IGNORED

Who is restraining the man of lawnesses?

Blien

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

Yeah, I heard that it was the HOLY SPIRIT through the body of believers. I think that is more correct than one angel holding back the Anti-Christ. We are the salt of the earth right? And when we are taken away, the whole world is going to fall apart because there will be no one to restrain sin.

But regarding the term "The Anti-Christ"... there is an Anti-Christ and there are spirits of Anti-Christ. Scripture does indeed define this, check it out..

1 John 2:18-19

18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 19 These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us.

Back to the topic though, I wonder why some people though it could be an angel? The angels sometimes need help too. I remember Daniel (chapter 4 I think) when Micheal the Arch-Angle had to help Gabriel because of the spirit price of Persia who was restraining him.

The KJV, and those bibles that follow the same manner, capitalize the word "antichrist" where the original does not. The word does mean of one who opposes Christ, yet God does not call him one person. but a man who is a complete antichrist. There is a difference and today's theology has taken this word and placed it on the man or lawlessness, which scripture does not. We need to be careful ... Satan is the only true antichrist, and he gives his power to others. Satan does not come to the scene himself and take on the form of a man, but gives his power to a man who is already born.

Satan operates in counterfeits. Just as there is the trinity consisting of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Satan will have the anti-Christ(counterfeit occultic Christ), and the false prophet. Jesus had His earthly ministry, Satan will have his time to do the same. 2nd Thessaolohians chapter2 talks about this person. The son of perdition. Vs. 4 mentions how he will oppose and exalt himself above God and show himself to be God. This is indiciating that he will have his time to rule in this world. Vs.9 mentions where he will get his power from.

The Illuminati are the ones who are plotting this one world government that the anti-Christ will be the head of. They are going to make way for a leader when the new world order comes into effect.

Daniel chapter 7 talks about how the world will be divided into 10 kingdoms. They are working towards that now. vs.25 mentions how this anti-Christ will make war with the saints.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Yeah, I heard that it was the HOLY SPIRIT through the body of believers. I think that is more correct than one angel holding back the Anti-Christ. We are the salt of the earth right? And when we are taken away, the whole world is going to fall apart because there will be no one to restrain sin.

But regarding the term "The Anti-Christ"... there is an Anti-Christ and there are spirits of Anti-Christ. Scripture does indeed define this, check it out..

18 Dear children, the last hour is here. You have heard that the Antichrist is coming, and already many such antichrists have appeared. From this we know that the last hour has come. 19 These people left our churches, but they never really belonged with us; otherwise they would have stayed with us. When they left, it proved that they did not belong with us.

Back to the topic though, I wonder why some people though it could be an angel? The angels sometimes need help too. I remember Daniel (chapter 4 I think) when Micheal the Arch-Angle had to help Gabriel because of the spirit price of Persia who was restraining him.

The KJV, and those bibles that follow the same manner, capitalize the word "antichrist" where the original does not. The word does mean of one who opposes Christ, yet God does not call him one person. but a man who is a complete antichrist. There is a difference and today's theology has taken this word and placed it on the man or lawlessness, which scripture does not. We need to be careful ... Satan is the only true antichrist, and he gives his power to others. Satan does not come to the scene himself and take on the form of a man, but gives his power to a man who is already born.

Satan operates in counterfeits. Just as there is the trinity consisting of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, Satan will have the anti-Christ(counterfeit occultic Christ), and the false prophet. Jesus had His earthly ministry, Satan will have his time to do the same. 2nd Thessaolohians chapter2 talks about this person. The son of perdition. Vs. 4 mentions how he will oppose and exalt himself above God and show himself to be God. This is indiciating that he will have his time to rule in this world. Vs.9 mentions where he will get his power from.

The Illuminati are the ones who are plotting this one world government that the anti-Christ will be the head of. They are going to make way for a leader when the new world order comes into effect.

Daniel chapter 7 talks about how the world will be divided into 10 kingdoms. They are working towards that now. vs.25 mentions how this anti-Christ will make war with the saints.

Hi, This is defiantly an area I need to study more, I have always supported the view that the antichrist is one man, but after praying about it, and studying revelation 12 and 13, revelation 12 describes Satan as a dragon, and then in 13 shows the image of satan in the kingdoms of man.

Satan is operating in counterfeits, Jesus was the image of the invisible God. Satan will imitate that creating out of the world his image in the kingdom of men. Scripturally I can no longer support the antichrist being one man, In 2 thess 2 the man of sin, the individual state of man in men.

Now the dragon is satan, and revelation 12:3 gives a description of satan. If you look at revelation 13, the best which will rise up is in the image of satan. I have not found any reference to the individual "One man in the image of Satan" the counterfeit would be the 7 heads and 10 horns.

Revelation 12:3

3 And another sign appeared in heaven: behold, a great, fiery red dragon having seven heads and ten horns, and seven diadems on his heads

Revelation 13:1 Then I stood on the sand of the sea. And I saw a beast rising up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads a blasphemous name.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

1. The Illuminati is a defunct group. Adam Weishaupt created it and it died out with him.

2. Daniel wrote about how the FOURTH KINGDOM (which was the Roman Empire) would be divided into 10 Kingdons. Those kingdoms were as follows:

1. Anglo-Saxons

2. Franks

3. Allemans

4. Burgundians

5. Visigoths

6. Suevi

7. Vandals

8. Heruli

9. Bavarians

10. Ostrogoths

3. The little horn (not some mythical antichrist dictator) would make war with saints. Interestingly enough, Revelation 13 states the exact same thing, only the writer (John) calls the war-maker 'the Beast'. The Beast was....Nero. Mr 666 was....Nero. Nero's name adds up to...666.

Ignoring history in your eschatology is the road to utter confusion.

So then, back to the original topic. Paul states that the restrainer of the man of sin is a WHAT, not a WHO/WHOM. The WHAT is an event. The event as I mentioned before is the loosing of Satan. Once Satan is loosed, we get both apostasy and heresy abounding. Apostasia means departure from a standard. In this case, the standard is written Scripture. Once apostasy begins and takes hold, you get heresy, outright lies spoken in the name of God concerning His Word. Satan is the arch-heretic, the original Liar. Who twisted the Scripture from the beginning? Satan. Whom does Paul call the one who is the working power behind the man of sin? Satan. In order to be able to work fully to deceive the nations, Satan must be loosed. As long as Satan was bound, the Gospel was free to go out, and go out it did. Did Satan fight against it? Of course. Did he win? No. But he DID fight...and he lost. The Gospel has gone out to the entire known world. Christianity became pre-eminent throughout the world. Were there other religions? Yes. Were there cults and isms? Yes. BUT THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH AND ITS TEACHING FROM THE SCRIPTURE REMAINED PRE-EMINENT...

If I had to give a definite event or time as to when Christianity lost (or has begun to lose) its pre-eminence, I can't at this point. I suspect that the event is the advent of nuclear power. What would make men think that they were godlike more than the possession of nuclear power. Oddly enough, once nuclear power became available, other breakthroughs in science (both true and false) began to make their way onto the world scene. Man's knowledge began to increase exponentially and is still doing so. The more man knows, the more god-like he thinks he is...and the more he begins to ACT LIKE A GOD. Telling people what they can believe. Telling people what to do. Allowing almost anything morally. Developing cures for and vaccines against various diseases. Man is living longer as a result, and I am of the opinion that it will not be too long before we see people living to be 100+ on a regular basis, in fact, we're already seeing it. There will be greater and greater seemingly miraculous things yet to come and man will take credit for them> AFter all, if man can invent medicines that prolong life, is he not god-like? If man can fly to Mars and back, is he not god-like? If man can bring about peace (even if it means locking up or restricting all of those religious nuts, is he not god-like? (Yeah, you get the picture, or at least I hope you do. This is an example of some of the nonsense Satan is whispering into the ears of his blind Magogist followers.)

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  4,271
  • Content Per Day:  4.92
  • Birthday:  06/03/1955

It is the "catching away" (rapture) of the Church (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17) that removes the restraining power from the earth. The restrainer is the Holy Spirit abiding in and empowering the Church to resist Satan's dominion. It would be impossible for the Holy Spirit to be the sole restraining power that is removed, thereby leaving the Church on earth without any power.

• Topic Count:  346
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/26/1982

Bold Believer, I just have one question for you with regards to all that you have said. Why does your language come off as very strong? Do you fear that we won't listen to you? I mean, I could even say that you come off as condescending as if you know all the answers with this matter instead of just joining us on the ride to discovery?

I don't know for others here, but to me its very disrespectful.. I immediately remembered, Jobs words to his friends when his friends were treating him the same way.

