IGNORED

Who do you have a deeper relationship with?

~candice~

Your relationship with God  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you have a deeper relationship with?

• God the Father
    • Jesus the Son
    • The Holy Spirit
    • all about the same level of intimacy
    • none of the above

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

How many here have met in person someone you first met on the Board?

Would you say your "Board" knowledge of them was different than their "in person" knowledge of them? Or how you relate to each other or related to each other was different?

Anyway, it's one of those mysteries of God. It's hard enough to define God as 3 yet 1.

Sure, when you pray to 1 you pray to all. And when 1 speaks they all speak.

Yet, Scripture speaks of them as having separate roles.

Jesus was God on Earth in human flesh 2000 years ago. Now the Holy Spirit is God on Earth. Jesus is now in Heaven at the right hand of the Father.

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will teach us. Have you ever asked the Holy Spirit (personally) to teach you (i.e. when reading Scripture or dealing with a problem)? I mean, that is what He does, right? So why not ask Him?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus said the Holy Spirit will teach us. Have you ever asked the Holy Spirit (personally) to teach you (i.e. when reading Scripture or dealing with a problem)? I mean, that is what He does, right? So why not ask Him?

when you pray to 1 you pray to all. And when 1 speaks they all speak.

Like I said - so why not talk to the Holy Spirit?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/26/1983

I think you're missing the point he's trying to make. We all know that when you pray to one, you pray to all. Why is it though that when people pray, they always direct their prayers towards the Father or the Son. Why not the Holy Spirit?

I think you're missing the point he's trying to make. We all know that when you pray to one, you pray to all. Why is it though that when people pray, they always direct their prayers towards the Father or the Son. Why not the Holy Spirit?

Luke 11

1 Now it came to pass, as He was praying in a certain place, when He ceased, that one of His disciples said to Him,

I'm a she, but that's OK - I'm used to it!

And I'm also used to man's theology. We butt heads quite a bit.

But you are correct that he is missing my point. But I shouldn't pick on the kind of relation he has with the Lord. . . nor should he pick on mine.

If the Lord has chosen to interact with me via a revelation of the Holy Spirit, who is to say that is wrong?

But you are correct that he is missing my point. But I shouldn't pick on the kind of relation he has with the Lord. . . nor should he pick on mine.

If the Lord has chosen to interact with me via a revelation of the Holy Spirit, who is to say that is wrong?

I'm not picking on you, so quit saying that....please. This issue has to do with nothing but feelings. One can't have a relationship with the Holy Spirit without including both the Father and the Son. You yourself stated, "when you pray to 1 you pray to all. And when 1 speaks they all speak".

I agree that all three have their own roles to play.

The Father.......the Creator of all things.

The Son.........the Sacrificial Lamb.

The Holy Spirit.....Our Helper.

All three act together as One. You can't have one without the other. It's impossible. You can't hang with the Holy Spirit without hanging out with the Father and Son also. Remove one of those three and you have nothing.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Remove one of those three and you have nothing.

No one is doing any removing. When Jesus taught the disciples how to pray, He told them to pray "OUR FATHER". Using your same logic, you would be accusing Jesus of "removing".

There is nothing wrong with directing your prayers to a member of the trinity rather than to the triune God. Jesus taught us to do it. Jesus did it Himself.

And as we do it, we strengthen our understanding and appreciation of God through the role that this particular member of the trinity acts in.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

I'm not picking on you, so quit saying that....please. This issue has to do with nothing but feelings. One can't have a relationship with the Holy Spirit without including both the Father and the Son. You yourself stated, "when you pray to 1 you pray to all. And when 1 speaks they all speak".

I agree that all three have their own roles to play.

The Father.......the Creator of all things.

The Son.........the Sacrificial Lamb.

The Holy Spirit.....Our Helper.

All three act together as One. You can't have one without the other. It's impossible. You can't hang with the Holy Spirit without hanging out with the Father and Son also. Remove one of those three and you have nothing.

And for what it's worth, Jesus is the creator.