• Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

A Christian Response to the 'Ground Zero Mosque'

by Staff

July 14, 2010

ST PETERSBURG, Fla., (christiansunite.com) -- Bill Keller, leader of the world's largest interactive Christian website for 11 years, Liveprayer.com, will open this September the 9-11 Christian Center at Ground Zero as a Christian response to the mosque the Muslims are building just blocks away.

Keller said that rather than hold a protest that people will forget an hour after it is over, he wanted to take an ongoing stand against this new mosque in a bold, visible, and meaningful way.

Read the rest here

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

I wonder which will last longer. the mosque or the center? I have this feeling that something will happen to turn that area to more violence.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  90
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Now now Paul:

I heard one prominent preacher say that we can't hate the Islamic extremists but at the same time, we can't afford to be passive."Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition" seems to apply here.

They need to research their religion, and see the reallity that took place; meaning that if they didn't follow, they would die,.. nice religion,.. not!

Guest shiloh357

That is not just a "Mosque." It is going to be 15 stories high and serve a "community center." Let's just build a Japanese community center next to the sunken USS Arizona. That is the equivalent of what is being suggested by these people who want to build this monstrosity.

I am starting to notice a pattern. We have these "Islamic community centers" springing up in Tennesee, New York, and in other places really close to neighborhoods and areas of high population. I saw a recent story on the news about a group of Muslims that bought a house in a sub-division to covert to a mosque in defiance of zoning laws. They are seeking to get the zoning laws changed AFTER they bought the house.

The neighbors are rightfully opposed because those zoning laws are there to help protect the property value of their homes. Their property value will fall to the floor as result of having to live next to a mosque, not to mention the increased traffic and possibility of having a mineret erected in the backyard. I will find the story and post it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,363
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  9

I am starting to notice a pattern. We have these "Islamic community centers" springing up in Tennesee, New York, and in other places really close to neighborhoods and areas of high population. I saw a recent story on the news about a group of Muslims that bought a house in a sub-division to covert to a mosque in defiance of zoning laws. They are seeking to get the zoning laws changed AFTER they bought the house.

The neighbors are rightfully opposed because those zoning laws are there to help protect the property value of their homes. Their property value will fall to the floor as result of having to live next to a mosque, not to mention the increased traffic and possibility of having a mineret erected in the backyardd. I will find the story and post it.

I've noticed what you are describing, also. Our state has been the location of a town which is a muslim community for many years.

A lot of people try to by-pass zoning and property ordinances - Our community has experienced a case where a "company" has purchased residential property in a subdivision to use as a half-way house for sex offenders exiting the prison system. No one was aware it was going to be anything but a single family residence until neighbors noticed many adult men living there and coming and going, etc. When the situation became obvious - the "owner" was cited for unauthorized use. The community disallowed the zoning change (some zoning ordinances are very valuable)....

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Now I realize the Us Constitution allows the muslims to build this mosque, but lets use a little common sense here. Of all the land in this country they have to build the mosque there, that is just wrong, plain and simple.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

Now I realize the Us Constitution allows the muslims to build this mosque, but lets use a little common sense here. Of all the land in this country they have to build the mosque there, that is just wrong, plain and simple.

In that case, it seems that the proper Christian response is "No."

I agree