• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  187
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  678
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/23/1959

Should faith in God be "blind" or should it require evidence? What do you think?

I think in the beginning it should be blind but God is always giving us plenty of evidence to keep it from being blind. When you first become a Christian you really have to step out in faith to believe that God really is in control. But He constantly proves Himself over and over again. For instance in the Praises thread when that Bible against all odds got to my friend Mercy in Cameroon. God made it happen, in my mind there is no doubt! :rofl: What do you think? Do you have any evidence or comments to share?

Jesus Is The Answer!!

Marilyn

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Marilyn,

Yet again you post another thought provoking post. This is truly an interesting topic. In the beginning of one's relationship with God, I do agree it should be blind and solely based upon the newfound faith. However, who is to say he is not proving himself from the beginning? To me it truly does depend on the person for God has his own specail relationship with each of his children, for not one of us is exactly the same we all have different needs spiritually, emotionally, as well as physically.

Once again, great post!

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The bible says By grace you are saved through faith. There is no denying that there is physical evidence that God exists. Mere creation points to the fact that there is a Creator. I think that it initally takes the child-like faith and then the evidence just stregthens the faith that you already have.

Guest Called

Marilyn...this topic reminds me of a bumper sticker that I saw on my way home from work yesterday, it really stuck with me..it said..

Sometimes you have to believe before you can see

Great topic, as always..I don't know how you do it! :rofl: :hug:

Guest sinner2saint

Great question, Marylin :lightbulb:

Certainly the creation itself is evidence of God's existence. However, faith is still required in order to accept the biblical account of creation in Genesis.

"By faith we understand that the universe was formed at God's command, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible." - (Hebrews 11:3)

If you have evidence, is it really faith?

I would have to say that true faith does not require evidence. If it did it wouldn't be faith.

-Just a thought

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Having to require full evidence before believing defeats the purpose of faith. Likewise, blind faith defears the purpose of having a reason to believe.