IGNORED

Converting from atheism to agnosticism

nebula

The Problem With Atheism. Agnosticism and Theism Is These Religious Philosophies Will Not Name

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

The Name Of Jesus The Christ

These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God. 1 John 5:13

So They Are Lost

Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. Acts 4:12

And Without

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. John 3:18

Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

I do not believe that the Creator God who has endowed us with a sound mind, common sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forgo their use. We are all atheists about most of the gods humanity has ever believed in, its just that many people have gone one god further in their un-belief, and his name is Lucifer!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I do not believe that the Creator God who has endowed us with a sound mind, common sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forgo their use. We are all atheists about most of the gods humanity has ever believed in, its just that many people have gone one god further in their un-belief, and his name is Lucifer!

Are you saying they don't believe in Lucifer? They probably don't but the fact that they have conferences, and preach about those who believe in God, shows a common belief and cause. In that respect, they ARE a religion. But you will never get an atheist to admit that. This 'religion' of theirs is satan inspired, even though they don't know it. What a pointless, empty existence.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  203
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/12/1960

Hazard and Morning Glory I agree with you both. What an empty life it must be without God and believing that this earthly life is all that there is. I have something to look forward to after I die and atheist say how can you believe this. I believe because of the prophecy of Gods Word not only has prophecy come to pass it is happening right before our very eyes.

Things in this world is lining up with Gods Holy Word and happening just as it is written in the Word of God.

.... I do not believe that the Creator God who has endowed us with a sound mind, common sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forgo their use. We are all atheists about most of the gods humanity has ever believed in, its just that many people have gone one god further in their un-belief, and his name is Lucifer!

.... Hazard has taken a quote from Richard Dawkins and modified the tail-end of it. The first part of the quote is representative of all people, and the last part of atheists in particular. The whole quote reads: "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Atheists do not believe in the existence of Lucifer anymore than they believe in the existence of God. Why would they?....

Truth To Tell

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Brother Hazard Got The Right Of It

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:5-6

And Poor Cold Mr Dawkins

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Psalms 1:1-3

Has The Wrong Of It

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. Psalms 1:4-6

Parading Around

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Revelation 3:17-18

Naked

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

In His Conceit

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

And Although I Pray For Him

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44

Dear Marsh I Shamelessly Hope For The Happiness Of You And Yours

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

>>>>>(<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 1 Peter 1:22

.... I do not believe that the Creator God who has endowed us with a sound mind, common sense, reason, and intellect intended us to forgo their use. We are all atheists about most of the gods humanity has ever believed in, its just that many people have gone one god further in their un-belief, and his name is Lucifer!

.... Hazard has taken a quote from Richard Dawkins and modified the tail-end of it. The first part of the quote is representative of all people, and the last part of atheists in particular. The whole quote reads: "We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further."

Atheists do not believe in the existence of Lucifer anymore than they believe in the existence of God. Why would they?....

Truth To Tell

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Corinthians 4:3-4

Brother Hazard Got The Right Of It

For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus' sake.

For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:5-6

And Poor Cold Mr Dawkins

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Psalms 1:1-3

Has The Wrong Of It

The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

For the LORD knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish. Psalms 1:4-6

Parading Around

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Revelation 3:17-18

Naked

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

In His Conceit

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

And Although I Pray For Him

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

>>>>>(<<<<<

Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently: 1 Peter 1:22

Thank you Holy Spirit for showing it, and thank you Joe for seeing it. Thank you Joe for all your prayers toward every one of us on this board. I pray the Holy Spirit be with you in full measure Joe in all you say and do. Haz.

"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good." (Psalm 14:1).

All Hell Is Set Against This City

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Marsh - what I find amusing is that you are defending your non-belief as if it is a belief.

And I marvel at how you and other atheists are either unable or unwilling to see this.

That is why I am impressed with this man in the OP - he had the brains and courage to critically analyze his own belief (or non-belief if you prefer).

That is why I am impressed with this man in the OP - he had the brains and courage to critically analyze his own belief (or non-belief if you prefer).

You mean because you like what he said you think he is more honest. Nebula, I posted what I thought of his analysis, but nobody chose to discuss it with me. I believe he was wrong (or should I be more emphatic and less compromising: He was wrong!)

Here's another take on him: He was a weak atheist, uncertain of his views, a 5 on Dawkins' scale. He couldn't concur with the confidence of the others and thinking they were excessively confident decided he was less so and thus recognized his true position was that of an agnostic, a 4 on Dawkins' scale. Read my first post to see why I think (believe) he was mistaken in his analysis of what he observed.

Just Gotta Keep Those Pesky Questioning Scientists In Step With The Party Line Don't Cha Know

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. 2 Timothy 4:2-4

After All Why Would Dawkins And His Congregation Want Him Healed

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18

When Insanity Will Do

And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them. Romans 1:28-32

>>>>>()<<<<<

Reason

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

And Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

Are Still Open

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. Jeremiah 31:3

To Whosoever Will

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Come

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. Matthew 11:28-30

>>>>>()<<<<<

Believe

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

Joe

Thank you Joe. May you too be blessed with happiness to the end of your days.

Marsh

Amen!

Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? John 11:25-26