Guest MICHAEL2267

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

If God knows all the past, future, and present, God wants us to be where we are. He knew the end before the beginning. He knows who will fail him and who will not. While he may grant free will, the outcomes have already been decided. It's a perplexing process that I need help in understanding if anyone knows about this.

Whenever I speak about predestination, I have to include foreknowledge.

Romans 8:29

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

To me, God looked down through time and knew, at that very moment, who would accept His Son and who would not. Through this foreknowledge, He predestined us to fit into His plan, to do His works.

Ephesians 2:8-10 (New King James Version)

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/09/1987

If God knows all the past, future, and present, God wants us to be where we are. He knew the end before the beginning. He knows who will fail him and who will not. While he may grant free will, the outcomes have already been decided. It's a perplexing process that I need help in understanding if anyone knows about this.

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

To me, God looked down through time and knew, at that very moment, who would accept His Son and who would not. Through this foreknowledge, He predestined us to fit into His plan, to do His works.

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.

Some believe predestination is based on God's foreknowledge, others believe it is nothing to do with what God foresaw in a person but totally unconditional. It is a mystery and there are plenty of scriptures to wrestle with on both sides. May the Holy Spirit lead!

Guest TillmanCT

Make a lists of questions and post them, that you have if you had the answers 2, that would give you understanding to this perplexing process that you need help with, and I will answer them for you, If the Lord be willing.

Edited by TillmanCT

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

Some believe predestination is based on God's foreknowledge, others believe it is nothing to do with what God foresaw in a person but totally unconditional. It is a mystery and there are plenty of scriptures to wrestle with on both sides. May the Holy Spirit lead!

The Spirit does lead, my friend. Feel free to speak your mind on the matter as I have. We are all here to grow with each others help, as the Spirit leads ... iron sharpens iron.

Guest hank0687

God does not effect the outcome of any situation. He simply knows you better than you know yourself. He knows what your choice will be. As he knows the number of hairs on your head.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  09/16/1946

Here's another angle on predestination: God's plan is to send us a Messiah and those who believe will be redeemed and saved. God has predestined those who receive the Gospel and respond accordingly to forgiveness and eternal life, while those who reject the Gospel and continue in thier sinful ways will die in their sins and suffer eternally. According to my undestanding, predestination is contingent upon our choices and decisions-- choose Life, you are predestined to life based on that decision-- reject Life and you are predestined to death contingent upon that choice. God offers the gift and makes the rules-- what we do with the rules determines the outcome according to God's plan, conceived before the foundation of the world. In my view, it's no more confusing than that.

Blessings,

N~

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Moved from Worthy Welcome to Doctrinal Questions

Guest shiloh357

Biblical predestination pertains to what God has predestined for believers to become. God does not predestine our choices or who will or will not get saved. His predestination for you pertains to what He wants you to eventually become, namely conformed to the image of His Son, according to Ephesisans 1.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  08/26/1980

The outcome is decided by us, just because God knew what we would do does not mean he made us do it.

We have free will to accept or reject Jesus Christ, God simply predestines us according to the advanced knowledge He had of what we would do

• Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Our omniscient God works out His holy & determinative will as He sees fit. Any decisions rendered by us are already eternally taken and divinely interwoven into His holy will. We propose; God disposes. :thumbsup: