• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

It is an urgent call in our day. The apostle Paul put it this way in 2 thessalonians 2

5Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? . . . and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Earlier in the letter, Paul calls us to avoid speculations.

Considering the urgent tone of the letter and the certain condemnation involved in not believing the truth and loving the truth, doesn't it make sense to give our all to discovering the truth. to not listen to speculation but to search diligently and in dependence on the Holy Spirit to be absolutely 100% certain that we have the truth.

Just wondering how you all felt about this and to what importance you think it's generally given to be making certain we have the truth here in these last days. Sometimes in reading a certain passage or a book about certain topics, the words sound loud and exclamatory to my mind. Generally, those are the parts that stay with me, that I seem to know are 'Truth'. later on, in reading or seeing certain related things, then I can keep or discard, according to the remembrance i have, in accordance with what the apostle John has said "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you think that all the Truth to be discovered has been discovered? Do you feel that the seals are still coming off the Holy Scriptures and that there is a last remaining bit of Truth to be discovered especially for our time?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  550
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  2

Political truth is libel; religious truth, blasphemy--William Hazlitt.

When it comes to Daniel and Revelation, I never tell the whole truth; just bits and pieces.

Guest yod
Do you think that all the Truth to be discovered has been discovered?

no

Do you feel that the seals are still coming off the Holy Scriptures and that there is a last remaining bit of Truth to be discovered especially for our time?

yes

Guest lovinghim4ever

Truth will NOT set anyone free if that someone doesn't first know and accept it as truth.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest man
It is an urgent call in our day. The apostle Paul put it this way in 2 thessalonians 2

5Don't you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? . . . and in every sort of evil that deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Earlier in the letter, Paul calls us to avoid speculations.

Considering the urgent tone of the letter and the certain condemnation involved in not believing the truth and loving the truth, doesn't it make sense to give our all to discovering the truth. to not listen to speculation but to search diligently and in dependence on the Holy Spirit to be absolutely 100% certain that we have the truth.

Just wondering how you all felt about this and to what importance you think it's generally given to be making certain we have the truth here in these last days. Sometimes in reading a certain passage or a book about certain topics, the words sound loud and exclamatory to my mind. Generally, those are the parts that stay with me, that I seem to know are 'Truth'. later on, in reading or seeing certain related things, then I can keep or discard, according to the remembrance i have, in accordance with what the apostle John has said "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Do you think that all the Truth to be discovered has been discovered? Do you feel that the seals are still coming off the Holy Scriptures and that there is a last remaining bit of Truth to be discovered especially for our time?

There is nothing hidden where the truth is concerned. The truth is there for those who want it and are willing to accept it.

The verses you posted are speaking of a time to come. It is a prophecy that has yet to be fulfilled.