• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

See there's this kid who sits in front of me in class, i talk to him about my religion. I argue/talk to him on how we run things, but he doesn't get some of the things i say. I tell him he needs to read the bible to know what God wants for him, but he sticks just to this book that tells him how to think. I also have a hard time explaining why idols or his saints are bad. I told him about the frist commandment; you know: "you shall have no other Gods before me" Exodus 20:3. and even pulled out this story on a statue that got up and destroyed all the other statues b/c it was jelous, and he was like "no, they can't move!" and i was like "excactly!" and he was like no.

how do i explain to him what we believe, with out being mean, or saying "YOUR WRONG"

Also, i once told him about speaking toungs, and how it's when your so full of the lord's spirit, that he gives you that privilage. He said it was creepy, and that he had never heard it, so i must be wrong. then i was just mad. How could people be so, so..gosh, i don't want to say it, but i though it. (i was going to say ignorant.) (i feel bad now) (sorry lord) He is very devote, but doesn't understand the diffrence between knowing god, and knowing God, as in having a relationship with him.

Help, guys. make me strong. So that when i speak to him again, i may be more prepared.

Best,

Lilly.

*title applies to us all, i think.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  426
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  3,633
  • Content Per Day:  0.58
  • Days Won:  13
  • Birthday:  08/26/1978

Revelation 12:11 (New King James Version)

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Tell him your testimony, How you came to the Lord and why you chose him. He cannot argue that!

Revelation 12:11 (New King James Version)

11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, and they did not love their lives to the death.

Tell him your testimony, How you came to the Lord and why you chose him. He cannot argue that!

hmm, good answer, but i need more than that. I need proof. besides myself.

He is very stubborn. thinks he is right, and i am doing some crazy vodo. i don't; i need, need to get through to him. i need verses, i need note cards, i need testimonies, i need wisdom, i need unreputible statements, i need to be rational, i need patients, i need guidence...

:24::24::24:

:whistling::noidea::blink:

:24:

Edited by time-keeper

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

Hello Time,

Many times people just don't understand Christ the way that we do. Because he attend church, he may not be receiving all that we know. So sharing with him will take patience and the moving of the Holy Ghost. Continue to show him the way to the full knowledge of Christ through your testimony and lifestyle. Since you are filled with the Holy Ghost allow Him to direct you when to say sometime to the young man. In your personal time with God, stand in the gap, holding him up in prayer. May God richly bless and anoint you as you go about doing the work of the Father. :noidea:

2J :whistling:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  1,901
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  29

He is very stubborn. thinks he is right, and i am doing some crazy vodo. i don't; i need, need to get through to him. i need verses, i need note cards, i need testimonies, i need wisdom, i need unreputible statements, i need to be rational, i need patients, i need guidence...

Your Bible has contents and index where you can look up scripture for witnessing. Your local Christian bookstore will be able to help you in founding a booklet

with needed scripture. Scripture information plus what Isaiah shared above about your testimony is two great tools in winning someone to Christ.

hmm, i see. Well, i want to give up, to tell you the truth. I gave him the chance, warned him on what he should do. Gave him texts from the bible, i even explained that story. I just want to leave it up to God to show im the way. On the other hand, i know i should press this issue on him, so he knows. Still, if i had some buddhist follow me around, and tell me about his gods, i would be like, :whistling: . So i really should leave him alone, but i also should tell him how he should better approach god.

i should tell him the one about praying from the heart, and not a memorized poem. anyone know which one it is...the one that explains to pray frok the heart?...

what do you guys think i should do?

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

See there's this kid who sits in front of me in class, i talk to him about my religion. I argue/talk to him on how we run things, but he doesn't get some of the things i say. I tell him he needs to read the bible to know what God wants for him, but he sticks just to this book that tells him how to think. I also have a hard time explaining why idols or his saints are bad. I told him about the frist commandment; you know: "you shall have no other Gods before me" Exodus 20:3. and even pulled out this story on a statue that got up and destroyed all the other statues b/c it was jelous, and he was like "no, they can't move!" and i was like "excactly!" and he was like no.

how do i explain to him what we believe, with out being mean, or saying "YOUR WRONG"

Also, i once told him about speaking toungs, and how it's when your so full of the lord's spirit, that he gives you that privilage. He said it was creepy, and that he had never heard it, so i must be wrong. then i was just mad. How could people be so, so..gosh, i don't want to say it, but i though it. (i was going to say ignorant.) (i feel bad now) (sorry lord) He is very devote, but doesn't understand the diffrence between knowing god, and knowing God, as in having a relationship with him.

Help, guys. make me strong. So that when i speak to him again, i may be more prepared.

Best,

Lilly.

*title applies to us all, i think.

I certainly admire your diligence,and urge to spread the gospel. I have found sometimes that our best witness is by our actions instead of our words. When you have said all you can at the end of the day, sometimes you just have to be Jesus, and by that, i mean reflecting him with your kindness and understanding. keep up the good work, you are truly an inspiration.

Hey okay more.

Stop trying to save him.

You are not the savior. Why do you Need to save him?

Also pray pray pray. Just words will not work.

Also remember what St. Francis said

"Preach always, and when necessary use words."

In other words let your life be and example!

oh and more to come when I have time.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,683
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/14/1962

Hey okay more.

Stop trying to save him.

You are not the savior. Why do you Need to save him?

Also pray pray pray. Just words will not work.

Also remember what St. Francis said

"Preach always, and when necessary use words."

In other words let your life be and example!

amen, Isaiah!