IGNORED

What is the one thing we most need to do in this late hour?

Gideons300

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  24
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

If God came back tomorrow and judgement day occurred and He said the words "Depart from me, all ye that work iniquity", then based on Acts 3, where Peter says:

"Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities."

Acts 3:28

then why is it that our hearts do not tremble?

The entire message of the gospel is that God came to delived us from sin, not just its penalties. Yet we have forged a Christianity that promises much, but delivers little. We are told that sin shall not have dominion over us, that we will be set free indeed, that we are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the spirit of God dwells in us. We are told that with every temptation, we will be given a way of escape, and that our shield of faith will quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. We are given precious promises they we are made more than conquorers, can do all things thru Christ who strengthens us, are new creatures in Christ with old things passed away, and that we are now light in the Lord. Yet what do we see? A body that has let unbelief root so deeply, that we somehow transform these promises to mean the exact opposite of what they clearly tell us, as we have forged a Christianity that offers a contentment that does not involve godliness or holiness. Why is it that no one stands up and says "What is wrong here?" Why is it that individual hearts do not cry out for the glorious liberty of the children of God? Where are the saints who so hunger after the presence of the Lord, knowing that Christ came to set them free from their sins, not in them, that they beat their breasts, saying "God, be merciful to me! Sin still has me!"?

What exactly is being "saved to the uttermost" ? Is it a walk where defeat and depression are the norm, where religion and attempts at good works are substituted for a real relationship with a very real Jesus? Or is it actually being able to overcome satan by the blood of the lamb and the word of OUR testimony and walk with our flesh "put off" as we walk in the new man.

Paul wrote the Galatians and said:

"Nothing profits but a new creature."

Galatians 6:15

What shall we do about this? What is the one thing most needful in this late hour?

"This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart. Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

But ye have not so learned Christ; If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness."

Ephesians 4:17-24

Brothers and sisters, my fear here is that if we stay on our present course, the vast majority of believers will walk into judgement day unprepared. May these scriptures challenge us and then enlighten us. God's salvation is a salvation from the sinful nature that plagues us, that brings His church into bondage, making us modern day Samsons, once powerful yet now found grinding corn for our enemy.

Listen, all who truly hunger after more. We are destined for liberty but until we mix the truth with faith, it will not profit us. Is it not time we put on the armor God has provided us and stopped agreeing with our enemy. Samson became a hero of faith listed in Hebrews 11 because in the end, He cried out to God to use Him one more time and restore God's power to overcome to him. God heard his cry and turned a blind broken man into the very power of God. It is our turn now. What shall our response be?

Blessings,

Bruce

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

The entire message of the gospel is that God came to delived us from sin, not just its penalties. Yet we have forged a Christianity that promises much, but delivers little. We are told that sin shall not have dominion over us, that we will be set free indeed, that we are not in the flesh, but in the spirit, if so be that the spirit of God dwells in us. We are told that with every temptation, we will be given a way of escape, and that our shield of faith will quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one. We are given precious promises they we are made more than conquorers, can do all things thru Christ who strengthens us, are new creatures in Christ with old things passed away, and that we are now light in the Lord.

God bless you Bruce!

This is not a popular message today. But I think you have hit the nail on the head with the very first sentence. Our belief should not be confined to a forgiveness of sins; while this in itself is a beauty to behold, it is not the end of our faith and nor of what He promised for us. We are to mature in the faith, to be freed from sin, to grow in our knowledge of Him.

I think part of the problem is that man seeks doctrine and teachings from the church and not from the Word. Many of the teachings that I read and hear today ends with the forgiveness of sins.

I don't want to end on a sad note though... I have actually met saints here who seek the Lord, study His Word, and believe in His mighty power on earth today, to free people not only from the penalty of their sin but also from sin themselves.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  955
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  11,318
  • Content Per Day:  1.89
  • Days Won:  33

Oops I did want to add one more thing... an answer to your title question "What is the one thing we most need to do in this late hour?"

Psa 27:1-14 CJB

1 [by David:] Adonai is my light and salvation; whom do I need to fear? Adonai is the stronghold of my life; of whom should I be afraid?

2 When evildoers assailed me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and foes, they stumbled and fell.

3 If an army encamps against me, my heart will not fear; if war breaks out against me, even then I will keep trusting.

4 Just one thing have I asked of Adonai; only this will I seek: to live in the house of Adonai all the days of my life, to see the beauty of Adonai and visit in his temple.

