IGNORED

Is it truly possible to love others as we love ourselves?

Gideons300

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Sister,

I apologize if I have offended you. I really wasn't trying to. Taken in conjunction with your previous posts I found this series to expound upon your previous position which appears to be all Grace and easy on the Truth. That's just not going to work and it's not the Gospel that I have received.

Peace,

Dave

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  11,128
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  54
  • Birthday:  12/07/1952

Sister,

I apologize if I have offended you. I really wasn't trying to. Taken in conjunction with your previous posts I found this series to expound upon your previous position which appears to be all Grace and easy on the Truth. That's just not going to work and it's not the Gospel that I have received.

Peace,

Dave

And Dave, if my post above was a bit out there, please forgive me, it's been a long day, with a tough series of stressful meetings and it did not end too well either. Perhaps I should not post when coming from such a place in my day.

Spurgeon said, "Go nowhere you cannot go after prayer".

I should pray more.

Blessings

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

If you would stop being so egotistically conceited and head over heels madly in love with your 'great self', then you would understand that the verse means that you should ONLY HAVE ENOUGH REGARD FOR OTHERS "AS" you have for yourself.

Are you speaking generally or specifically about someone? Just wondering...

The ones speaking ill, are speaking about me...and enjoying it. The 2nd replier to my post, which started this whole thing, insisted on debate or argument...as he did not attempt to get any clarification at all BEFORE tearing my post apart. His approach was brash and very hurtful...and humiliating. He didn't seem to care at all to who he was speaking to...as his first statement was not even to me, but to everyone, telling them how he was going to show my errors. My post was very open to respectful conversation and others ideas, and even disagreements, because I like to learn from others.....however, I was not ready for or desired strong debate/dispute.

SO, does a believer in Jesus HAVE to defend themselves (altho if they do...they really get it then!!), put up with being TOLD you ARE wrong (which halts discussion and puts up defenses)...or desire or have to put up with strong debate in order to post here on this site??? I'd like to know.

It is a discussion forum - people will discuss, debate and sometimes even disagree. If you are unable to understand that, perhaps you should limit your posting to praise and prayer instead of threads which will become debates. I honestly did not know what the comment was about and asked a simple question. I think I have read other threads where you have posted and expressed your feelings, others are free to post theirs too. If we are wrong - we need to be told where we are wrong and corrected - if that upsets you, perhaps you are being too sensitive. Please calm down - Blessings.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  68
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Sister,

Peace,

Dave

"Thats not going to work" might work for you....however, it saved my life. God saved my life...and it was only because of His grace. Just because you don't think it works does not make you an authority. Do you know ALL about God's grace...in it's entirety??? Tell me, do you?? Also, about God and His entirety?? You don't. You and yours truly hurt me...as I suppose I was unprepared for the on-slaught.

I do forgive you, altho I am still dealing with this...

Sister,

Peace,

Dave

"Thats not going to work" might work for you....however, it saved my life. God saved my life...and it was only because of His grace. Just because you don't think it works does not make you an authority. Do you know ALL about God's grace...in it's entirety??? Tell me, do you?? Also, about God and His entirety?? You don't. You and yours truly hurt me...as I suppose I was unprepared for the on-slaught.

Sister,

We all agree that God Saved our eternal souls. :whistling: The fact that He has Saved us leads us to a conclussion. There are those that remain unsaved and remaining unsaved leaves us falling short, condemned, and in danger of damnation. God is Just and He will Judge. Because He Loves, He Judges. The Judgment and condemnation are this;

Joh

Sister,

Peace,

Dave

Sister,

We all agree that God Saved our eternal souls. :whistling: The fact that He has Saved us leads us to a conclussion. There are those that remain unsaved and remaining unsaved leaves us falling short, condemned, and in danger of damnation. God is Just and He will Judge. Because He Loves, He Judges. The Judgment and condemnation are this;

Joh

Edited by missjenny

God's Grace exemplified is the Gospel. :whistling:

In that respect I grasp the Truth of Gods Grace. However, having not been fully Sanctified, I don't think that any of us this side of heaven can speak with complete authority on the subject outside of the Word of God and that is the point of contention and discussion. :blink:

Peace,

dave

If you would stop being so egotistically conceited and head over heels madly in love with your 'great self', then you would understand that the verse means that you should ONLY HAVE ENOUGH REGARD FOR OTHERS "AS" you have for yourself.

