IGNORED

Does Science Prove God Exists?

Guest Watchman_2
Blessings watchman, but I must say that you have not "demonstrated" more than your own opinion, merged with some scripture in your posts, and you do it again (admittedly not from scripture this time) with your comment on the "discovery" of the ark in western Iran.

I applaud your zeal for seeking the truth, but caution that we can read too much into scripture at the expense of the truth (who is Jesus)

As Turtellian said "we prefer to be less wise in the scriptures, than to be wise against them". Spoken over 1400 years ago, but holding true today.

The proof is there -- not by my words, but by the Word of God! I just teach the Word of Truth -- unashamedly and without apology. It is between you and God to decide your sincerity and motives in this matter. I am not here to judge you nor is it my concern whether the seeds of Truth that I plant here sprout and grow in you. Unless one has the spirit of slumber placed upon them [Rom. 11:8], one either is a wise person or not with respect to knowledge.

As the Word of God states long before Turtellian:

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Pro 11:9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Pro 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish

Pro 14:18 The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.

Pro 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

In rejecting the Word of God for your tradition of man, you are failing to follow Turtellian's advice. And, far more importantly, the scriptures above inform you of your folly in rejecting knowledge.

Edited by Watchman_2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  2.00
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Blessings watchman, but I must say that you have not "demonstrated" more than your own opinion, merged with some scripture in your posts, and you do it again (admittedly not from scripture this time) with your comment on the "discovery" of the ark in western Iran.

I applaud your zeal for seeking the truth, but caution that we can read too much into scripture at the expense of the truth (who is Jesus)

As Turtellian said "we prefer to be less wise in the scriptures, than to be wise against them". Spoken over 1400 years ago, but holding true today.

The proof is there -- not by my words, but by the Word of God! I just teach the Word of Truth -- unashamedly and without apology. It is between you and God to decide your sincerity and motives in this matter. I am not here to judge you nor is it my concern whether the seeds of Truth that I plant here sprout and grow in you. Unless one has the spirit of slumber placed upon them [Rom. 11:8], one either is a wise person or not with respect to knowledge.

As the Word of God states long before Turtellian:

Pro 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge?

Pro 2:3 Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

Pro 2:4 If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Pro 2:5 Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Pro 11:9 An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.

Pro 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish

Pro 14:18 The simple inherit folly: but the prudent are crowned with knowledge.

Pro 15:2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

In rejecting the Word of God for your tradition of man, you are failing to follow Turtellian's advice. And, far more importantly, the scriptures above inform you of your folly in rejecting knowledge.

Nope, you see, what I have a concern with is that you are imposing you idea of "knowledge" on others. Opinion is great, it is how we discuss things, and iron does sharpen iron. You say that you judge not, but then use words like folly, and rejecting.

This in a way is judgment, because you do not know me, or many others on this board, and dismiss their knowledge if it does not align with your own opinion. There are some very wise people here, people whose council I have learned to trust. You would be well advised to do the same.

Because if you read the scripture you posted above (14:18), and use the word folly as you have, you have taken scripture out of context, and applied your own meaning once again. And you accuse me of rejecting the Word of God? :thumbsup: See? Again the judgement :whistling:

I will debate with anyone, on condition that it is cordial, and honors Jesus (and the TOS on these boards :whistling: )

.....In rejecting the Word of God for your tradition of man, you are failing to follow Turtellian's advice. And, far more importantly, the scriptures above inform you of your folly in rejecting knowledge....

Daddy Knows Best

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Proverbs 14:12

>>>>>()<<<<<

There Is One

Surely he scorneth the scorners: but he giveth grace unto the lowly.

Proverbs 3:34

Who Always Tells The Truth

God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?

Numbers 23:19

Even Here You See

And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Genesis 7:23

And Here

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 3:36

Ain't God Grand!

Guest Watchman_2
Nope, you see, what I have a concern with is that you are imposing you idea of "knowledge" on others. Opinion is great, it is how we discuss things, and iron does sharpen iron. You say that you judge not, but then use words like folly, and rejecting.

This in a way is judgment, because you do not know me, or many others on this board, and dismiss their knowledge if it does not align with your own opinion. There are some very wise people here, people whose council I have learned to trust. You would be well advised to do the same.

Because if you read the scripture you posted above (14:18), and use the word folly as you have, you have taken scripture out of context, and applied your own meaning once again. And you accuse me of rejecting the Word of God? :blink: See? Again the judgement :laugh:

I will debate with anyone, on condition that it is cordial, and honors Jesus (and the TOS on these boards :rolleyes: )

If you don't like 14:18, there were plenty more scriptures provided to show you God's position regarding 'knowledge'. God clearly defines those that disdain Truth in a negative context. Basically, one is either a seeker of Truth, and is wise, or not. and is a fool. Most choose to be fools in order to preserve their respective religious-hack beliefs.

