IGNORED

Mandated Reporter

Guest Rootabagga

Guest Rootabagga

I have a little bit of a problem I would like some input on. Over the weekend I had my ex- sister in laws kids. Every night I have a "girl talk" time with the kids, if others want to join they can, and something came up. I took the child aside and we talked alone for her sake, she was very scared to talk. She proceeded to tell me that she was abused last summer by her mothers boyfriends friend. I asked her if she told anyone else and she said yes, her mom but mom did nothing. Now where I work in a school setting and hold a Human Services degree, I am by law a mandated reporter. My question is should I go to the parent first or to the law? The mother is not in contact with the boyfriend anymore thus there is no contact with the accussed man. I am planning on calling DHS tommorrow but was curious as to weither I need to talk to the mother. I have never had to make a report where the parent/gaurdian is NOT the accussed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Kate

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I can only tell you what my conscience is telling me. Go and call the authorities because that "friend" :huh: is still out there right now, what child does he have access to now ??????

All praise the Ancient of Days

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  523
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with Adstar!!

Guest godsmartian

I agree with the first two. If the mom knew and did nothing about it then it is you who has to say something. The mom had her chance.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  02/24/1982

Root,

I know how difficult it is to be in a situation like this, all too well. You need to report it to the authorities. We are to protect the little Children that God has gifted to us. Think of how many more children the friend has possibly abused. You may create some family friction with this but we will all be praying you, your family, and the young girl through!!

God Bless You!!

Amy

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

GO TO THE ATHORITIES,AND GO QUICKLY.

I KNOW FAR TOO MANY WOMEN THAT HAVE BEEN SEXUALLY ABUSED BY FAMILY MEMBERS OR ACQUAINTANCES AS CHILDREN,THAT HAVE KEPT THE SECRETOF BEING ABUSED FOR MANY YEARS,AFRAID AND FEELING VERY ASHAMED TO TELL ANYONE.

THANK GOD THIS CHILD FOUND YOU TO OPEN UP TO AND SHARE THIS WITH.

WE SUPPORT YOU SIS.

I WILL PRAY FOR ALL.

PEACE TO YOU SIS, blessed2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rootabagga

I have made the report to CPS. I have yet to hear anything from my ex- sister-in-law. I am not going to just come out and ask her about it, because then she will know it was me that reported it. I'm not afraid to let her know it was me but if she were to find that out then she wouldn't allow contact with my neice if she is upset by it. The person doing the reporting can not get information regarding the case, meaning I can't call and see what is going on with it, so I have to wait and see. Keep them in prayer please, The 8 year old's name is Shirley and the mothers name is Ruth.

In His Love,

Kate