Marilyn777

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20
  • Days Won:  0

I'll tell you what is a disgrace and sad is the fact that he has insulted many people, talked down to them, and various other things in this thread. This kind of bahavior is not tolerated on any board and frankly I'm surprised that you are more concerned about the way I said goodbye. I'm also surprised at you KitKat because in the Ciao thread, you were supportive of Tess and asked her not to leave.

Tess has now left WB crying, hurt, and has a skewed take on Christian message boards and no longer wants to be a part of them. That's who I feel bad for is her. She's only 15 and has such a conviction for the Lord and does not deserve this treatment. That's all I have to say.

huh???

Read the entire thread and then refrence "Ciao".

What BPC is refering to is eric's attitude and people's lack to call him on it, yet they'll call us on how we say "goodbye" to him. That causes me to raise my eyebrow.

I did read the whole thread.... :t2:

Ah, I didn't know, you sounded confused :)

I just find it somewhat discouraging that three new people are jumped on and the only one who sticks up for them are...the three new people being jumped on. Eric leaves, two of us are short with our "goodbyes", and immediately we are called a disgrace while other agree with it. It's almost as if there's a xenophobic mindset here that it's okay to jump on new people. What Eric did was wrong and was uncalled for, yet no one jumped on him. Yet because people are short with their words to a tenured member, they get jumped on. Does anyone see the double standard in this?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  120
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I did call Eric on it...but I don't want to see someone as wise and gifted as he is leave either....Is that the Christian viewpoint???

I don't think so, folks... :)

I did call Eric on it...but I don't want to see someone as wise and gifted as he is leave either....Is that the Christian viewpoint???

I don't think so, folks... :t2:

Well now, I didn't say I wanted him to leave :)

I guess it's just part of me, while I recognize the need for grace, I equally see the need for accountability among the brethren. So it ruffles my feathers when people are allowed to get away with damaging remarks and those that question them get in trouble.

Ah, I didn't know, you sounded confused

if you think I am, then I know you are.... :) threads don't have a specific timeline when it is ok or not to get in....I don't want to see anyone in Christ leave, and I don't think it was right to just say goodbye without saying something else to stay, even if it means chastizing or correcting him...IMHO of course... :t2:

• Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,244
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

in my mind now he is forgiven iv already throne in my 2cents.

Ps. please try and PMing her and ask her to :hug: come back to us

But im still disapointed with him very much so...

Edited by Trinity

Guest Calamity

No, it's not a Christian viewpoint, and it shows, to me, haughtiness and arrogance. In spite of words that were said, there was no call to be harsh and short replying to eric. That only makes the situation worse.

To treat someone like that, like "I don't care if you leave or not", is a disgrace, IMO. Eric is our brother in Christ, like Tess is our sister.

Guest kitkat
I'll tell you what is a disgrace and sad is the fact that he has insulted many people, talked down to them, and various other things in this thread. This kind of bahavior is not tolerated on any board and frankly I'm surprised that you are more concerned about the way I said goodbye. I'm also surprised at you KitKat because in the Ciao thread, you were supportive of Tess and asked her not to leave.

Tess has now left WB crying, hurt, and has a skewed take on Christian message boards and no longer wants to be a part of them. That's who I feel bad for is her. She's only 15 and has such a conviction for the Lord and does not deserve this treatment. That's all I have to say.

huh???

Read the entire thread and then refrence "Ciao".

What BPC is refering to is eric's attitude and people's lack to call him on it, yet they'll call us on how we say "goodbye" to him. That causes me to raise my eyebrow.

I did read the whole thread.... :t2:

Ah, I didn't know, you sounded confused :)

I just find it somewhat discouraging that three new people are jumped on and the only one who sticks up for them are...the three new people being jumped on. Eric leaves, two of us are short with our "goodbyes", and immediately we are called a disgrace while other agree with it. It's almost as if there's a xenophobic mindset here that it's okay to jump on new people. What Eric did was wrong and was uncalled for, yet no one jumped on him. Yet because people are short with their words to a tenured member, they get jumped on. Does anyone see the double standard in this?

