• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1986

EDIT: I pposted in the wrong forum can somebody move this?

I'm gonna take a page out of the Nostalgia Critic's book and do a top eleven list.

11. Bowser from Mario: Classic baddie; a monster who kidnaps a princess and the hero has to go on a big adventure to save her. In most games, in the last battle, Bowser seems to go into a blind rage, and Mario outsmarts him, resulting in his defeat.

10. Voldemort from Harry Potter: I'd place him pretty low on the list, mainly because of how he turned out in the last book. In the first six books, he was one mean mother, so in control and very intimidating. In the last book, he became such an annoying wimp. He was a whiny Prima-Donna and the final battle was epic fail.

9. Ganondorf from the Legend of Zelda games: I only played Ocarina of Time, but Ganon was a great villain there. He takes over Hyrule, cleverly anticipates every move Link and Zelda make, and uses this knowledge to his advantage. But, he just couldn't hold against the Hero of Time.

8. Ultimecia from Final Fantasy VIII: An evil sorceress with a simple agenda. Instead of destroying or taking over the world, her ambition was to compress time and rule over it. You don't actually see her until the final battle, but she possesses a good sorceress, manipulates a war, nearly kills Rinoa and distorts the world. The battle against her is an epic one. Starts out with her in human form, she then summons a monster to atomize the heroes, she then possess the monster to make it even harder, and then you see her in a godly form.

7. Secretary of State Vincent Hadden from the first three Syphon Filter games: A corrupt politician who wants nothing but power and will even resort to terrorism and war to achieve it. A real nasty baddie who gets what he deserves in the end. Mikhas Ivankov from the fourth game was alright, but he was just a stereotypical terrorist and not very original. "I'll nuke Moscow, make it seem like the US was responsible, and start a war between the two countries and let them destroy each other." That type of character has been done to death.

6. Kuja from Final Fantasy IX: A melodramatic, cross-dressing villain who has everything planned out. He manipulates the most powerful country in the world to wage a war in the first two discs. Three cities are destroyed in that war. In the third disc, Kuja himself destroys the city of Alexandria. His goal is to rule over the planets of Gaia and Terra, but we learn that he, along the main protagonist are creations of a man named Garland in Terra. Zidane, the protagonist, was meant to be the permanent "Angel of Death" and Kuja was only temporary. There was a limit placed on his life. We find out after he kills Garland, who comes back as...something. A spiritual presence? So, after learning that he would soon die, Kuja decides to destroy the world After all, why should the world exist without him?

5. Sauron from Lord of the Rings: You never see him, he doesn't speak a single line, but you know that he is the most evil thing in existence. Even the all-powerful Gandalf fears him. If he wishes it, his dark presence can be felt throughout Middle-earth. Forget all the atrocities his armies caused, it's the fear factor that really stands out for me.

4. Azula from Avatar: the Last Airbender: Yes, I know Ozai is the main villain, but let's face it, Azula is much more interesting. Ozai is just a power hungry dictator. She is so evil and manipulative that you just love her. The blue fire adds more points to her. Whether she commits an act of evil out of duty or just for the laughs, it's epic.

3. Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII: This guy is badass incarnate. His ambition is to summon a meteor to destroy the world, so he can meld with the Lifestream, the world's spiritual energy, and become a god. On the way, he murders a good few thousand innocent people, including Aeris.

2. Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars: Here is a guy you just love to hate. He is a mix of several forms of villains; the corrupt politician, the evil genius, the manipulative *******, and the Dark Lord. He started the problems in the galaxy by taxing the trade routes, pissing off the Federation. That led to the whole Naboo Crisis, and step one was complete. Palpatine was elected Chancellor. To the Republic, he was Palpatine, to the Separatists, he was Darth Sidious. Once he manipulated he Separatists into attacking the Republic, the senate voted him emergency powers. Step two was complete. Now he had the authority to create an Army of the Republic and wage a war against the Separatists. After losing two apprentices, he cleverly turned Anakin over to the Dark Side. That was step three. After that he used Anakin, now Darth Vader, and the clone troopers to eliminate the Jedi and the Separatist leaders. Everything had gone according to plan for him, and Palpatine declared himself the Emperor. For over twenty years, he held absolute power over the galaxy, but he didn't bank on the success of Luke Skywalker and the Rebel Alliance. Ultimately, it never even crossed his mind that Anakin would come back into the Light Side of the Force and destroy him to save Luke.

