• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Shiloh, I do have a question for you.

What is your take on what this site (others claim it to, this just expresses it better) claims about the meaning of El Shaddai?

I would say they are spot on. El Shaddai means "the many breasted one." It expresses that God is more than sufficient to meet all of our needs. He possesses unlimited resources. He is more than enough.

In light of that, I am reminded of the following:

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

(Eph 3:20)

The use of breasts (Shadaim) is anthropromorphic for God's complete over sufficiency to meet our needs. It in no way indicates that God has a female side. God is always represented by the personal pronoun "He" in Scripture. There is no gender duality with God.

Thanks, Shiloh! This helps.

One more question -

"anthropromorphic"? :whistling: would you translate that please?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member

How can God help the female in her time of need if He doesn't know what she needs?

God having a feminine side doesn't mean He is a sissy or anything like that.

It just means that He knows how to relate to the female psyche.

You are operating outside of Scripture. God is not a man. God is God and He is always represented in the male gender without exception. He does not have to be female to understand women and how they operate. God created women to be as they are and it only follows that He understands and relates perfectly to His creaetion. You bring yourself in line with how Scripture represents God.

This does bring up another question, though, which would make a whole new topic.

But where does the feminine come from?

(Emotionally driven, relationship oriented, likes change, etc.)

• Group:  Royal Member

the thing is, dave, you're saying He's like you--male. He's not like me--female. it's all fine and dandy for you males. but how can i relate, as a female, to that? i cannot. males, throughout time have been hurtfull and authoriterian to females. not a good picture of the Godhead.

females, although pressed down, have good characteristics. now people are saying God has no female characteristics. where are females in the picture??

I understand what you are saying, Charitow. I've struggled with this as well (as my post above indicates.)

Dave's right, though, in that we can't compare God to the sin of man. I know, easier said than done!

I've been praying for the Lord to teach me the love of the Father, to know the Father's heart, to understand His love. I've had some bad male examples in my life, too.

Dear Father, please reveal Yourself, Your heart, Your love, to Charitow. Bring her to a place where she can feel Your love, really feel it. Please lead her into Your healing. Beauty for ashes. Teach her Your ways.

Thank-You

Guest shiloh357

What is your take on what this site (others claim it to, this just expresses it better) claims about the meaning of El Shaddai?

I would say they are spot on. El Shaddai means "the many breasted one." It expresses that God is more than sufficient to meet all of our needs. He possesses unlimited resources. He is more than enough.

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

The use of breasts (Shadaim) is anthropromorphic for God's complete over sufficiency to meet our needs. It in no way indicates that God has a female side. God is always represented by the personal pronoun "He" in Scripture. There is no gender duality with God.

Thanks, Shiloh! This helps.

One more question -

"anthropromorphic"? :whistling: would you translate that please?

It is the attribution of human characteristics to non human objects or non human beings. God does not have a body as we know it, but the Bible uses references to his eyes, ears, mouth, arm and so forth to communicate His character and operations in terms we understand and for which we have a point of reference. All of those things are anthropromorphisms.

Guest shiloh357
How can God help the female in her time of need if He doesn't know what she needs?

God having a feminine side doesn't mean He is a sissy or anything like that.

It just means that He knows how to relate to the female psyche.

You are operating outside of Scripture. God is not a man. God is God and He is always represented in the male gender without exception. He does not have to be female to understand women and how they operate. God created women to be as they are and it only follows that He understands and relates perfectly to His creaetion. You need to bring yourself in line with how Scripture represents God.

This does bring up another question, though, which would make a whole new topic.

But where does the feminine come from?

(Emotionally driven, relationship oriented, likes change, etc.)

They come from God. That is how God has (generally speaking) hard-wired women. Its like the magnetic poles. If both are + or - they repel. He designed the qualities of the female gender to complement the male gender in human beings. Men and women are supposed to be attracted to the qualities found in the opposite gender.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,741
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/30/1959

I disagree babe.. can't interchange He with She..

Okay. Why not ?

Because it's a false doctrine.

C'mon Blien. you can't just spout a platitude. I'm honestly asking 'why not' ?

Making God in our image is a very dangerous thing to do.

If the Scriptures say, "He," it's best to stick with "He."

I have considered you able to think according to the spirit vs. the letter. I'm not making God in my image. I am, however, spending real time thinking on Him, according to His Word. I do not want to be caught following the traditions of men.

AAARGH - forget gender neutrality. there is no gender PERIOD with God

Making God in our image is a very dangerous thing to do.

If the Scriptures say, "He," it's best to stick with "He."

Now thats the ticket. Anything else is poppycock.

yes that's the ticket allright. shows you're not thinking

Actually sister,

God is shaped like a man anatomically. Jesus Christ sits on the Throne of Heaven as God and remains a man.

Peace,

Dave

hmm. interesting. but are not God and Jesus separate Beings (even though they are One)? and what about before Jesus became a man.... what anatomical features did He have then?

God the Son may be a man--physically. is God the Father? did He also change His Being? how can Spirit (God is Spirit) have anatomical features?

we read Jesus sits at the right hand of God