• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

As everyone can see, put the missing words back in and the meaning changes completely. Lurker was right. This type of deception by Creation websites is a common practice. I have seen it frequently. Many Creationists, with honest intentions to seek the truth, make the mistake of trusting such sites. They deliberately sow misinformation.

And why, pray tell, do they do THAT?

Pray tell, MorningGlory, why do you think they do that?

I don't do dodge ball.... :wub:

Howabout ping pong-- ya ya ya ping and then pong and pong and then ping ya ya Howabout it??? :wub::thumbsup::wub: I love to serve :whistling:

So. . .did the whole thing about creationist websites that deliberately sow misinformation just disappear from your screens because we can throw in some snappy comebacks? [face palm]

Lurker

Well in truth my friend, with all considered, it is not us that need to desperately sort through things to try to find out truth! We have uniquely acquired it by God's loving grace (which is offered to you the same) but you reject that faith for your own abilities and strengths in finding it for yourselves! If your so able study the Scriptures and prove Them wrong. I have studied them many years now and am convinced of literally everything that is taught! So snappy- You bet for not even my death is a concern for me! Love Steven

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God,

so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear. Hebrews 11:3

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house;

by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith. Hebrews 11:7

But without faith it is impossible to please him:

for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time,

who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. Jude 1:18

>>>>>()<<<<<

.... Wouldn't it be a better to answer a non-believer's questions instead of blasting away at their right to question your beliefs? I don't see how the above is helpful....

Yes

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 1:31

Well

And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Hebrews 1:10

Jesus

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:1-3

Is LORD

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Revelation 4:11

Can You Believe That

For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

Isaiah 54:5

Or No

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 John 4:3

Can You Trust

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

Psalms 12:6

Or No

For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.

Luke 9:26

Really

For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will.

For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 5:21-24

Guest shiloh357
Excuse me? An ATHEIST who has no grounding in ANYTHING is going to tell me I'm not a critical thinker? You flounder about like a dying fish, believing in anything and everything, as long as it's anti-God. You've nothing to stand on, bubba; no morals, no opinions of your own and no standards. Now that's critical thinking......I consider everything you atheists post to be lies and fairy tales. :taped:

Wouldn't it be a better to answer a non-believer's questions instead of blasting away at their right to question your beliefs? I don't see how the above is helpful.

Lurker

She is not challenging his right to question her beliefs. She appears to be pointing to the absurdity of an atheist who knows nothing about the manuscript evidence or how the Bible was transmitted, presuming to accuse her of not being a critical thinker.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

Excuse me? An ATHEIST who has no grounding in ANYTHING is going to tell me I'm not a critical thinker? You flounder about like a dying fish, believing in anything and everything, as long as it's anti-God. You've nothing to stand on, bubba; no morals, no opinions of your own and no standards. Now that's critical thinking......I consider everything you atheists post to be lies and fairy tales. :31:

Wouldn't it be a better to answer a non-believer's questions instead of blasting away at their right to question your beliefs? I don't see how the above is helpful.

Lurker

You don't see a LOT of things, Lurker. But I continue to pray for you. :taped:

As everyone can see, put the missing words back in and the meaning changes completely. Lurker was right. This type of deception by Creation websites is a common practice. I have seen it frequently. Many Creationists, with honest intentions to seek the truth, make the mistake of trusting such sites. They deliberately sow misinformation.

And why, pray tell, do they do THAT?

Pray tell, MorningGlory, why do you think they do that?

I don't do dodge ball.... :sad030:

Howabout ping pong-- ya ya ya ping and then pong and pong and then ping ya ya Howabout it??? :whistling::taped::whistling: I love to serve :31:

:whistling: Now THAT took the angry flush from my face.

Excuse me? An ATHEIST who has no grounding in ANYTHING is going to tell me I'm not a critical thinker? You flounder about like a dying fish, believing in anything and everything, as long as it's anti-God. You've nothing to stand on, bubba; no morals, no opinions of your own and no standards. Now that's critical thinking......I consider everything you atheists post to be lies and fairy tales. :31:

Lurker

She is not challenging his right to question her beliefs. She appears to be pointing to the absurdity of an atheist who knows nothing about the manuscript evidence or how the Bible was transmitted, presuming to accuse her of not being a critical thinker.

Good call. :taped:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

Well said Morning Glory. Sometimes you simply have to give the Magogites both barrels and let the pieces fall where they may. They've been getting away with treating believers like second class citizens and idiots for years now, it's high for them to get some of their own medicine.

The person who wrote the article has made a critical error though. The United States has never been a democracy. We are a representative REPUBLIC. This shows the ignorance of many Americans concerning our government.

Well said Morning Glory. Sometimes you simply have to give the Magogites both barrels and let the pieces fall where they may. They've been getting away with treating believers like second class citizens and idiots for years now, it's high for them to get some of their own medicine.

The person who wrote the article has made a critical error though. The United States has never been a democracy. We are a representative REPUBLIC. This shows the ignorance of many Americans concerning our government.

It IS amazing how many Americans don't know that we are not, and have never been, a democracy. It's not because we're dumb; it's because the schools don't teach it. I learned that after I graduated from college...several years after. As for the Magogites (I like that term!) I guess I'm losing patience with the constant attempts to undermine the faith of believers.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,220
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I guess I'm losing patience with the constant attempts to undermine the faith of believers.

Sometimes I have this mental picture of putting my arm around the really nasty ones and saying to them in a low voice it burns it really burns as we look together down into the flames and then I remember they are blind and cannot see! Love Steven

Guest shiloh357
Excuse me? An ATHEIST who has no grounding in ANYTHING is going to tell me I'm not a critical thinker? You flounder about like a dying fish, believing in anything and everything, as long as it's anti-God. You've nothing to stand on, bubba; no morals, no opinions of your own and no standards. Now that's critical thinking......I consider everything you atheists post to be lies and fairy tales. :laugh:

Lurker

Thanks for restating what i said using different words. I remain unconvinced that blasting someone for questioning your beliefs is a great way to convince them of the superiority of those beliefs. Are the issues raised without answers? Would it not be better to provide those answers than a spoonful of scorn?

Wrong, Lurker. I did not restate your remarks. You said she was challenging his right to question her beliefs. MG did not say he had no right to challenge her beliefs. She is challenging his credibility in the area to speak authoritatively in the area of manuscript transmission. You need to learn how to read.