The Young-Earth religion is one of those typical religious-hack belief systems. It is simply a lie -- and so easily disproven, as I have done. I have cordially shown you, and the other viewers, why such belief system is unbiblical. It is not opinion -- but fact for those who believe in the Word of God.

As a teacher of the Word of God, it simply is insufficient to express an 'opinion' about a factual issue, as if those that have a different view have an acceptable belief too. There cannot be acceptable opposing positions and have them both be considered 'biblical'. If God's Word represents Truth, then one or the other position is correct or neither are correct. However, both cannot ever be correct. Hence, as a teacher, I defeat the arguments of those that oppose the Truth.

That way, those, who are taught the Truth and still choose not to convert themselves to it, do so at their own peril. It is one thing to be 'ignorant', having never been taught the Truth. Surely, God understands this and does not hold them accountable. However, it is far worse to be of the 'willingly ignorant', having been exposed to the Truth, yet choose to be/remain religious hacks instead. I would think that God considers such people fools for doing so.

And, your reaction is also typical of those choosing to be fools in order to preserve a set of religious-hack beliefs. Instead of objectively viewing the information and allowing the Word of God be the determining factor in establishing one's beliefs, the religious hack likes to classify all such proof as 'opinion', thereby providing justificaction in their own mind for sticking with their respective tradition-of-man hack doctrine.

Either one will allow the Word of God to be their guide in formulating beliefs or will allow hack traditions of man guide them. One either believes the Word of God or not. The Word of God disproves Young-Earth theory, as the world that perished did not perish with Noah's flood. It is a simple Truth to ascertain for anyone that cares to seek it.

....That way, those, who are taught the Truth and still choose not to convert themselves to it, do so at their own peril....

Sin

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

Dear One

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

Is The Issue

He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:31

And Hell Is Real

And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:47-48

And Only The Blood Of Jesus

Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: 1 Peter 1:18-19

Six Day Creationist Or Not, Will Save A Fellow

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

>>>>>()<<<<<

Dear One, Trust

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Galatians 4:6

Love, Joe

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Does Science Prove God Exists?

First we need to understand the boundary and limit of human science. Science is based experiments can be carried out inside a 3D space. We (science by far) can't go beyond our 3-dimensional time-space framework/paradigm. That's the problem of science.

Now the first sentence of the Bible,

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

It is possible that God created not just our 3D space only. "Third heavy", "Hades"...etc. could well be other spaces (or heavens originally). And we also have the "new heavens and new earth", could it be just another universe? Everything seems to be possible and more importantly it is apparently outside the reach of our science. Does science prove God exists? I do think the question in prior to that is that 'can science go abit further beyond its current capability?!

Edited by Hawkins

• Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

I was saved Jan 1,1990 and since that time I have seen this conversation framed with just about every possible architecture possible but the only answer never changes. No matter the slant or the spin it always comes down to who's care do you put your eternal destiny. Will you trust your eternal welfare to God or will you put it into the hads of mortal man, sinful man. (Rom. 3:10 & 23)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  88
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/27/1983

Either one will allow the Word of God to be their guide in formulating beliefs or will allow hack traditions of man guide them. One either believes the Word of God or not. The Word of God disproves Young-Earth theory, as the world that perished did not perish with Noah's flood. It is a simple Truth to ascertain for anyone that cares to seek it.

Interesting. You say that one either believes the Word of God or man's yet in almost the same breath state that His Word disproves young-earth theory. So which is it? God's Word or man's word?

Interesting. You say that one either believes the Word of God or man's yet in almost the same breath state that His Word disproves young-earth theory. So which is it? God's Word or man's word?

Amen!

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

Beloved, He Is Banned!

>>>>>()<<<<<

Keep On Keeping On

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. Jude 1:3

In Love

But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Luke 6:35-36

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Ephesians 5:19

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  116
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  342
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  01/25/1945

I also find that statement interesting. Being a minor Apologist I see a veiled illusion to the Gap Theory for which there is no, absolutely none, biblical support. Since the Biblical Account of Creation lies within the first chapter of the Bible and with God being omnipotent it is impossible that Moses transcribed the Hebrew word for a 24 hour periob incorrectly and God let it stand.

I do not speak nor do I read ancient Hebrew but I have had Jewish teachers that do and I have been seated under Christian Teachers that do and the style of writing for the first chapter of Chapter one has been found consistent with the Egyptian and Hebrew influences Moses would have experienced. The problem, it seems to me and to others, arises out of the word "replenish" used in the 1611 English translation in verse 28 of the same chapter. The extremely accurate, word for word, translation of the NASB renders the same word fill. From my research on the King's English of the 17th century, replenish meant and was oft used for fill. So it stands that without this one misunderstood word by the simple (only for the lack of research) that there is no case at all for the Gap theory.

Today, I'm a peculiar person, I believe God had recorded just what He meant.