Job 12:2-3

"You people really know everything, don't you? And when you die, wisdom will die with you! Well, I know a few things myself--and you're no better than I am. Who doesn't know these things you've been saying?"

I'm not saying this to offend you brother.. but you might want to just read over what you wrote and ask yourself, if that is the way you would like to be spoken to when you are seeking the opinion of others.

Bold Believer, I just have one question for you with regards to all that you have said. Why does your language come off as very strong? Do you fear that we won't listen to you? I mean, I could even say that you come off as condescending as if you know all the answers with this matter instead of just joining us on the ride to discovery?

I don't know for others here, but to me its very disrespectful.. I immediately remembered, Jobs words to his friends when his friends were treating him the same way.

Job 12:2-3

"You people really know everything, don't you? And when you die, wisdom will die with you! Well, I know a few things myself--and you're no better than I am. Who doesn't know these things you've been saying?"

I'm not saying this to offend you brother.. but you might want to just read over what you wrote and ask yourself, if that is the way you would like to be spoken to when you are seeking the opinion of others.

Blien, I don't think you know just how far the poison of heresy has crept into the Body. Pre-tribulationism has SO polluted eschatology that it is being taught as absolute truth rather than one of many opinions. Since when did it become wrong to become firm? I don't stomach false teaching well at all, and so when I hear it and see it, I respond strongly to it. I hate to see people falling for things which aren't true. Let me ask you this: If you saw someone about to consume poison, would you not speak in the strongest terms to keep them from being poisoned? I certainly hope so.

Parker, even if I believed in the rapture in the same manner as you, the text doesn't say anything about it being what triggers the entrance of the man of sin. In fact, if anything, it mitigates against it. The gathering together to meet the Lord cannot occur until the apostasy and the advent of the man of sin, so regardless of when one believes the rapture will occur, it must occur after the man of sin comes on the scene.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day (the Day of the Lord from the context of the previous verses) shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

So then there are at least 2 things which must occur before the Day of the Lord and our gathering to meet him. apostasy and the advent of the man of sin. When you couple those facts with the greatest fact of them all: the fact that Jesus said the resurrection would occur on the Last Day, it's doubtful that the rapture has anything to do with the man of sin's appearing.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Bold Believer - Are you a preterest? :emot-heartbeat:

Guest man
it's doubtful that the rapture has anything to do with the man of sin's appearing.

You're right, it doesn't.

Bold Believer - Are you a preterest? :emot-heartbeat:

Partial preterist. Most accurately, I'm a last-day adventist, meaning I believe the resurrection (and the accompanying rapture) occur on the last day, followed by the judgment of the wicked and their condemnation. (Not to be confused with 7th Day Adventism, the Judaizing cult of Ellen G. White.)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  247
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/04/1973

1. The Illuminati is a defunct group. Adam Weishaupt created it and it died out with him.

It's not a defunct group. Their symbology is right on the american dollar bill. Plus, there are people who've gotten out of the Illuminati and have exposed all their functions. All one needs to do is look at how things keep getting worse and worse without any resolution to se that there are peopel working behind the scenes to keep us down.

2. Daniel wrote about how the FOURTH KINGDOM (which was the Roman Empire) would be divided into 10 Kingdons. Those kingdoms were as follows:

1. Anglo-Saxons

2. Franks

3. Allemans

4. Burgundians

5. Visigoths

6. Suevi

7. Vandals

8. Heruli

9. Bavarians

10. Ostrogoths

10 kingdoms will be geographical locations that the world will get divided into.

3. The little horn (not some mythical antichrist dictator) would make war with saints. Interestingly enough, Revelation 13 states the exact same thing, only the writer (John) calls the war-maker 'the Beast'. The Beast was....Nero. Mr 666 was....Nero. Nero's name adds up to...666.

The beast is just another name for the anti-Christ, the counterfeit Christ. Daniel8:24,25 refersw to him. his power will be mighty(he gets his power from Satan), he will cause the craft to proser(that is refering to witchcraft, the occult). He will be a destroyer. He will use the one world government consitution to persecute anyone who doesn't follow him during the time he has his reignn on earth. Til Christ comes back to finish him off, he will have one world government.

Ignoring history in your eschatology is the road to utter confusion.

You are good with "accusations." Your also very rude and obnoxious.