1. Krelian from Xenogears. This is a tragic character with a very complex goal. At first, he was on the good side, serving as the top general in the resistance movement against the onslaught of the Empire of Solaris. After Mother Sophia, to whom he had an unrequited love for sacrificed herself to allow the rebels a self retreat, he snapped. He concluded that if God existed, He would never have allowed this to happen, and if God doesn't exist, he would create God with his own hands. The means he takes to achieve this are deplorable. During that time, he became the leader of Solaris in order to help the Ministry achieve their goal of "Becoming one with God". He experimented on countless innocent people, forcing them to go through painful mutations, manipulating a war with Aveh and Kislev, resurrection Deus, a "god" machine which subsequently resulted in Deus absorbing the souls of 90% of the world's population. His ultimate goal was to have the -Contact-, our main protagonist Fei Fong Wong destroy Deus so the Wave Existence, or the true "God" could be free and return to His dimension. That way, Krelian and the world's population could be one with God, and never have to suffer again. I am not doing this beautiful masterpiece of a game any justice with this review. Krelian is more of an antihero than a true villain.

Edited by Darth Ultor

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  180
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/10/1990

At number 9 on the list, I'd like to add at the end: or the heroes of winds, twilight, or the first heroes in the NES, and the gameboy advanced games. Try out Wind Waker, or Twilight Princess. They are both pretty good games all around, though TP is darker in the story than any other Zelda game, other than Majora's Mask. Wind Waker has a very good story, and it keeps you interested all though the adventure. Even when you are sailing around, there is much to do, and there is much humor through the game. WW is considered a game from a split timeline. If Link had remained as an adult in OoT, and TP if he had remained as a child.

While I could go on and on about Zelda/Final Fantasy and the like, I would get too far into it :)

top 5 fictional baddies to me personally

5. Naraku/Onigumo (Inuyasha)

4.Seshomaru (Inuyasha) Not a bad guy at the end, but pretty evil for more than half the series)

3. Majora's mask (Zelda game)

2. Uchiha Madara (Naruto) Tobi's a GOOD boy!

1. Sephiroth (along with Genesis, and Jenova) Final fantasy VII Crisiscore, and other spinoffs

Edited by Silver Shadow

....I'm gonna take a page out of the Nostalgia Critic's book and do a top eleven list...

Although He Is Not A Fictional Character He Still Is A Character So I Like Brother Jonah Best.

As An Antagonist Jonah May Be A World-Class Bummer-Drag But It Is Through His Story That We Can See With God All Things Are Possible.

Hallelujah!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

3. Colonel Miles Quartrich, Chief of Security at Hells Gate. Avatar. "Out there, beyond that fence, every living thing that crawls, flies or squats in the mud wants to kill you and eat your eyes for jujubes."

2. Darth Vader. He was the baddest of the bad for almost 20 years. Plus, he had had his own ominous theme music everytime he stepped on the scene. I was a kid and Vader left a big impression when he strangled that guy with his mind.

1. The Lich King. He is the current Biggest baddie in the World. No other medium of entertainment generates more income that WoW (no one even comes close.) With tens of thousands at any one time playing with one Ultimate goal...Kill the Lich King! Out of 11 million people...only 8000 or so have suceeded. Oh, he's a bad man.

I really don't have a favorite evil, but I suppose if I had to choose, it would be Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heros.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

I really don't have a favorite evil, but I suppose if I had to choose, it would be Colonel Klink from Hogan's Heros.

It doesn't say you have to like or support the antagonist. There are some bad guys that you just love to root against and hope they go down.

BTW...Colonel Klink is an excellent choice! :) Who didn't love seeing that bumbling idiot and his laughable goons get out-smarted every week...lol. Haven't seen that show for years...

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I always thought Negaduck against Darkwing Duck was the best antagonist-hero creation ever!

If you've never seen the cartoon, Darkwing is a lot like Batman - only he's a comic hero with a humongous ego.

Negaduck is Darkwing's complete equal and opposite - ego included!

When they have a battle of egos, it's hysterical!

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Speaking of Batman -

The Joker is a good antagonist. Unfortunately, you have to know something about the comics to fully appreciate just how good of a villain he is.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  221
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  11/06/1994

Speaking of Batman -

The Joker is a good antagonist. Unfortunately, you have to know something about the comics to fully appreciate just how good of a villain he is.

hmm, i would suppose so, but where do ya think i could get a hold of a copy?...summer is coming up, and i'll have plenty of time.

and yes, i would agree with you.