5 For he will conceal me in his shelter on the day of trouble, he will hide me in the folds of his tent, he will set me high on a rock.

6 Then my head will be lifted up above my surrounding foes, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, sing praises to Adonai.

7 Listen, Adonai, to my voice when I cry; show favor to me; and answer me.

8 "My heart said of you, 'Seek my face.' " Your face, Adonai, I will seek.

9 Do not hide your face from me, don't turn your servant away in anger. You are my help; don't abandon me; don't leave me, God my savior.

10 Even though my father and mother have left me, Adonai will care for me.

11 Teach me your way, Adonai; lead me on a level path because of my enemies -

12 don't give me up to the whims of my foes; for false witnesses have risen against me, also those who are breathing violence.

13 If I hadn't believed that I would see Adonai's goodness in the land of the living, . . .

14 Put your hope in Adonai, be strong, and let your heart take courage! Yes, put your hope in Adonai!

David was not speaking of this late hour, but his words here are equally applicable. Even in this late hour we should be dwelling in the house of Jehovah, and seeking His face. Desiring to be taught by the Lord and not man, putting our faith in Him and in Him alone. Knowing that He will deliver us from all our enemies.

Praise the Lord!

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  895
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  1

Obey what we know and understand from scripture and then obey those daily leadings. If we the Church, could be more like Christ, what a powerful church we would be.

e

PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY, PRAY,

.....and then pray some more!

:whistling:

.....and then pray some more!

:whistling:

>>>>>()<<<<<

Yes!

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:12-13

And Amen!

Do all things without murmurings and disputings:

That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;

Holding forth the word of life; that I may rejoice in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither laboured in vain.

Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all.

For the same cause also do ye joy, and rejoice with me. Philippians 2:14-18

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

See the Cubs win the World Series :whistling:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,229
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Oops I did want to add one more thing... an answer to your title question "What is the one thing we most need to do in this late hour?"

Psa 27:1-14 CJB

1 [by David:] Adonai is my light and salvation; whom do I need to fear? Adonai is the stronghold of my life; of whom should I be afraid?

2 When evildoers assailed me to devour my flesh, my adversaries and foes, they stumbled and fell.

3 If an army encamps against me, my heart will not fear; if war breaks out against me, even then I will keep trusting.

4 Just one thing have I asked of Adonai; only this will I seek: to live in the house of Adonai all the days of my life, to see the beauty of Adonai and visit in his temple.

5 For he will conceal me in his shelter on the day of trouble, he will hide me in the folds of his tent, he will set me high on a rock.

6 Then my head will be lifted up above my surrounding foes, and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy; I will sing, sing praises to Adonai.

7 Listen, Adonai, to my voice when I cry; show favor to me; and answer me.

8 "My heart said of you, 'Seek my face.' " Your face, Adonai, I will seek.

9 Do not hide your face from me, don't turn your servant away in anger. You are my help; don't abandon me; don't leave me, God my savior.

10 Even though my father and mother have left me, Adonai will care for me.

11 Teach me your way, Adonai; lead me on a level path because of my enemies -

12 don't give me up to the whims of my foes; for false witnesses have risen against me, also those who are breathing violence.

13 If I hadn't believed that I would see Adonai's goodness in the land of the living, . . .

14 Put your hope in Adonai, be strong, and let your heart take courage! Yes, put your hope in Adonai!

David was not speaking of this late hour, but his words here are equally applicable. Even in this late hour we should be dwelling in the house of Jehovah, and seeking His face. Desiring to be taught by the Lord and not man, putting our faith in Him and in Him alone. Knowing that He will deliver us from all our enemies.

Praise the Lord!

The Word's of God are well formed in you Andy! Love in Christ Steven

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  210
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0

I BELIEVE WHAT MUST WE BE DOING IN THIS LATE HOUR CAN BE SUMMED UP IN TWO WORDS..............LOOKING.........OCCUPY

Titus 2:12-14 (King James Version)

12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Jude 1:20-22 (King James Version)

20But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,

21Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.

22And of some have compassion, making a difference:

2 PETER 3

17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

18But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Luke 19:12-14 (King James Version)

12He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, OCCUPY TIL I COME.

OUR GOD IS SO VERY GOOD!!! :-)