The ones speaking ill, are speaking about me...and enjoying it. The 2nd replier to my post, which started this whole thing, insisted on debate or argument...as he did not attempt to get any clarification at all BEFORE tearing my post apart. His approach was brash and very hurtful...and humiliating. He didn't seem to care at all to who he was speaking to...as his first statement was not even to me, but to everyone, telling them how he was going to show my errors. My post was very open to respectful conversation and others ideas, and even disagreements, because I like to learn from others.....however, I was not ready for or desired strong debate/dispute.

SO, does a believer in Jesus HAVE to defend themselves (altho if they do...they really get it then!!), put up with being TOLD you ARE wrong (which halts discussion and puts up defenses)...or desire or have to put up with strong debate in order to post here on this site??? I'd like to know.

It is a discussion forum - people will discuss, debate and sometimes even disagree. If you are unable to understand that, perhaps you should limit your posting to praise and prayer instead of threads which will become debates. I honestly did not know what the comment was about and asked a simple question. I think I have read other threads where you have posted and expressed your feelings, others are free to post theirs too. If we are wrong - we need to be told where we are wrong and corrected - if that upsets you, perhaps you are being too sensitive. Please calm down - Blessings.

Ok, then your wrong! Sorry, just kidding...kinda. I believe approach is everything...I am not talking about disagreeing. "If I knew everything about everything, and have not love, then I what good am I?" 1 Cor. 13: 2 >> It should not be left at the door of this Christian forum when entering. We do not have expression, tone of voice, knowledge of the person or intent....all we have are words. Which means they need to be used carefully....unless, like I said, it is a place to leave behavior at the door and just carry in your version of the truth. I've seen some strong posts in here....yet they did not tear anyone up or their thoughts. They stated their beliefs and then invited discussion, and insight....and yes, disagreement. But, they did not ask for others to paragraph, by paragraph tear their posting apart at the very onset of the posting, as if, at least looking as if, trying to derail the whole thing. This is where one must calm down as you say....when approaching others.

Yes, also, all kinds of people will post in here....and so to automatically think that everyone is as tough as you or others is not a good thing...

Anyway, I am very sensitive to hurting people, and I am sure...as some have told me...that there are others that are too...and they do not post as often as they would like because of the response they may get from some...so, should we only cater to the tougher? :thumbsup:

Thanks for listening.... :blink:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

Ok, then your wrong! Sorry, just kidding...kinda. I believe approach is everything...I am not talking about disagreeing. "If I knew everything about everything, and have not love, then I what good am I?" 1 Cor. 13: 2 >> It should not be left at the door of this Christian forum when entering. We do not have expression, tone of voice, knowledge of the person or intent....all we have are words. Which means they need to be used carefully....unless, like I said, it is a place to leave behavior at the door and just carry in your version of the truth. I've seen some strong posts in here....yet they did not tear anyone up or their thoughts. They stated their beliefs and then invited discussion, and insight....and yes, disagreement. But, they did not ask for others to paragraph, by paragraph tear their posting apart at the very onset of the posting, as if, at least looking as if, trying to derail the whole thing. This is where one must calm down as you say....when approaching others.

Yes, also, all kinds of people will post in here....and so to automatically think that everyone is as tough as you or others is not a good thing...

Anyway, I am very sensitive to hurting people, and I am sure...as some have told me...that there are others that are too...and they do not post as often as they would like because of the response they may get from some...so, should we only cater to the tougher? :thumbsup:

Thanks for listening.... :blink:

I like all the verses...

1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

I assure you, love is not left at the door here. People are free to agree, disagree, ignore, etc.... Now, who automatically thinks others are as tough? That wasn't what I said - Me, tough?? That is hilarious to those who know me - I am far from being tough or devoid of sensitivity - but we cannot be overly sensitive, either. 'man' was right - don't let things get you rattled and angry. Remember.... regarding love - it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs...

...Anyway, I am very sensitive to hurting people, and I am sure...as some have told me...that there are others that are too...and they do not post as often as they would like because of the response they may get from some...so, should we only cater to the tougher? :thumbsup:...

Ah Shucks Dear Sister

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. Proverbs 27:6

It Doesn't Hurt All That Much

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

Especially When We Point Each Other To Jesus!

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2

>>>>>()<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psalms 103:1

Love, Your Brother Joe