Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

It has been hard to set my mind on things above,but I am overcoming the things that beset me for God&my marriage :)

• 4 weeks later...

• Content Count:  3

I agree with you that we should keep our focus on Jesus, but in reality are we? How many, to spite the fact that any of us could be run over by an 18 wheeler the next time we get into a car, go through life thinking we have much time go grow and become strong Christians. It is sort of like, "well I'll make the decision to come to Christ tomorrow for today I just can't do it." How many sermons have we set through getting people to respond to the calling of the Sprit? We must if we are going to prevail be strong in Christ.

Edited by theonlywayback

• 2 weeks later...

....you know how to do this please tell me because Ive been searching for years to find out :huh:

:thumbsup:

Simply

Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11

Jesus

Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. John 15:3-4

Eat

But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Mark 4:4

And Be Blessed Beloved

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 1516

Love, Joe

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. John 3:3

• 2 weeks later...

Set your mind on the things above.

One of the biggest challenges facing Christians today is the focus and involvement in the things on the earth. Many things seek to occupy a believer

Just wanted to point out that the end of Matthew 6:33 reads "and he will give you everything you need". God doesn't always give us what we want, because a lot of times we allow our human nature determine our wants. But he gives us what we need to fulfill our purpose which is only found in him. As we align our will with Gods will what we really need from him becomes what we want. So we begin trusting Gods will more and more knowing that our purpose is set in his will, and as our creator he is also our sustainer. When we developed this mindset all of our prayers will be answered because where Gods will is invited Gods will will be done.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

One of the biggest challenges facing Christians today is the focus and involvement in the things on the earth. Many things seek to occupy a believer

Guest A. Brother

Dear Brothers and Sisters:

This post accurately depicts where we are today. Running and gunning, busy with so many things. Yet Christ said to Martha, "Only one thing is needful."

We must disengage from much of our involvement. We must work with our hands, so that we may provide for each other, and live quiet and godly lives, (as our brother Paul said), focused on Christ, which is that one needful thing Jesus spoke of. Too many of us have swallowed hook, line and sinker the bait laid out for us by the

prince of this world, who lures us with supposed needs. We cannot love the world and the things in the world, be pursuing them, be desiring them, and still be with Christ. This is the great lie that is upon us in this current society and current age.

This brother has laid out the truth. We must die, and Christ must live in us, so that we are seated in heavenly places with Christ, even while we go about our earthly business. And that earthly business must be kept simple and straightforward, without "selfish ambition" becoming its theme. We must live simply, and be available for the Kingdom in any way Christ needs us.

My blog, http://narrowgatepub.blogspot.com is dedicated to the narrow road with Christ. Our Lord says "few will find it". Therefore, make sure you're looking for Christ, and not for religion, or safety and security, or a "good life now". Those who follow Christ will suffer many things, as He did. That is our high calling, and unleashes His resurrection power.

To all those who seek Christ with their whole hearts: May His Kingdom come and His will be done in us today.

A. Brother

• 1 month later...
Guest christlike37