plan is know by Him from beginning to end and men who are obedient to God will be blessed with the promised blessings made by God. Those who fail God and refuse to believe God and deny Christ will be cursed with the promised curses.

(Lev. 26:3-54; Deut. 11:13-32; 12:1-32; 28:1-62; 30:15-20; 55:1-13;; 59:8-14; etc).

Haz.

2 issues arise here:

1. Did God know in adcance that people would fail?

2. Is God's changing to be viewed as a change in his disposition to a present set of circumstnaces., or a change of His eternal will?

Not sure the point you are trying to make with all the scriptures. They cut both ways though

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Haz.

2 issues arise here:

2. Is God's changing to be viewed as a change in his disposition to a present set of circumstnaces., or a change of His eternal will?

Not sure the point you are trying to make with all the scriptures. They cut both ways though

1. Surely He did? Or does one question His omniscience?

2. Not a change in the way we understand change, but being true to His own decrees, and sometimes when certain criteria are met either in an individual...like Hezekiah, or a city like Nineveh...He repents. relents and changes His mind, and yet beyond our searching out, He knew what would occur from all eternity and still somehow it was worth it and there was a point to everything ever done.

G-d wanted the Israelites to trust Him...not worship golden calves...not be afraid of Giants in the land etc....and the Israelites could have inherited the land promised them with the generation that left Egypt...but the consequences of their faithlessness condemned them to wandering in the Wilderness until a generation arose that believed G-d.

What G-d wants and what G-d gets is often left to us, as there is something precious in the response of a man's heart.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Haz.

2 issues arise here:

1. Surely He did? Or does one question His omniscience?

2. Not a change in the way we understand change, but being true to His own decrees, and sometimes when certain criteria are met either in an individual...like Hezekiah, or a city like Nineveh...He repents. relents and changes His mind, and yet beyond our searching out, He knew what would occur from all eternity and still somehow it was worth it and there was a point to everything ever done.

G-d wanted the Israelites to trust Him...not worship golden calves...not be afraid of Giants in the land etc....and the Israelites could have inherited the land promised them with the generation that left Egypt...but the consequences of their faithlessness condemned them to wandering in the Wilderness until a generation arose that believed G-d.

What G-d wants and what G-d gets is often left to us, as there is something precious in the response of a man's heart.

How excellent.

Simply

But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2 Corinthians 11:3

Run To Jesus

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:16-17

Or Continue To Slide

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

Into Hell

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Mark 9:47-48

>>>>>()<<<<<

Indeed!

Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;

A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:

And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Deuteronomy 11:26-28

A Serious Choice

And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Josh 24:15

Set Before The Sons And Daughters Of Adam

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God.

Hebrews 3:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

John 11:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Romans 8:15

Love, Joe

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith. Habakkuk 2:4

Guest Russ40
So, if God wouldnn't contend with man back int he days just before the flood, what makes him willing to contend with us now? I know He made the Covenat and promised us it would never be broken, but WHY?

Surely, we are worse today than men were back then. We have so much more to tempt us.

But why would God be grieved enough about our actions to kill all but a few off, and then decide to never do it again? Where's the reasoning behind it?

think we have to remember that he he promised not to destroy the world with water again he says he's going to use fire next time. we are on burrowed time the fact that he hasnt done it yet. just shows how much grace and mercy the father really does have for us

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

So, if God wouldnn't contend with man back int he days just before the flood, what makes him willing to contend with us now? I know He made the Covenat and promised us it would never be broken, but WHY?

What God promised is that he would never flood the whole earth again. He is still dealing with the sin of man in his wrath, but is doing a little at a time. All over the world there are floods, earthquakes, typhoons, etc.

God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day. Psalm 7:11

God's mind today is still the same, it is just that he is handling it different.

By these three was the third part of men killed, by the fire, and by the smoke, and by the brimstone, which issued out of their mouths. For their power is in their mouth, and in their tails: for their tails were like unto serpents, and had heads, and with them they do hurt. And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts. Revelation 9:18-21

This is speaking of the bubonic plague that hit the earth in the dark ages. This was recorded to take out 1/3 of Europe and they still did not repent of their sins.

God still does take care of those who don't want to give up their sins.