Ummmmmm, Super Jew, I was once NEW here too and my first day here I was jumped on by several people and only one person came to my defense, so I know how it feels, but I'm over that. I feel really bad for Tess. I don't want to see her hurt at all and leave here crying. My heart goes out for her, but at the same time, eric has been around for quite a while and he has a lot of good things to offer.

I want to add here so nobody will blame me with being hypocritical. I posted to Tess in the CIAO thread because I hurt for her and I don't want to see her leave and that post to her was genuine and from my heart and I hope and pray that she will return. What's wrong with looking at this objectively?

THINGS happen.

Kat

Edited by kitkat

Why don't we all take the advice or should I say command of Jesus and turn the other cheek. :hug:

I agree...

I don't want to see anyone in Christ leave, and I don't think it was right to just say goodbye without saying something else to stay, even if it means chastizing or correcting him...IMHO of course... 

I am not going to encourage him to stay or leave. It is his choice. That has (and always has been) my viewpoint with people. It is their choice. If they come back, I am happy. If not, I move on. I feel it is not my place to try to encourage or discourage someone from making a decision unless they happen to be an extremely close friend.

No, it's not a Christian viewpoint, and it shows, to me, haughtiness and arrogance. In spite of words that were said, there was no call to be harsh and short replying to eric. That only makes the situation worse.

To treat someone like that, like "I don't care if you leave or not", is a disgrace, IMO. Eric is our brother in Christ, like Tess is our sister.

Calamity, where were you when Eric was being mean to people? Consistancy is key.

Ummmmmm, Super Jew, I was once NEW here too and my first day here I was jumped on by several people and only one person came to my defense, so I know how it feels, but I'm over that. I feel really bad for Tess. I don't want to see her hurt at all and leave here crying. My heart goes out for her, but at the same time, eric has been around for quite a while and he has a lot of good things to offer.

It doesn't make it any less wrong. I would hope from that expirience you would seek to change the way people are handled. We have a sister in the Lord who was hurt by the topic and cried because of it, we our advice is to "Suck it up" and "turn the other cheek"?

A few years back at a church I use to attend, the deacons and elders within the church had a hard choice. The pastor we had was amazing. He was full of wisdom, expirience, and knowledge. The church grew from 500 people to over 3,000 people during his tenure. Unfortunately he became distrustful of new people. He began to not care abou tthem or their feelings. He was harsh with them. He hurt a lot of feelings and eventually, not only did the church not begin to grow, but people began to leave. The deacons and elders wanted to approach him about his ways, but in fear of him, and the fact he had helped several of them, they didn't. It wasn't until the church had dwindled down to the verge of collapse they talked to him. They told him while his wisdom was appreciated, his attitude was not. He left because of this meeting. The church grew and God did a working on that pastor. God broke him down and built him back up.

Sometimes we have to chastize and correct the people we love the most. Eric is obviously loved on this board and I have no doubt has helped many people along. Yet this doesn't give him, or anyone, a "get out of jail free" card. When someone does something wrong or something that hurts another brother or sister in Christ, we need to point out to them. Sometimes with the knowledge that it will hurt their feelings. Unfortunately, this entire topic has been handled wrongly (ref Matthew 18:15). Yet the fact remains, the attitude presented by Eric was wrong. I am not attacking his character or his stance in the Lord. I am saying his conduct in this specific topic was unbecomming of a Christian (like mine has been in many other topics). We should not be afraid to point this out to people. Kitkat, you have been on the borads a while it seems, and so has your husband. So has Calamity. I participate on another board where I have been a member for around 4-5 years. So obviously I know everything that goes on over there. For the longest time I bashed on new people and made sure they understood they were not welcome if they had a differing opinion. What happened to this board? It came near "death". Since that time, the people I've had to correct the most have been the people I've chatted with for over 4 years. It hurts them and it hurts me at the time, but it helps us grow.

There is a time for grace and a time for accountability. I make this post that we might understand sometimes those who have been around for a while have to keep each other in check.