IGNORED

Lack of something, please help me.

Guest Christian713

Guest Christian713

Hi everyone.

My name is Christian. I'm 16 years old and I live in Miami, FL. I've been with God now, faithfully, for about 2 years. I excepted him into my heart one day when I went with my Aunt to her church. Prior to that, I was Catholic. Baptized Catholic, and grew up somewhat catholic. Religion was never really a big issue with me and my mother. I figure this is due mostly to her always being at work. Anyway, I found a church nearby. An Evangelist church. About a year back, God has been speaking to me. My attitude towards life has changed completely. I try and look at things from a positive point of view. I thank God SO much for all the knowledge he has bestowed upon me.

Anyway, ever sence I've been going to this church, my passion has intensified along with my faith. I pray more, and I fellowship more with other christians on my own free will. But lately, the devil has been on my back non-stop. He tells me things I know I shouldn't think. At one point, he placed in my head that there's no way God can exist. No way just one God made everything. Surprisingly enough, the next day was church and the pastor was preaching about passion. I then realized that was what I was lacking. And thanfully, I got my passion back. :noidea:

Now, I'm having thoughts of that Jesus didn't exist. That the bible is full of errors. My reasoning behind how the bible is possibly full of errors is that there's no way it is exactly written as it is today as it was back then.

I prey and ask God to take away to doubt. I ask him to take away these thoughts, to just let me worship him and go on with my life. I even envy in a way how my friends have no doubts. How they can feel him more than I can. I've even had thoughts coming into my head saying what I feel is just something I make up. Something I can create by myself(I've tested that idea, it didn't work.Thank God). Anyway, I lack something and I'm not sure what it is.

I'm really getting hit hard and I want it to stop. Can any of you offer advise? Something is telling me that one of you can help. Thank you. God bless.

Edited by Christian713

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

First of all - FEAR NOT!

Remember, the only way we can grow is to push through our struggles - not run away from them. There are answers to these doubts, you just need to find them.

Recommendation #1 - find a good book on what is called "Appologetics." (Believe it or not, "appologetics" means "defending the faith," not "appologizing for it"! :noidea: )

Here is a good start: Josh McDowell

Josh McDowell focuses more towards the youth, but IIRC he became a Christian from his search to prove the Bible false (obvioiusly, he found the opposite to be true). He shares what he learned.

Recommendation #2 -

Revelation 12:11

They overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.

There have been times when I'd be plagued with these doubts, too. I always go back in my memory to the times the Lord made Himself real to me. That helps.

But also, really dig into the Word. But don't just read Scripture, take a verse and learn to apply it to your life - and see the difference it makes! The best defense against such doubts is to have the Scriptures come alive through your life. How can doubts stand against a living witness?

OK?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

Dear one,

Glad to hear you have found and stayed with the Lord. I tell you - Satan does these things to me too - even after knowing God for 22 years! He will never give up because you are an object of God's affection - since God created you to know Him!

In those moments - when the struggle is heavy and you are in your bedroom and it even feels hard to breathe.......just say out loud Jesus. There is power in the name. I just got goosebumps even typing that. Demons know him - the devil flees when he hears that name. The name that is the cause of his eternal destruction. He does not want to linger to hear that name again. And if you feel you need to say it a couple of times - then do it. Sing it. You don't need the radio, you don't need to have a voice like Charlotte Church, just say or sing His beautiful name. And watch how the peace comes.......

Neb has got great advice for ya. Dig deep in the word. Jesus himself quoted the word when he was being tempted in the desert. If it was life and breath to him and a source of overcoming temptation and evil - how much more do we need it??

Bless you sister!! when a saint is able to cause harm to his territory, he gets mad. You are doing something right then!!!! :t2::noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/01/2003

I've expereinced thos feelings of doubt too. It's very normal. Satan will attack anything in you to get you trip up. He fights dirty....but you can fight back.

When those thoughts creep in my head, I say: "I take captive that thought and make it obedient to Jesus Christ." And that helps me.

God bless! :cool:

Guest Christian713

Thank you all very much for your advise. This weekend when I went on my first retreat with my church Alpha and Omega to Lake Placid. I was able to come up with my own little technique which is definately working.

I cast you away, Satan, in the name of JESUS.

I'm not sure in what part of the bible it was that Jesus told satan "Away with you Satan" after having spent 40 days in the desert fasting and having Satan tempt Jesus. (I'm really bad with verse referances). But that's where I came up with my own little prayer.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

The more you read the word, the more verses will have addresses. But remember, the words are most important. Mostly it was said "For it is written...." I don't see an exact scripture reference mentioned!! So keep being in the word. It will come!!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest SavedOn22June03

:t2:

Please contact or join tour group for help. We are there for you!

Spiritual Warfare Training Center Luke 10:19 Pastor Philip A. Caristo ll, TH.M. Philadelphia, PA. 19115 Phone: 215-676-3971 Email: Mistysamshadow@msn.com or join our group at: DeliveranceCounselors@msngroups.com. Also you can email me at SavedOn22June03@cs.com.

God bless! Love you in Christ Jesus. Janet DeHart.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

I know sometimes I have those thoughts, but I pray and they just seem to go away.

Ask anything in the Name of Jesus and he will answer according to his will. I think if you pray and ask God to empty you mind of every thought like that in you mind, he will take it out of mind. I know when I pray for me to forget things like that I just Pray and meditate on God, and then when im done, I don't think about it, and it is impossible to remember it when im done praying for me to forget it.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Christian713,

Please know that satan cannot read minds. Only our Father can do that.

