• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/23/1971

It is really raining here - however - it is much needed!!! :thumbsup:

Anyway, I am getting a break from all the outside work that needs to be done. This morning I put on my rain gear and took a wet walk. I checked out all the new growth from my pruning in the fall and early spring. Wow - all the new growth, it's amazing. We too are like that - I was thinking about this as I walked and checked out all the work/pruning I had done and it pays off year after year - we get more and more growth which produces more and more fruit. Anyway, we also need to be pruned in our walk to Christ. Ya', it might hurt, but in order to make way for us to grow it needs to be done. Maybe it's someone who is holding us back or something we are doing or whatever it is - we must acknowlege what that is and prun ourselves. It might be hard but it is necessary for us to keep growing in our faith.

Love, sister-in-Christ,

Jane

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Wow, I like that. Pruning hurts but brings much fruit!

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

That is very true!

John 15:5

5"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Very true post, nobody said being a Christian would be painless.

I been telling myself for along time "No matter how bad or painful things get, the sun will always rise in the morning".

....we also need to be pruned in our walk to Christ. Ya', it might hurt, but in order to make way for us to grow it needs to be done....

Amen!

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23:24

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

It is really raining here - however - it is much needed!!! :whistling:

Anyway, I am getting a break from all the outside work that needs to be done. This morning I put on my rain gear and took a wet walk. I checked out all the new growth from my pruning in the fall and early spring. Wow - all the new growth, it's amazing. We too are like that - I was thinking about this as I walked and checked out all the work/pruning I had done and it pays off year after year - we get more and more growth which produces more and more fruit. Anyway, we also need to be pruned in our walk to Christ. Ya', it might hurt, but in order to make way for us to grow it needs to be done. Maybe it's someone who is holding us back or something we are doing or whatever it is - we must acknowlege what that is and prun ourselves. It might be hard but it is necessary for us to keep growing in our faith.

Love, sister-in-Christ,

Jane

I called about a pruning quote- and man-they wanted like $300 for every tree!

• Group:  Senior Member

It is really raining here - however - it is much needed!!! :emot-LOL:

Love, sister-in-Christ,

Jane

I called about a pruning quote- and man-they wanted like $300 for every tree!

:( wow!!! where do you live and how big are these trees/bushes/shrubs???

me thinks me hubby should pay me for the pruning I do - I'll take $100 for every tree :shofar:

Literally! I was pruning the tree in my front yard a few years back, and the largest branch must have been a couple of hundred pounds. From where I was perched in the tree, it came down on my head as soon as it was free. Glad I was wearing my hard hat!

• Group:  Senior Member

Literally! I was pruning the tree in my front yard a few years back, and the largest branch must have been a couple of hundred pounds. From where I was perched in the tree, it came down on my head as soon as it was free. Glad I was wearing my hard hat!

:emot-LOL::(:o ohhhh my - glad U were wearing your hard hat too. some of my pruning needs to be done from a ladder, but they are not that big!!! :shofar:

:emot-LOL::(:o ohhhh my - glad U were wearing your hard hat too. some of my pruning needs to be done from a ladder, but they are not that big!!! :shofar:

God is with me!