Gift to North Korea from Mugabe - Noah's Ark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  9

Wildlife conservationists and many others are concerned with Robert Mugabe's bizarre plan to gift North Korean Dictator, Kim Jong Il. North Korea has one of the worst human rights reputations in the world and there is considerable alarm that they will treat these beautiful animals any better. This is terrible, imo.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/05/18/mugab...trage/?hpt=Sbin

News reports last week said the animals, reportedly two of every species in Zimbabwe

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

bizarre! time for the both of them to, how do I put this nicely, not live anymore.

North Koreans are in terrible condition - there is starvation and deprivation .... these animals are not going to be taken care of - the people themselves are in dire need.... they certainly do not have the funds or the environment to take care of them - it's an horrific slap in the face of those North Koreans who are barely living to know that their government may feed and care for exotic animals from another country better than they will the hungry children of their own country. It's awful.

I actually know of people (family, actually) who work in Development who deny that North Koreans are in dire need. It almost seems hopeless :noidea:

I actually know of people (family, actually) who work in Development who deny that North Koreans are in dire need. It almost seems hopeless :noidea:

I personally know former North Koreans who have family still there who would disagree with that. I believe that if NK is ever publically exposed to the world, there will be horrific human suffering revealed there.

North Koreans are in terrible condition - there is starvation and deprivation .... these animals are not going to be taken care of - the people themselves are in dire need.... they certainly do not have the funds or the environment to take care of them - it's an horrific slap in the face of those North Koreans who are barely living to know that their government may feed and care for exotic animals from another country better than they will the hungry children of their own country. It's awful.

Think Maybe Kim Jong-il Is Going To Use Them As Barbecue In His "I Torpedoed The Warship Cheonan And Killed 46 Sailors " Party?

>>>>>()<<<<<

Take counsel together, and it shall come to nought; speak the word, and it shall not stand: for God is with us.

For the LORD spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying,

Say ye not, A confederacy, to all them to whom this people shall say, A confederacy; neither fear ye their fear, nor be afraid.

Sanctify the LORD of hosts himself; and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread. Isaiah 8:10-13

Praying!

I personally know former North Koreans who have family still there who would disagree with that. I believe that if NK is ever publically exposed to the world, there will be horrific human suffering revealed there.

Its already been exposed. Many times. Many, many times. Unfortunately, politics and "whats in it for us" takes precedence over helping these people.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, no one has ever accused either Robt. Mugabe or Kim Jong (mentally) Il of being entirely sane!

I actually know of people (family, actually) who work in Development who deny that North Koreans are in dire need. It almost seems hopeless :whistling:

Its already been exposed. Many times. Many, many times. Unfortunately, politics and "whats in it for us" takes precedence over helping these people.

I'm confused with your 1st comment. That some "deny" there are North Koreans in dire need. They are very much in dire need and there has been little exposure of the actual horror that citizens of the country are faced with everyday. Foreign journalists have been able to get out some information - but since the country has been in the grips of Kim Jong Il - and his father before him.... it has not been universally known just how bad the situation was there. I think if there is ever an open door policy with this country - it will provide irrefutable evidence of conditions that are horrific.