What do you mean God speaks with you? What do you mean satan is on your back?

I tell you truly: satan's mo is to get us to think that which is spiritual is physical, and that which is physical is spiritual.

God has given us power over the enemy. Talking to God is the best thing any of us can ever do. He is our Father. He is the closest living relative that we have.

This is why Christ would tell us we have to love our mother and father less than God, that is to say, we should love God more than anyone on earth.

You know they dug up the dead sea scrolls, and oh, there were some excited folks looking deeply into them.

You know what? If they had found any little thing that differed from the original texts at all, they would have made movies and books and all kinds of money; shouting and proclaiming the God's Word as false.

But that didn't happen. You know what happened? The same thing that has happened for centuries. All these wise and prudent scholars, seeking to uncover the mystery, thru archeology and such, all they ever could find was that the Bible was not only accurate, but many times, the Bible is the only reference to lost cities and peoples recorded. They find cities not recorded anywhere else but in the Bible.

It is divinely inspired, as it is His Word and letter to you. Now in Jude, we read that even the arch angel Michael doesn't fool around with satan, but rebukes him in the name of the Lord.

What can you do personnally? I will tell you the Bible way. Christ is the anointed One. Olive oil in Hebrew has 2 Names of God in it. elyjah. El, and Jah. It means the oil of our people. Christ is the oil of our people, He lights the way.

Remember the passover story where God would pass over all of His people if they marked the door posts with the Lamb's Blood? We are to use the oil to anoint His precious temple and you are that, precious one.

"17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are [your flesh body]." (1 Cor 3; KJV)

So, we can ask God to consecrate a bottle of pure olive oil, just like they did with their temple and peoples in the Bible, and put it aside, not to be used for any other purpose. Tell God this is what it is for when you ask Him to bless it. Put some on your head and ask Him to protect you. you can put some around your doorway, in case any spirits try to piggy back their way in thru some one else.

There is nothing special about the olive oil itself. It just is showing God that you understand His Ways, and by your faith, He will make intercession for you.

Most important is to repent. That is to say, know that our morally falling short, which is what "sin" means; hurts our God. Knowing you hurt God is a great thing. It is a starting place for not wanting to hurt God. When we truly desire to please God, we call attention to our own misplaced thoughts and deeds, thereby initiating a reason and method to control ourselves.

Repentance in earnest allows God to see us as perfect. Of course He doesn't want to be asked about the same thing over and over, as He forgot it, and doesn't want to be reminded of it. But on new things, repent, and ask for strength to stop doing what ever you repent of.

1Co 10:11 Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.

everything God has written to you in His letter is for an example to you, so you can learn by it

1Co 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

He is saying to pay attention to this fact or you will fall.

1Co 10:13 There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.

That is pretty plain. He always provides a way out.

1Co 10:14 Wherefore, my dearly beloved, flee from idolatry.

He loves you, so don't let anything, nor any body prevent you from placing God 1st in your thoughts and actions. He wants you to have knowledge of Him. Christ is the door, and He is to be found in the letter He wrote to you, The Bible.

1Co 10:15 I speak as to wise men; judge ye what I say.

He is speaking to you in these verses, as He would speak to very wise people, do you believe Him?

The kind of church that God endorses is the kind of church that teaches His Word. I was wondering what kind of a church you visit? The truth is we are the church, us people getting together to learn God's Word. It isn't really about having fun, listening to music and meeting people that like to have fun.

Now there is nothing wrong with music and dancing and having fun, but God's Word should be the primary focus of the group, and the subjects should match perfectly with God's Word. I am always wary of groups that do all kinds of things, but don't explain the Word of God, chapter and verse. Not just a couple either, if we only hear a couple once a week, then it would take 600 years just do get thru it one time.

So, we need to be fed at God's Table, and be fed serious meals, not scraps.

You are being prayed for. Hang in there. God likes I can kinda children. Don't let this old world get you down. The real promise God gives us while we are here is really peace of mind. It isn't money or any of the earthy delights. Sure, He rewards those who love Him, but each in the way God knows it will fulfill His plan.

We are instructed that this is just the flesh, just temporary. To not fear those who can kill the body, but to revear God, as He can grant you eternal life, or death. So many miss the spiritual God, and seek the worldly God. Our Father is not worldly. Read John ch 17. It is a beautifu prayer Christ prayed once His disciples understood His message. He prayed for us to be saved from the evil one, not to be taken out of the world, but read the message. It is very powerful.

Pro 22:17 Bow down thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge.

God is telling us to read His letter. He wrote it for you, so you can know Him. Wisdom comes from God, not from man.

Edited by sail2awe

• 3 weeks later...

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

We have more attacks when we are following God's will and joining to the fight.

Those that are not in fellowship with God, or those that may be Christians, but are not part of the battle are no problem for Satan. It is only those who God knows and sees going into the battle.

So what if there may be a few errors in a few interpurations of the bible.

While of course I would stay away from many of the modern bibles, As you learn, you can start learning more and more about the bible, how it came into being, and how you can look things up for yourself.

Next these are the tricks, where doe a few eorrs ( if there are any) has to do with there not being a Jesus, Even other writings outside of the bible, show of a Jesus.

Even the Muslems claim that Jesus was born of a virgin, just denies he was God.

There is little doubt that Jesus lived.

Faith come by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Read your bible, pray, and if you continue to be attacked, speak to your pastor about it and have him pray with you, and for you to be protected from this.